Moving into 2021

Ice_Spectre

3 March 2020
The Netherlands
Species
Snow Leopard (Sona), Many other species for rp
Relationship status
Taken
Well, 2020 is nearly over. For some this year has been worse than others but we can all agree that the world has been effected with the events of the pandemic. Working from home, redundancies, loss, relationships, video calls, online shopping and more.
But as we move forward in 2021, we should remember that we have made it another year and are still standing regardless of the trials thrown at us.
Looking forward, does anyone have an resolutions they would like to hit in this new year? What changes would you like to see either in your personal life or worldwide?
Personally, I'm aiming to get working so that I can continue to integrate into my new home country and in turn have some professional Dutch lessons to help me. I'm hoping this year we can start to see humanity fighting back against the coronavirus. Even if we can make a dent it would be worth it.
Please share in the comments your hopes and desires, remember to be respectful to others and we need to celebrate differences in our society instead of putting them down.
May 2021 be your year x

Skytech

4 October 2016
Species
Vulpan
My resolution is to finally hit that big lottery thereby solving most problems in my life. Should have been retired over a year ago instead of relying on a low wage job in a high cost of living world to survive.

More than anything else, I resolve to keep my chin and spirits up knowing things will get better. I've been around long enough to make it through decades of Bad Times and can still smile so I can do it again.

Ice_Spectre

3 March 2020
The Netherlands
Species
Relationship status
Taken
My resolution is to finally hit that big lottery thereby solving most problems in my life. Should have been retired over a year ago instead of relying on a low wage job in a high cost of living world to survive.

More than anything else, I resolve to keep my chin and spirits up knowing things will get better. I've been around long enough to make it through decades of Bad Times and can still smile so I can do it again.
Money is the root of everything, I wish you luck in getting that big win :).

That's a great outlook to have as well, shows how much inner strength you have and that you can keep going. Have a happy new year!

Raph-mutt

In gay baby jail
10 January 2017
Washington
iraph-studios.com
Species
White wolf/jackal
My resolution is pretty simple tbh lmao I'm just gonna continue workin, continue buildin, and keep movin~ 2020 has easily been one of the hardest years of my life, hands down, but I've remained positive and hopeful through it~ We got through this year, and I'm optimistic about 2021~ I'll be taking every opportunity I can to make 2021 a better year than the last :3

Ice_Spectre

3 March 2020
The Netherlands
Species
Relationship status
Taken
My resolution is pretty simple tbh lmao I'm just gonna continue workin, continue buildin, and keep movin~ 2020 has easily been one of the hardest years of my life, hands down, but I've remained positive and hopeful through it~ We got through this year, and I'm optimistic about 2021~ I'll be taking every opportunity I can to make 2021 a better year than the last :3
Sometimes keeping it simple is the best way to go. So long as you're moving forward then its a step in the right direction :). I'm sorry to hear that 2020 was really difficult for you though sounds like you are ready to tackle the future now. Happy New Year to you and good luck!

Rakiya

3 December 2016
Species
Black Liger
I'm a bit conflicted when it comes to 2020.
On one hand I'm annoyed at people who keep saying 2020 was a hard year for 'everyone'... since it was actually a pretty good year for me personally. But then on the other hand I'd be stupid if I denied that it was indeed a hard year for a lot of people out there. Best wishes to everyone out there, and hopefully 2021 will be less chaotic for 'everyone' XD

Don't really have any goals or resolutions... since I'm both a practical and impatient person... and if I set myself a goal I'm the type of person who needs to see daily (or at the very least weekly) progress towards whatever I'm aiming for.
While not a personal goal, if I were allowed to make a wish... I'd wish for the weather to calm down. I feel like the weather and natural disasters get worse each year. And considering the current state of the world, a badly placed earthquake, tsunami, hurricane is the last thing we need. Also wouldn't mind if summers stopped being so hot... and rain would come moderately, and in places it's most needed.

Ice_Spectre

3 March 2020
The Netherlands
Species
Relationship status
Taken
I'm a bit conflicted when it comes to 2020.
On one hand I'm annoyed at people who keep saying 2020 was a hard year for 'everyone'... since it was actually a pretty good year for me personally. But then on the other hand I'd be stupid if I denied that it was indeed a hard year for a lot of people out there. Best wishes to everyone out there, and hopefully 2021 will be less chaotic for 'everyone' XD

Don't really have any goals or resolutions... since I'm both a practical and impatient person... and if I set myself a goal I'm the type of person who needs to see daily (or at the very least weekly) progress towards whatever I'm aiming for.
While not a personal goal, if I were allowed to make a wish... I'd wish for the weather to calm down. I feel like the weather and natural disasters get worse each year. And considering the current state of the world, a badly placed earthquake, tsunami, hurricane is the last thing we need. Also wouldn't mind if summers stopped being so hot... and rain would come moderately, and in places it's most needed.
I know I said that as a generalization as I don't think anyone I've met had an all round decent year, the fact you did though is great :D. Heh here's hoping.

Everyone's different in that respect, I know some say if you want to do something don't have it as a resolution and just do it anyway.
Regarding the weather, it does seem to get more extreme. Neither one way or the other but the very scale of it has jumped, constantly breaking records every time such an event or disaster happen. It can be underestimated how weather affects people, so wishing that it would calm and help benefit those in need is a selfless wish. Happy New Year to you :)