1. Guest, due to an issue with the agelock we had to redo the whole system, if you did not get your access yet, please wait up to an hour to receive it, if you haven't still gotten it afterwards, please PM dopy.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Using yahoo mail? Some of you have been flagging us as spam, hence mails sent to a yahoo email account will no longer be delivered for an undisclosed time. Please consider using a different email host if you really need those emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Archery!

Thal Dec 14, 2016

?

What's your style of archery?

1. English

66.7%
  2. Turkish

33.3%
  3. Chinese

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Japanese

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Mongol

33.3%
  6. Korean

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Compound

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other

33.3%
  9. Crossbow

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Viking

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thal

Thal dddd

Species:
    Canis inferi/Lycanroc (Midnight)
    Credits:
    I like bows. Bows are nice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I, myself, prefer English and Middle Eastern archery, myself. To a lesser extent, I also like Mongol archery.

2. Tom

Tom dddd

Species:
    Dragon
    Credits:
    You Missed out Viking Archery :P

I don't practice it; Too easy to take out a man's eye, even with rubber reenactment tips. But it's a thing, with its own unique kind of bow and everything.

3. Thal

Thal dddd

Species:
    Canis inferi/Lycanroc (Midnight)
    Credits:
    Bam, I added it. But generally, you could simply practice on your own... :P

4. Keinai

Keinai Member

Species:
    Wolf
    Credits:
    I used to be into it since my brother was certified to instruct English style. I haven't really found the time or motivation to pick it up again in quite a while, though I believe the gear is still in the house somewhere.

5. Skytech

Skytech Member

Species:
    Vulpan
    Credits:
    I voted 'other' because it's my style. It's instinctive shooting rather than line of shaft sighting. I like the style because it's flashy. I saw another archer use it for demonstration of styles and copied it as a signature as part of my act to get the attention of the crowds when performing. Was getting good at it (meaning I hit targets well) and gave more of a Robin Hood image to my role.

For those wondering, you don't look down the arrow shaft to sight your target. The bow is held a few inches away to one side as if it were a separate entity. You learn to focus on the arrow tip and 'instinctively' line up the shot to the target. You might think of it as 'shooting from the hip'. Done well, audiences find it almost magical.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.