1. Guest, due to an issue with the agelock we had to redo the whole system, if you did not get your access yet, please wait up to an hour to receive it, if you haven't still gotten it afterwards, please PM dopy.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Using yahoo mail? Some of you have been flagging us as spam, hence mails sent to a yahoo email account will no longer be delivered for an undisclosed time. Please consider using a different email host if you really need those emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Battle fleet rp idea

DrakeWolf Jan 8, 2017

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrakeWolf

DrakeWolf ddddd

Species:
    WolfDragon
    Credits:
    Sci-Fi setting

In this setting a fleet was formed that's sole purpose is to hit any targets and to cause chaos behind enemy lines. The fleet is mobile as it jumps from place to place never staying in one area. The fleet is small and also can't get resources and has to scavenge scrap yards, raid enemy supply depots and sometimes buy some at shops and few at underworld locations off the black market.

Fleet make up

1 carrier
    4 destroyers
    2 frigates
    6 supply ships

2. Sierra

Sierra Member

Species:
    Tigerwolf
    Credits:
    Would this be post/text based combat or RNG/dice rolling? Any restrictions/limits on what the different vessels can be/comprise of?

3. DrakeWolf

DrakeWolf ddddd

Species:
    WolfDragon
    Credits:
    Post/text based. As for vessels, they can be limits to them. For one thing the tech is around Star Wars level.

4. Maroo

Maroo dddd

Species:
    brown bear
    Credits:
    Sounds interesting. I assume players are in charge of one or several vessels in that fleet?

5. DrakeWolf

DrakeWolf ddddd

Species:
    WolfDragon
    Credits:
    Yes. It's more like a naval fleet with few ground strikes since they need to strike fast and get out fast.

6. Maroo

Maroo dddd

Species:
    brown bear
    Credits:
    i figured. For that a sluggish carrier might be a difficult ship to include. Plus i am missing mediun to heavy firepower along the lines of cruisers and battleships.

7. DrakeWolf

DrakeWolf ddddd

Species:
    WolfDragon
    Credits:
    Well it's not yet final and the carrier stays off always so fighters and bombers can go in.

8. Maroo

Maroo dddd

Species:
    brown bear
    Credits:
    still the carrier would have to be somewhat nearby to deploy the fighters and bombers which will hardly be FTL-capable

9. DrakeWolf

DrakeWolf ddddd

Species:
    WolfDragon
    Credits:
    Even if the fighters themselves have FTL travel?

10. Maroo

Maroo dddd

Species:
    brown bear
    Credits:
    frankly i wouldn't have them be capable of that. Takes up too much room which could be better used with say guns or bigger propulsion. TIE-Fighters for example were not ftl-capable either.for rebel fighters that capability was more of a plot device to let luke fly places in his x-wing.

11. DrakeWolf

DrakeWolf ddddd

Species:
    WolfDragon
    Credits:
    Alright. Any thoughts on the type of carrier then?

12. Maroo

Maroo dddd

Species:
    brown bear
    Credits:
    Frankly I would drop the carrier entirely. If your battlegroup needs to be quick I would go with the following:

Force 1:
    1Battleship as flagship and with hangars for 2-4 wings of fighters for defense along with a squadron of 2-3 destroyers to support it.
    Force 2:
    1Battlecruiser dedicated to protecting two flight-deck cruisers which in turn are cruiser- sized ships dedicated to carrying small craft such as bombers while the battlecruiser again has a few wings of fighters.
    Force 3:
    This is essentially the fast attack section comprised of a cruiser and a number of frigates
    And finally the support group with a small number of vessels that amongst other things carry repair facilities and vast hydroponics bays to minimize the drain on supplies.

13. DrakeWolf

DrakeWolf ddddd

Species:
    WolfDragon
    Credits:
    That sounds better. Think I should put that in the post so people can keep track on what's in the group?

14. Maroo

Maroo dddd

Species:
    brown bear
    Credits:
    Well i could design some of those ships if you wish to have a basic idea of their capabilities. Will have to wait till i get off work and have slept a bit though.i think i at some point gave you access to a pdf called warships. Right?

15. DrakeWolf

DrakeWolf ddddd

Species:
    WolfDragon
    Credits:
    Think so. Though my mind is thinking of the different rebel ships from Star Wars.

16. DrakeWolf

DrakeWolf ddddd

Species:
    WolfDragon
    Credits:
  17. Maroo

Maroo dddd

Species:
    brown bear
    Credits:
    I figured. Good thing is that you can use that file to create a HUGE variety of ships. And i kinda like using it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.