Pokemon sword and shield

24 November 2016
New york
Species
Fox
So just got the new Pokemon game at themidnight release 2 hours and thirty minutes ago, and I'm already in love with it. From the graphics to just the pokemon walking around I didn't get far but all the pokemon I can see just give me this amazing feeling can't wait to keep playing it. Anyone else playing and enjoying it?

24 November 2016
New york
Species
Fox
The titles for these aren't to bad, I more so think that Nintendo just wants their titles to be more symbolic to the games now instead of just a color or gemstone.

Maroo

FP's resident brown bear since 2010
4 October 2016
Species
brown bear
Relationship status
mated
Mhm.. from what I have heard so far they flat-out lied about all new models and animation. Probably just cut half the content to offer it as dlc for Christmas or sometime down the line.
That aside I am not a fan of yearly releases or ''Edition'' oriented games to begin with. I think they are an excuse for developers to get lazy and release essentially the same thing every year with only minor tweaks.

16 October 2019
Oklahoma, United States
Species
Spotted Hyena
Relationship status
Single (not seeking; emotional issues)
I'm so far out of touch with the Pokémon games anymore (not including ancient ones, which I still play) that I'm oblivious, but not surprised given the track record of every other major game devs anymore, of these rumors. That said, Sword and Shield I can give a pass name-wise from what DarkFox said. Although, we (or I) can't ignore such titles as X and Y, or X 2 and Y 2. Not even a color, a letter, and their sequels just having a number slapped after them. I get there only being so many colors and gems and whatnot, but how many games do there need to be for it to get to that point? It's like Final Fantasy.

But! Back to topic, I'm glad DarkFox is enjoying the game. Personally have not played anything past gen III, besides SoulSilver. But I'm very interested in trying the new games, mostly Eevee. Just need a Switch.

Maroo

FP's resident brown bear since 2010
4 October 2016
Species
brown bear
Relationship status
mated
It's like Final Fantasy.
I only played FF 7 through 10 (and very much prefer the story of 7). The later releases I am not really invested in - and Pokemon (and similar things) doesn't interest me either. When that came up I had just outgrown the age-range of those it was directed at.

Rain

Horsie Admin
Supporter
1 October 2016
Ohio
www.furaffinity.net
Species
Equine
Relationship status
Mated
I just got Shield an hour ago. When I get off work, I may play it some this weekend. (If anyone wants my Switch friend code, let me know) I can report back once I play some of it.

Rain

Horsie Admin
Supporter
1 October 2016
Ohio
www.furaffinity.net
Species
Equine
Relationship status
Mated
Update. I love this game. It is my first real Pokémon game since the first one I got for 3DS (I forget the title). It is taking me some time to get used to the new Pokémon (a floating ice cream cone? Seriously? XD.). But none the less, since 3DS, this is the next good (classic) Pokémon game I love playing.

Personal note: I tried Pokémon Go and Let's Go Eevee, and got bored very fast. XD. This game is MUCH better to me than those two.

16 October 2019
Oklahoma, United States
Species
Spotted Hyena
Relationship status
Single (not seeking; emotional issues)
I feel like Pokémon designs were simpler back then. Although I agree, every generation has its dumb designs. But I feel the amount of crappy Pokémon designs has gotten exponentially more frequent, to the point there's only a few super notable Pokémon with each new generation. It doesn't help there's like 800 or so now, so bland and/or overdetailed designs get even further pushed into irrelevance.

Freaking ice cream though. And literal garbage. And keys. KEYS.

26 January 2020
Scotland
Species
Panda
Relationship status
Polyamorous, asexual, Aromantic
Its straight up my favourite Pokemon game and I been playing since Red. I love the art and new gameplay mechanics and the camp/cooking system is so fun.
I really love that it's set in the UK so I know what sort of Pokemon I would actually have.
Snom is an actual god and we must protect himb

I'm really happy that it's the game to introduce @Parodius to pokemon as shes been wanting to play for years so we got the Sword and Shield double pack. It's amazing seeing her favourites without having preferences from previous games.

I'm still desperate to get a gigantimax Gengar as hes my boy.