1. Guest, due to an issue with the agelock we had to redo the whole system, if you did not get your access yet, please wait up to an hour to receive it, if you haven't still gotten it afterwards, please PM dopy.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Using yahoo mail? Some of you have been flagging us as spam, hence mails sent to a yahoo email account will no longer be delivered for an undisclosed time. Please consider using a different email host if you really need those emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Christmas plans!

Sapphire Dec 14, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sapphire

Sapphire dddddd

Species:
    Vulpine
    Credits:
    So, what is everyone doing for Christmas?

I am having dinner with my mother before we join the rest of the family at my sister's house for opening presents, party games, and perhaps some Christmas TV shows. Everyone in the family will be there all day. Just hope there will be no arguments; those tend to occur with family crammed together in one place. ^_^;

2. Aloneness

Aloneness Member

Species:
    Wolf
    Credits:
    I don't really have any plans, just watch anime snuggle up in blankets drink hot cocoa and maybe skype with some friends.

3. nibbler125

nibbler125 New Member

Species:
    Raccoon
    Credits:
    Going to my Uncles house where I will be drinking heavily to drown out the sounds of my grandpas barking dogs and cousins kids running around screaming.

4. Aloneness

Aloneness Member

Species:
    Wolf
    Credits:
    I feel yer pain I just bought 3L of vodka ... but mines more for making mixed drinks cause I'm a stereotypical gay guy who like fruit drinks XD

5. Devil

Devil New Member

Species:
    Coyote
    Credits:
    Probably just going sit and relax, drink some coffee, and maybe play a few video games.

6. Keinai

Keinai Member

Species:
    Wolf
    Credits:
    Since Christmas and Hanukkah fall on the same day, I'm going to spend the morning eating Christmas brunch with my maternal relatives and the evening making latkes and watching X-Files.

7. essence

essence Well-Known Member

Species:
    Leopard
    Credits:
    We are doing a pod Christmas a Tuesday or Wednesday before the actual day due to work schedules, then a family thing with the boyfriend's family, then another family thing the day after Christmas with one of the other girls' family. ^.^

8. Skytech

Skytech Active Member

Species:
    Vulpan
    Credits:
    The joys of an On Call job means I have no idea. The holiday falls on a Sunday and that's the first day of each new work week. We don't see the weekly work schedule posted until Saturday. I think someone mentioned the store might close at noon. Sad thing means I'll lose pay for hours not worked. If it is noon, I'll go home, change clothes and spend the afternoon and evening with my sister's family to exchange presents and a dinner. I actually make enough money finally to buy gifts this year!

9. Aloneness

Aloneness Member

Species:
    Wolf
    Credits:
    Apparently my parental unites are coming over and bringing the dogs so woot I get to see my puppersnupps :D

10. The_Stray

The_Stray Member

Species:
    Twin-Tailed Demon Fox/Wolf Hybrid
    Credits:
    Waking up early to watch the young ones open presents, then the rest of the day will be spent making christmas dinner.

11. Thal

Thal dddd

Species:
    Lion
    Credits:
    Get my first hangover. :>

:>
    maybe

12. Skytech

Skytech Active Member

Species:
    Vulpan
    Credits:
    Found out the store is closing on Christmas so that cinches a day at my sister's place. Problem may be, as far as I know, we don't get paid holidays so I may lose a lot of a money I could need to live on. I'll see at the end of that week.

13. Wolf Bain Skyhunter

Wolf Bain Skyhunter ddddd

Species:
    Wolf
    Credits:
    Gonna be working unfortunately. But will be having two Christmas gatherings before hand so all is well

14. Sapphire

Sapphire dddddd

Species:
    Vulpine
    Credits:
    Really? You have kids? Are you married as well?

15. The_Stray

The_Stray Member

Species:
    Twin-Tailed Demon Fox/Wolf Hybrid
    Credits:
    Nieces and Nephews. I actually have no desire to have kids of my own, and I am to socially awkward to maintain any relationship I have had so no marriage either.

16. Sapphire

Sapphire dddddd

Species:
    Vulpine
    Credits:
    Ah, I see. Though don't sell yourself so short. You could find someone who would be happy to be with you. You're still young, after all. :smile:

essence and The_Stray like this.
  17. Tom

Tom dddd

Species:
    Dragon
    Credits:
    Hmmm Chrimbo Plans... *Scratches Chin in thought*

Well, I'm spending Christmas Day with my mum. Then I'm getting stuck with my Dad and his side of the family for the evening and Christmas dinner... Say what you like about the grizzly old bastard, he can cook fairly well, I guess *Shrugs*

Then on New Year's Eve, I'll be drinking and making merry back with my mum and her boyfriend as I have done for the last two years in a row. See if I can finally give myself a hangover *Chuckles*

Sapphire and essence like this.
  18. Skytech

Skytech Active Member

Species:
    Vulpan
    Credits:
    On a similar note, I will be celebrating my holiday on Wednesday for the winter solstice. I'm a naturalist and it has nothing to do with religion. It's about the natural world. The winter solstice has significance to me as a time of hope. It marks the time the world reaches it's worst, darkest and coldest, then you understand things will be better as the world sees the light and warmth return heralding better times. It give hope for people to carrying on and see things get better. It's a good time to celebrate and be of good cheer with everyone and show your best when the world around is so hostile.

I use decorations that are familiar yet are more reminiscent of earlier meaning. My evergreen is covered in rural and natural ornaments and things of cheer. My gifts are a show of I've done well and can treat myself at the end of another cycle. It's almost like another thanksgiving.

A very merry and prosperous new year on this upcoming Solstice. Things will get better.

essence and The_Stray like this.
  19. Skytech

Skytech Active Member

Species:
    Vulpan
    Credits:
    Opened my presents Wednesday before going to work. Yay! The second recent Turtles movie, the Shadowrun critter sourcebook Howling Shadows and Mystery Science Theater XXX! Book went to work with me to read during break. Hmm, how to create drake player characters.

20. Sierra

Sierra Member

Species:
    Tigerwolf
    Credits:
    Well. My Christmas is going to be spent at home. Probably working throughout the rest of the month.

Such fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.