1. Guest, due to an issue with the agelock we had to redo the whole system, if you did not get your access yet, please wait up to an hour to receive it, if you haven't still gotten it afterwards, please PM dopy.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Using yahoo mail? Some of you have been flagging us as spam, hence mails sent to a yahoo email account will no longer be delivered for an undisclosed time. Please consider using a different email host if you really need those emails.
    Dismiss Notice

To be a furry, or not to be.

Boarders Dec 13, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boarders

Boarders New Member

I am asking a simple question, In each of your own words, what does it mean to be a furry?

Is it a way you can express your true self, whether that self being your persona or using your persona for the anonymity of a blank slate you can meld?

Is it a defense against your life experiences and a way to 'get away' from your life for a time?

Or is it something else I, in my limited perspective, cannot see?

2. Rakiya

Rakiya New Member

Species:
    Black Liger
    Credits:
    I'm not entirely sure if I'm qualified to answer this question since many probably wouldn't consider me a furry.
    In fact, I question whether I'm genuinely interested in the culture of furries, or simply indulging in some non-human art.

But essentially a fursona for me is my online persona.
    It's a personality which borrows heavily from my own, yet remains distinctively different in the sense that there are fictitious elements incorporated into him. Being furry to me, is projecting said character out and interacting with others on a personal- but not really level. So I'd answer it's many of the things you listed; anonymity being key, but also getting away from real life for a bit (Isn't the internet like for everyone... well for those of us who don't live on FB).

Offline, I probably don't associate myself as a furry.
    I don't dress up, nor do I attend gatherings (Not that I could, even if I wanted to).
    It's cute though, and I'd be interested in learning of other furries and their escapades.

I suppose if I use LGBT as a comparison, I'm more an associate/sympathizer than an actual branch member.
    I'm mainly only around for the art, roleplay, and character projection.

3. Boarders

Boarders New Member

Well said, It is good to hear the perspective of one who seems to only participate when in a private place for ones self. And you categorize yourself as an associate of furs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.