Rare games you own

• Using yahoo mail? Some of you have been flagging us as spam, hence mails sent to a yahoo email account will no longer be delivered for an undisclosed time. Please consider using a different email host if you really need those emails.

Dazz

3 October 2016
Roermond, The Netherlands
Species
Swiss Shepherd/Maned Wolf mix
What are some rare and valuable games that you own? Share here!

I got 3D Dot Game Heroes today, paid 30 euro for it (Used), it was still 50 euro new (sealed). I've been going to game cons for a year now, and I have never seen this game anywhere. I've seen some forums mentioning the rarity and that it'll probably be worth quite a bit of money a couple of years from now. No way I'm selling it, I love the game too much.

Also, Final Fantasy VII with the Final Fantasy VIII demo disk... I've only seen this on the cons twice, the seller said he had to lay down quite a bit of money for it (around 200 I think he said), but the forums don't really say anything about how rare it is.

I've only been buying the Collector's Editions of new games that I like. Since I don't buy a whole lot of games anymore, I can spare a bit more when I do want one. Of course, the games I buy during sales or price cuts, I do wish I bought the collector's edition...
I did reserve (not pre-order. I ordered it, but I pay after I get it) the Fallout 76 Power Armor Edition. It'll go great with my Fallout 4 Pip Boy! I do like to think that over the years these will also increase in value, but that's not why I buy them. I buy them because I want to display them because I love the games they represent. And since I love Zelda a lot, I got all three collector's Editions 3DS', the Skyward Sword WII remote, and much more... I LOVE Collector's Editions, they cost a buttload of money but it's worth it.

Walking past the stands at these cons.. you'll find some very rare games and consoles, and priced accordingly. One guy had a Nintendo Virtual Boy, in mint condition in it's original package, holy crap.
Also the amazing consoles that Philips made, the Videopac G7000, with all the games for it. Shame they never continued making consoles.
I've seen Golden Zelda cartridges for the NES, going for around 200 euro, and that's without the box.

The next con is in August, really wondering what I'll see next... perhaps a copy of Big Mutha Truckers for the PS2.

20 April 2018
tygriss.sofurry.com
Species
Tiger anthro
I have Shenmue V for the PS2 which was among the top ten rare ps2 games and Digimon Rumble Arena 2.

As for psone, not sure. I have quite a collection but never looked into it.

SashaLang

27 November 2017
Kansas
Species
Wolfen
I used to have Need For Speed: Carbon for the PS2 until it was stolen. Really cool game where you could freeroam into different police 'heat' zones of the city.

Ruga_Qwarrcall

4 October 2016
The Scarred Wasteland
Species
Dragon
Also picked up 3D Dot Game Heroes. Love it, but can't play it since my ps3 is borked...

I have Mister Mosquito for the PS2...a really weird game, but amusing and kinda fun.

AVP: Extinction also on PS2 might count... It was a pain the tail to find a copy for when I lost my original... Was easily one of the first games I could call a favorite; even if it is complete garbage compared to other RTS titles...

But besides that, I have no idea what might qualify as a 'rare game.' I don't doubt that I own other rare titles, but I have no idea how to check a game's rarity. XwX

Dazz

3 October 2016
Roermond, The Netherlands
Species
Swiss Shepherd/Maned Wolf mix
My mom found a rare find at a garage sale, the Sega MEGA DRIVE in okay condition, + 2 controllers, and 36 games with original package. For 30 euro. I see some of these games go for around 100 at the con, and that's without the package. So yeah, making a small fortune here.
I also got a PS1 carrier bag which is still in it's package, mint condition. Got it from a used products site for.... well, very very cheap. .

Alenicia

~ Gold Edition Delight ~
3 October 2016
Wisconsin
Species
Dragon
I have Battle Dodgeball 3 for the PSP, which was only obtainable through a special edition of Great Heroes: Fullblast .. if I recall.
I think it's probably one of the rarest and most obscure games you can find for the PSP, especially because it comes from such a tiny niche .. and that almost no one would know what it was if they weren't fans of the represented franchises. >_<

20 April 2018
tygriss.sofurry.com
Species
Tiger anthro
I have Battle Dodgeball 3 for the PSP, which was only obtainable through a special edition of Great Heroes: Fullblast .. if I recall.
I think it's probably one of the rarest and most obscure games you can find for the PSP, especially because it comes from such a tiny niche .. and that almost no one would know what it was if they weren't fans of the represented franchises. >_<
You have a PsP too huh? Neat! ^.^
What games did you enjoy the most on it? I loved the Jack and Dexter game that came out for it, oh and Gods Eater was awesome! There was also Powestone collection and Dragonball Tag Team. There were that many I enjoyed and still have games I mean to come back and finish heh.

Alenicia

~ Gold Edition Delight ~
3 October 2016
Wisconsin
Species
Dragon
I don't have a PSP .. but I have a PlayStation Vita that is hacked up a bit (currently with h-encore on Firmware 3.68) .. and is capable of running Adrenaline which lets me play just about every PSP game/homebrew out there because it's technically the PSP's firmware 6.61 with a CFW. :smile:

But otherwise .. I just have that game on me .. and not much others. >_<

I also really liked "Work Time Fun" because it's such a ridiculous game .. and I haven't played very much with it because I literally just got around to finally sitting down to play more PSP games. :smile:

Otherwise I've been playing R-Type Tactics II .. which was never released in the west as well.

20 April 2018
tygriss.sofurry.com
Species
Tiger anthro
Heh sounds good. ^.^

One I had that was pretty rare in the PSone was another hidden gem called Tai Fu: Wrath of the Tiger which was also the early form of Kung Fu Panda...god I hate that animation and wish Po hadn't being made the main cast.

The basis of the game is you are the last of your tiger clan. You are rescued and live with a clan of pandas and then set out looking for revenge and answers against the dragon who wiped them out. On your way you learn from a master leopard, monkey, mantis, crane and your own clans arts. The master Mantis is even called Si Fu which was the master's name in Kung Fu Panda.

10 October 2016
Between Reality and Fantasy
Species
Hybrid
Still have all my original NES games, most of my PSOne as well. Probably the rarest game is a PS 1 game called 'Breath of Fire 3' I have had a few people try to give me lots of money for it. Never will part with it, now just need a PS 2 to be able to play it again.