1. Guest, due to an issue with the agelock we had to redo the whole system, if you did not get your access yet, please wait up to an hour to receive it, if you haven't still gotten it afterwards, please PM dopy.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Using yahoo mail? Some of you have been flagging us as spam, hence mails sent to a yahoo email account will no longer be delivered for an undisclosed time. Please consider using a different email host if you really need those emails.
    Dismiss Notice
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonova

Dragonova New Member

Species:
    Dragon
    Credits:
    So I started drawing around the same time I joined the furry community. So that's only about a half a month so I'm not that good. Either way, is there any things people think I should know when starting out?

2. Alerion

Alerion New Member

Species:
    Mutt Dog
    Credits:
    Hope it's not too late to post on this but one thing to know is REFERENCES.

Yes good old google stock images. It's better to see things in real life, unless it's a fantasy creature(still use references of the animals it is composed of.) Like say you are drawing a centaur, reference the upper half of a human body and the body of a horse. Some artist may say you are cheating I say butts to them.

Also, practice, practice, practice! You will get better, trust me. The great artist of history didn't come out swinging a paintbrush, they worked hard everyday to get where they got. As long as you keep trying you will see improvement. Same goes for us little guys on FA and here, check out our art from 3 years ago versus now, there is change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.