1. Guest, due to an issue with the agelock we had to redo the whole system, if you did not get your access yet, please wait up to an hour to receive it, if you haven't still gotten it afterwards, please PM dopy.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Using yahoo mail? Some of you have been flagging us as spam, hence mails sent to a yahoo email account will no longer be delivered for an undisclosed time. Please consider using a different email host if you really need those emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Weapon bans

Thal Oct 31, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emily Silverfang

Emily Silverfang Member

Species:
    Wolf
    Credits:
    I live in the UK, where weapons are already banned -- even weapon licenses don't exist here. I do think the US should follow suit.

2. Sid _burn

Sid _burn Active Member

Species:
    Dragon
    Credits:
    Banning guns will solve NOTHING. there is no need to restrict firearms whatsoever. It won't stop criminals or mass shootings. Criminals don't follow laws, we need to go after criminals. What part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED! Do people not understand. No amount of licenses, taxes, restrictions will stop this. A armed society is polite society.

It's sad that wackos go crazy and hurt and kill people but this is life. Its not going to change, someone wants to kill, they could load a truck or car up with fertilizer to make a bomb and ram it into a building or crowd. What then ban fertilizer? Cars?

People who do not own or have ever used a firearm should not make laws or such on matters like this. By this I mean individuals who do not know how a firearm works. I am very passionate about this, the Second Amendment is a LAW and shall not be disobeyed. We need to focus on less restrictive gun laws that hurt the law abiding citizen and go after criminals and those who should not own such a tool. Owning a firearm is a RIGHT NOT A PRIVLAGE! Be a criminal and you lose it.

It is also in place to PROTECT US FROM THE GOVERMENT. The government knows they can't screw us over, we won't let it happen. Gods I hope so.

3. ZeroW0lf

ZeroW0lf New Member

Species:
    Wolf
    Credits:
    Banning guns from law abiding citizens won't solve anything.

Most gun deaths are caused by illegal gun owners. Factor these out and you have a significanty reduced gun violence rate in gun saturated America.

So, how do we get guns out of the hands of illegal gun owners? Tell them that, and I bet the NRA would listen.

And everything @Sid _burn said too.

Yes, I do have guns. :smile:

4. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Member

Credits:
    According to statistics blacks are MUCH more likely to commit a crime using a gun than any other race, therefore all blacks should be banned from owning guns. In this way only a small part of population will be hurt, while greatly reducing gun crime rates. When gun violence drops other races will be less inclined to buy a gun for self-defense, which means they are less likely to pop a cap into their head, which is great also.

5. Sid _burn

Sid _burn Active Member

Species:
    Dragon
    Credits:
    Banning guns will not work, by doing that more criminals will get ahold of them because they don't follow laws! Race has nothing to do with it, it's how your raised and the mentaily of such groups. Also that they get away with it over and over out of jail got a gun again..we must go after black markets. Places were guns are more prominent in the hands of law abiding citizens crime is alot lower.

We won't be rid of such violence, as long as evil people and criminals exist violence will always be in our world and lives. You will never be rid of it. It's part of life.

Thal likes this.
  6. Windchill

Windchill Member

Species:
    ArcticWolf
    Credits:
    I might add my two cents into this, but that last part i tottally agree with, but also good luck getting all the guns out of texas. XD its not possible.

7. ZeroW0lf

ZeroW0lf New Member

Species:
    Wolf
    Credits:
    @ViciousCircle

If you don't think black people should have em, come and take my guns from me, bud.

8. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Member

Credits:
    I'm not saying every black person is a criminal, but if we are going to ban something we have to look at the larger picture. Also you can't even go out and buy yourself a beer, yet they land guns to youngsters like you. It's absurd, a gun is so much more dangerous than a can of beer.

Uneducated, intellectually inferior beings usually resort to violence since they can't get what they want in more sophisticated way, due to their mental shortcomings, but not because they are evil. Of course there are some who are driven by their extremism or organized crime, but we can't really do anything about them and frankly speaking you are very unlikely to face them in everyday situations anyway.

As for putting a ban on guns for everyone being ineffective, just look at the UK. Gun crimes are over hundred times less common than in the US. How can you say it's ineffective? Sure you can say criminals will use other weapons, such as knives, but you're much more likely to survive a knife attack than being shot. And we have to not forget that guns makes suicide far too easy.

9. ZeroW0lf

ZeroW0lf New Member

Species:
    Wolf
    Credits:
    Wel eye dibn't no blak pepul wuz mentuhllie enfeareor oar diseducated then udder racez uv pepul.

May-bee yuuz gots uh poynt ther. Wez knot awl kriminulz, we'z just uh bunchuh diseducated foolz hoo rezortz tuh violinse wen we'z don' git r way.

And to your point about banning guns for everyone, I can't believe it!

Who knew, that where there are less guns, there's less gun crime!!

(Gun crime rate =/= violent crime rate)

The problem is again, not the tool, it's the intention. Do note, as well, that Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in America, and has had an amount of homocides this year that has left me, and probably most Americans, slack-jawed.

Oh, I forgot one thing. I can't buy a hand gun (the kind that most mass shootings are done with?) until I can buy a can of beer.

I can buy a sporting/hunting rifle. Which is used for hog hunting. And requires a background check, to show that I have no criminal history, or potential red flags.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  10. Sid _burn

Sid _burn Active Member

Species:
    Dragon
    Credits:
    The Uk has more violence then you think. Banning guns won't work, you just don't seem to get it! You cant just walk into the store and buy a firearm. There are age restrictions and background checks. If you fail it at all you are denied. No gun.

Baning guns is stupid bad people will still have them, they don't care about the law....and frankly I think any place that bans weapons are retarded morons.

The only guns you can get without a background check are Black Powder guns. They are not seen as guns (by the batf)..good luck causing crime with a one shot long rifle that takes 5 minutes to reload with powder, the wad and the lead ball. Highly ineffective and more suited to plinking and hunting. You won't ever seea criminal with a black powder firearm.

ZeroW0lf likes this.
  11. ZeroW0lf

ZeroW0lf New Member

Species:
    Wolf
    Credits:
    To supplement Sid's argument, the "Gunshow-loophole" does not exist.

Sid _burn likes this.
  12. Sid _burn

Sid _burn Active Member

Species:
    Dragon
    Credits:
    You are correct it's utter Bs the lies that are spewed, there are no loopholes, only loophole is building your own gun, BUT it has to be done legally and you can't be a criminal. Your are allowed to by federal and Batf law to build your own firearms provided they follow all batf and Nfa laws, failure to do so 10 years in jail and a $100,000 fine.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  13. Thal

Thal dddd

Species:
    Canis inferi
    Credits:
    Personally weighting in, weapon bans are quite unnecessary due to the fact that regardless, violence will still be a thing that will reoccur. It has nothing to do with race or anything genetic. Violence will always be around, regardless. You can't simply wrestle a weapon out of a populace's hands. The only way to even curb violence, is to educate.

ZeroW0lf and Sid _burn like this.
  14. Boarders

Boarders New Member

so much walls of text,
    a firearms purpose is to kill
    It was developed as a more efficient way to kill humans (war)
    It has been adopted domestically as a personal protection
    america was founded on freedom, and with that is the freedom to do right or wrong.
    no government will be ever large enough to effectively govern all people especial in a country the physical size of the United states
    The best governing factor for a country is it's citizens moral compass (right vs wrong)
    The right to bear arms was protected on the basis of defending freedoms from a tyrannical government
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely
    Protection from discipline/consequences allows power

Therefore if any american wishes to uphold the constitution it is your civil duty to protect the right to bear arms, and if you so choose not to bear arms than your best recourse to teach morals, right vs wrong.

It is not what you believe, whether guns are good or bad in society, answer these questions if you believe me wrong:
    Do you trust the politicians running the country?
    Do you believe they will keep your freedoms unmolested if the population could not fight back?
    This is not about murderers and terrorists, it is: what will happen when you choose to give politicians absolute power?

The pen is mightier than the sword, but only if you have a sword to defend the pen.

ZeroW0lf likes this.
  15. Boarders

Boarders New Member

A personal note to you, when you hear or read those statistics find where the source is getting them from. there are statistically more blacks in poverty driven parts of america as well, and when you are poor your priorities change. now that being said, I know many black people would would not dream of hurting another violently without provocation, (with the right provocation you would as well commit violence), and guess what their basic needs are met and they live happily. Read into statistics, never take them at face value,someone with a bias is always the reason they are collected, you just need to find the bias.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.