1. Guest, due to an issue with the agelock we had to redo the whole system, if you did not get your access yet, please wait up to an hour to receive it, if you haven't still gotten it afterwards, please PM dopy.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Using yahoo mail? Some of you have been flagging us as spam, hence mails sent to a yahoo email account will no longer be delivered for an undisclosed time. Please consider using a different email host if you really need those emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving abroad for school and life

Thal Dec 8, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thal

Thal dddd

Species:
    Canis inferi
    Credits:
    So, I've decided to lay the foundations for a new life overseas. I'd like to go overseas to continue my education, as I have no opportunities here due to family, as I come from an incredibly toxic family, namely, they are unsupportive towards my ambitions of becoming a scientist, since I decided for myself that it's the right path for me, after months of thinking.

What I need is help on securing money for my new life, my new career. Expenses for travelling abroad, finding rent, finding a new job and finding a new way of life. How to cope with red tape, even. I'm none too satisfied with life here, as everything here that exists seem to be a joke, that it erodes the foundations of what the Founding Fathers wanted, and I have plenty of reasons to leave my situation.

I am generally unhappy with my life here, my personal life is gone, my friends, who I'm not sure who are my friends anymore, my parents (including my dad, mom and every step-parent I've been with) seemingly being against everything I do, and well, I have no idea who to trust anymore. Not to mention I'm increasing disappointed with life here in general.

Is there anything that I should know about moving to a new land? I plan to move to Germany, for specifics.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  2. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Member

Credits:
    Why not to move to a different state instead? In Germany, you won't know the language and culture and also they will look down on you since you're a foreigner, simply put it will be much harder.

3. Thal

Thal dddd

Species:
    Canis inferi
    Credits:
    I'm learning the language for one, and I'm generally disappointed with life here, as there are no real opportunities here for me, for two. Besides, I've always wanted to move to another country. Besides, you can experience the same distaste in another state, so it's like moving to another country, anyways.

4. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Member

Credits:
    Is there a reason for the lack of opportunities where you live currently?

5. Thal

Thal dddd

Species:
    Canis inferi
    Credits:
    Yes, due to red tape preventing me from realizing my future, no matter what state I live in, due to the general culture, due to many factors, including deeply personal reasons.

6. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Member

Credits:
    But how can moving out to Germany help with that? No one is waiting you there with open arms.

7. Thal

Thal dddd

Species:
    Canis inferi
    Credits:
    Not that I care. Besides, American education is infamously expensive, and even then, I don't exactly expect to remain there for the rest of my life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.