Cooking Orange choc cookies

Ice_Spectre

3 March 2020
The Netherlands
Species
Snow Leopard (Sona), Many other species for rp
Relationship status
Taken
I find this recipe perfect for this time of year and fills the home with amazing scents. It is based on Nigella Lawson's Totally Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies, but I adjusted it to my preference and made these for a friend as a gift. It got thumbs up from her and her family.

(The original recipe states it can make 12 although you can get more out of them)

180g flour

1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda

½ teaspoon of salt

135g of soft butter (preferably unsalted)

75g light brown sugar (such as Demerara)

50g white sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 egg (apparently having it cold helps)

250g of dark choc chips (can add more or less depending on preference but no more than 400g)

½ a clementine or orange (or full one for more intense flavour)

• Preheat the oven to 170 degrees/ gas mark 3. Add flour, bicarb and the salt into one bowl.
  • In a separate bowl, cream the sugars and butter together
  • Then into the creamed mixture add the cold egg and the vanilla extract
  • Mix together the two bowls before adding the zest and juice of the clementine or orange (I used half although you can adjust it to your preferred strength of flavour)
  • Add in the chocolate chips till the mixture looked to a desired preference
  • Scoop out small blobs (roughly double the size of a ping pong ball) onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment (the blob size shouldn’t be too big as they expand a lot during cooking)
  • Place inside the oven and leave for 18 minutes. Pierce 1 with a cake tester or fork. If any mixture sticks to it, they aren’t ready. If you pierce a chocolate chip, try again)
  • Remove and place on a rack to cool for 5 minutes. Usually if they’re not used for immediate consumption, place into a fridge, they keep for a while)