Cats 2019

Cassie

6 April 2018
California
Species
Sabertooth tiger
Relationship status
Single as a pringle
I’ve seen the broadway musical and it was really good, so personally I’m really excited for this.

Skytech

4 October 2016
Species
Vulpan
Am I missing something? What's so disturbing and, as some have said, 'scary'? Too realistic?

When I saw this trailer, I said YES! This is what I hoped for since I first experienced the stage play three decades ago. The costuming is fantastic as well as the cat POV sets. I can't wait for December. Songs sound great and the dance moves are on par.

This seems like a good forum to explain what is so bad about it.

3 October 2016
Species
Bovine
I really don't get the hate on this. Did haters seen the original broadway musical? Yes, there's difference between costumes and cgi but it's still mix between humans and anthros, same thing. I will watch it day one.

3 October 2016
Pennsylvania
Species
WolfDragon
Relationship status
Single
From what I saw, the CGI to me didn’t look right and can easily tell they must’ve used green suits and animated if all. And just didn’t sit right with me some reason.

Cassie

6 April 2018
California
Species
Sabertooth tiger
Relationship status
Single as a pringle
I’ve seen behind the scenes footage, they used mo-cap not green suits

Skytech

4 October 2016
Species
Vulpan
Well, it's over for now. CATS is out of the theaters. Because of work scheduling, I didn't get a chance to see it on the big screen. I'm sure the haters who never saw more than the trailers when making their opinions are quite satisfied it didn't do well. Forget the fact it came out at Christmas time at the same time as Star Wars final movie.

I'm hoping it comes to video very soon. I really want to see it. I think it will do well on video as the audience who like the genre (I'm looking at you, furs!) should be more willing to take a chance at home if not in the theater. Often niche films do better on the home market. Let's see.

Skytech

4 October 2016
Species
Vulpan
Was checking to see what movies are out and what ones are coming soon on the Amazon site. CATS is listed for pre-purchase. That makes it real soon. I'm hoping March.

23 July 2019
Where my feet take me
Species
Indeterminable
Relationship status
Unspoken
Was checking to see what movies are out and what ones are coming soon on the Amazon site. CATS is listed for pre-purchase. That makes it real soon. I'm hoping March.
I don't have strong expectations for the movie. The CGI isn't well done - and when it is done it's a sort of uncanny valley thing. Fun fact though! In it's original theater release they left in a visible human hand, so they pulled it from theaters fixed the error and rereleased it.

Skytech

4 October 2016
Species
Vulpan
This reminds me when Star Wars came out and everyone was disparaging it. I originally didn't want to see it thinking it had to be that bad only seeing it because someone told me they would pay my ticket many months later. I had a very bad opinion of movies reviews after that. I've seen many, many movies that got bad raps and loved them unable to comprehend their criticism while shaking my head at movies that are praised no end. So far the trailers have my attention and many of the criticisms seem petty at best and bizarre at worst especially the anthropomorphic character haters.

I shall wait, buy and make my personal decision.

23 July 2019
Where my feet take me
Species
Indeterminable
Relationship status
Unspoken
This reminds me when Star Wars came out and everyone was disparaging it. I originally didn't want to see it thinking it had to be that bad only seeing it because someone told me they would pay my ticket many months later. I had a very bad opinion of movies reviews after that. I've seen many, many movies that got bad raps and loved them unable to comprehend their criticism while shaking my head at movies that are praised no end. So far the trailers have my attention and many of the criticisms seem petty at best and bizarre at worst especially the anthropomorphic character haters.

I shall wait, buy and make my personal decision.
A solid idea. But! It is the trailers that make me hesitant, not the negative attention.