“Jellystone” to revive Hanna-Barbera characters...

Fyrefox

18 October 2019
Pennsylvania, USA
foxsylvania.blog
Species
red fox
Relationship status
In a relationship
In late July HBO Max through Warner Bros. Animation will begin streaming Jellystone, a revival of Hanna-Barbera cartoon characters including some that haven’t been seen on television in 30 years. Jellystone in the new series is not a park but rather a town where these characters live, work, and play, interacting with and causing difficulties to one another. Huckleberry Hound is the town mayor, whereas Yogi Bear, Boo-Boo, and Cindy Bear run a medical practice. Jabberjaw works in Magilla Gorilla’s clothing store where the hats and ties worn by the cartoon characters are made. The animation style is unfortunately not in the Hanna-Barbera tradition...

7DEEA475-6B80-43DF-8ED8-F677FFC3993D.jpeg

Skytech

4 October 2016
Species
Vulpan
Older fans won't recognize it and younger generation don't know the shows. The styling looks like recent cartoons relying in lots of bright, simple color and fast, manic pacing to attract the short attention span generation.

Reactions: Fyrefox

Silver_Alex

4 August 2019
Canada
Species
Wolf
Relationship status
single. it's staying that way.
if it's going to go revive even just 75% of the characters then I'd recognize a few. I liked to watch all the old cartoons my mother and grandparents had/have on VHS. ... ... I miss some of those things...

Skytech

4 October 2016
Species
Vulpan
I still remember at three years old watching The Ruff and Ready and The Huckleberry Hound show when they originally appeared (yes, THAT old). BIG fan of H-B until the day they forever stopped production.