grey muzzles?

23 January 2020
uk
Species
wolf
Relationship status
Married
I have a few grey muzzle friends on the furryrphaven some older than me with kids too

Skytech

4 October 2016
Species
Vulpan
Hey, the greymuzzles created the fandom before the recent crop of furs were born! How many here were alive in the 80s or 90s?

Personally, I'll be hitting the big 66 next week. My official participation in the world of furry was early 80s (that's when I learn the world 'furry' and 'fandom') which made me realize I was doing furry stuff back in the 50s and 60s.

Believe me, go to a con or look around online and we're all over the place.

By the way, I never grew up. So there!

23 January 2020
uk
Species
wolf
Relationship status
Married
such an awesome symmetrical age , now I am 46 it is annoying . 45 was better being half a decade away from half a century. Bet you are looking forward to being 69 , a whole year of smutty innuendos. Long live Sabrina online and Kevin and Kell .
I am at the being an adult bit while I have smallish kids but am looking forward to following Mum into my second childhood

Maroo

FP's resident brown bear since 2010
4 October 2016
Species
brown bear
Relationship status
mated
[...] How many here were alive in the 80s or 90s?

[...]
I was. As for greymuzzle, I am developing a few grey patches here and there, but am not THAT old yet. Just approaching 40. In terms of experience, however, I feel a lot older most of the time - especially when i find myself shaking my head at the folly of the youth..

Skytech

4 October 2016
Species
Vulpan
When I experience the antics of younger people, I remember and remind myself what I did at those ages and realize and tend to forgive.... to a point. You do something really stupid or dangerous, you need to pay the consequences no matter your age.

When I was young(er), I wondered what it would be like to be old. Now that I'm older, it's not what we see stereotyped as snow-topped, decrepit and burned out just sitting around useless. I'm a little slower and can no longer lift a those hundred pound sacks in one hand. I still enjoy things I enjoyed as a kid and teen including furry stuff. I amaze people that I'm still physically and mentally fit that they often get my age wrong by a lot. I'd say we live in a current world where it's not so bad to get older in.

I hope when my time comes, some will say "He was how old?! Wow, I thought he was much younger.".

23 January 2020
uk
Species
wolf
Relationship status
Married
I remember my late teens and early twenties were pretty tough and I feel for the furs going through hard times , that said sometimes I do want to shake them and tell em to get on out there and grab a bit of life for themselves.

Skytech

4 October 2016
Species
Vulpan
I think after Twenty-something. The old rule from the 60s was "Don't trust anyone over 30!". Groovy, works for me.

3 December 2016
Species
Black Liger
As discussed above, I think it really depends on what defines a grey-muzzle.
If we're talking about people reaching a certain age, I think it'd help to have a certain age listed... since I know people that draw the line at 60, 50, 40, and even 30 above. If 30 then that's my age now, so I'd unknowingly become one of you!

If we're talking grey hair.... well I've been getting them since my early 20's, so....

Also interesting to hear the "Momma papa" comment, since I saw a conversation a few months back that argued grey-muzzles had to be grandparents, or whether having children 18+ also qualified. Unsurprisingly the conversation ended with people asking everyone to calm down, and that grey-muzzle meant different things to different people.... which personally I feel is very unhelpful.

As for feeling old? Or feeling young. I don't think that matters. I've been complaining about the young'uns since I was seven years old. Haughtily making remarks about how immature and senseless the kids in the grade below me were.