1. Guest, due to an issue with the agelock we had to redo the whole system, if you did not get your access yet, please wait up to an hour to receive it, if you haven't still gotten it afterwards, please PM dopy.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Using yahoo mail? Some of you have been flagging us as spam, hence mails sent to a yahoo email account will no longer be delivered for an undisclosed time. Please consider using a different email host if you really need those emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Master/mistress and pet

The_Stray Dec 13, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Stray

The_Stray Member

Species:
    Twin-Tailed Demon Fox/Wolf Hybrid
    Credits:
    Hello denizens of the pile. I am Stray (duh) and I am interested in learning the whole master/mistress and pet relationship. I had believed it to be like a Dom/Sub type thing, but recent chats have led me to believe that this was not entirely accurate.
    So if someone well versed in this could please explain some of the finer points to this, I would be really grateful.

2. Tyamur Lancaster

Tyamur Lancaster Moderator

Credits:
    I suggest that you PM me about your specific questions and I'll see what I can do to answer them....

3. kibamoon

kibamoon Active Member

Species:
    Equine
    Credits:
    Why not answer them on the forum for the people who come across this and possibly have the same questions? This is something I hate when I'm trying to find answers to game or computer-related questions. Someone has simply said 'pm me for it' and it was five years ago, so there's no hope of ever finding that answer.

4. Sapphire

Sapphire dddddd

Species:
    Vulpine
    Credits:
    I cannot profess to be an expert on this matter, I did do this once some time ago now (I was the pet, as you might expect), but I did learn a few things about it; it is not easy to define, however.

Essentially, the Master and Pet relationship is a domination / submission power play with a twist of care woven into the concept. From what I have seen, there are all kinds of different variants that individuals create for themselves in these relationships, but, ultimately, the Master looks after the Pet and the Pet pleases the Master with compliance. In that, it has more to do with comfort and companionship then it has to do with actual power games, it could be said. It can get pretty complicated, though, since people can, and sometimes do, become emotionally invested into these relationships, taking actual pleasure from the experience in a real world way, and it grows more and more serious. I remember hearing once of a Master actually taking his Pet, in the real world, with him as he moved to a different state. I have also heard of Pets becoming emotionally affected in their relationships, allowing their Master's to dictate to them in a real world way. Bit extreme, in my opinion, and the idea someone can become that serious about it does give me pause, personally.

But, for most people, it is just a bit of fun as well as something to comfort yourself with; like why people get real pets in the real world. Of course, it is always important to set out boundaries and agree what sort of things will or will not be entertained in your relationship, and it is important to note that you can walk away from it anytime you want; I have come across 'Pets' that have not spoken with their 'Masters' for a long time and they still consider themselves to be Pets. Again, people take it a bit too seriously sometimes. ^_^;

Anyway, hope that helps, and feel free to ask more about it. :smile:

The_Stray likes this.
  5. The_Stray

The_Stray Member

Species:
    Twin-Tailed Demon Fox/Wolf Hybrid
    Credits:
    Extremely helpful, thanks for your input.

6. Sapphire

Sapphire dddddd

Species:
    Vulpine
    Credits:
    No problem, Stray. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.