1. Guest, due to an issue with the agelock we had to redo the whole system, if you did not get your access yet, please wait up to an hour to receive it, if you haven't still gotten it afterwards, please PM dopy.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Using yahoo mail? Some of you have been flagging us as spam, hence mails sent to a yahoo email account will no longer be delivered for an undisclosed time. Please consider using a different email host if you really need those emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Alternatives to oil?

Thal Nov 16, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thal

Thal dddd

Species:
    Arcanine
    Credits:
  2. Wolf Bain Skyhunter

Wolf Bain Skyhunter ddddd

Species:
    Wolf
    Credits:
    Well no-one has posted here but I think I will.

We need to find this solution soon. in the home energy department, I think that nuclear is the best bet and with that we can work on electric cars, which will be awesome. aside from that uses of bio desel will work far better in the farming and military sector. Really it is aviation that has the most problems since the only effective fuel is made from fossil fuels.

3. Thal

Thal dddd

Species:
    Arcanine
    Credits:
    Possible research into fusion? I like your way of thinking. (Is very interested in nuclear science)

4. Wolf Bain Skyhunter

Wolf Bain Skyhunter ddddd

Species:
    Wolf
    Credits:
    The issue with Fusion is that it is still very new, untested and we dont know the issues yet. I mean, from what I have read, although we are around 2-5 years away from a functional prototype (Though they were saying that around 3 years ago, so yeah), we are around 20 years away from applying it. Better to play it safe and go for the nuclear option for now, just to take the edge off you know?

And a new solar powered nuclear waste disposal plant looks promising for cheap disposal (well once its built anyway. Its VERY exspensive to set up).

And recently I have found out about Sterling Engines. Very interesting devices that, while inefficient power sources, can run on excess heat. For example a Server farm in finland plans to add them to the roof because of all the excess heat that will be made from the server banks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.