1. Guest, due to an issue with the agelock we had to redo the whole system, if you did not get your access yet, please wait up to an hour to receive it, if you haven't still gotten it afterwards, please PM dopy.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Using yahoo mail? Some of you have been flagging us as spam, hence mails sent to a yahoo email account will no longer be delivered for an undisclosed time. Please consider using a different email host if you really need those emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Religion?

Marc Dec 4, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marc

Marc dddd

Species:
    Tiger
    Credits:
    Religious intolerance will not be tolerated. If I see an instance of this, the offending party will be asked to leave. Also preaching will also not be allowed. Just no. This is more or less meant to be a census of the members.

I was curious about the spiritual bends of the forum and seeing how the last one had such a topic, I'd like to create one.

I personally follow the left-hand path, myself. Being free to do what you desire (within reason) is a very good basis for my own faith, as personally, I like doing things that I can deem moral, without the help of a god. Terms like "dark pagan," "Thelemite" and "Setian" can apply to me fairly easily.

Edit: Though, nowadays, I'm fairly atheistic. If anything, I tend to look at things from more or less a rational perspective and pragmatically thinking, a belief in god imo, is not very useful at all. If anything, I would simply follow the Eleven Satanic Rules and Nine Satanic Sins, to a point, since it's more or less a code I do agree with.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  2. Nitox

Nitox Member

Species:
    Otter
    Credits:
    i just abandoned my religion cause i thought it was full of bullshit, and things i enjoyed doing were seen as "bad"

3. Keinai

Keinai Member

Species:
    Wolf
    Credits:
    I choose not to follow any religion, but that doesn't make me atheist.

I don't accept or deny the existence of a spiritual higher power, I just accept what I can see and feel.

Nitox likes this.
  4. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Member

Credits:
    I like religion for the feel of unity it gives. And I like it for giving the purpose to live and death.

5. Tom

Tom dddd

Species:
    Dragon
    Credits:
    I believe that makes you "Agnostic" then.

As for myself, I'm What I like to call "Quasi-Asatru", meaning I believe in the ideals and the nine Noble virtues of Asatru (Norse Paganism) but I'm undecided on the gods themselves. I'd like to think they exist, but if they do, they have yet to tell me so.

Don't get me wrong, though; I'm all for science and all that jazz, too. Just hopeful that there is something more to it than just numbers and elements; Hopeful that there are higher powers, and hopeful that they are Odin, Thor, Tyr and Loki.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  6. Ace Glide

Ace Glide Member

Species:
    Snow_Leopard
    Credits:
    I consider myself a Christian but there are some who would say I'm not just because of how I try to relate my area of study/ sciences to what I believe.
    In the end I mainly just try to keep good morals about things.

7. ZeroW0lf

ZeroW0lf Member

Species:
    Wolf
    Credits:
  8. KameronEX

KameronEX Active Member

Species:
    Fluffy Dragon
    Credits:
    I'm an atheist. Probably becasue the religion my parents tried to indoctrinate me to (Christianity) doesn't really like LGBTQ. This isn't my only reason for leaving religion but other ones would probably offend all of you so I won't talk about them.

9. Sapphire

Sapphire dddddd

Species:
    Vulpine
    Credits:
    Really? Is that a big problem where you live?

10. KameronEX

KameronEX Active Member

Species:
    Fluffy Dragon
    Credits:
    I'm from a slavic country. You know what they and russia do to you for spreading "propaganda". It's same with religious people here.

11. Sapphire

Sapphire dddddd

Species:
    Vulpine
    Credits:
    I know the situation in Russia is pretty bad, I watched a documentary on the Orthodox Church there raiding LGBT meetings and beating gay people, even murdering them, and other crimes against them. I have no idea of the situation in other countries on that side of the continent, though. And I heard about the imprisonments of Russian citizens for the spread of 'propaganda', yes, but only about as much as that. :/

12. KameronEX

KameronEX Active Member

Species:
    Fluffy Dragon
    Credits:
    It's pretty shitty imo. That's why I'm going to keep this kinda stuff in my privacy pile.

13. Sapphire

Sapphire dddddd

Species:
    Vulpine
    Credits:
    Fair enough. ^_^;

As for myself, I am an atheist, and one of the same vain as Sam Harris or Christopher Hitchens. Used to watch their videos and lectures all the time, but I also watched religious people and listen to their lectures as well. I just found myself in agreement far more with atheists than religious people, so that is the worldview I have adopted. I do hope there is something more after death, though, but I also know there are worse things than non-existence.

14. KameronEX

KameronEX Active Member

Species:
    Fluffy Dragon
    Credits:
    Mehhh life after death? What's the point of that we are probably going to find a way to live forever in the next 50-100 years :P

15. Sapphire

Sapphire dddddd

Species:
    Vulpine
    Credits:
    We could die suddenly. A few people in my family have, quite literally, dropped dead in my lifetime. :/ All extended family, thankfully, but it still gives you pause to imagine the same could happen to you.

If I do live long enough, however, I would certainly make an attempt for immortality. Let's just hope it works as intended, whatever the method would be.

16. KameronEX

KameronEX Active Member

Species:
    Fluffy Dragon
    Credits:
    My neighbour died a month ago. He got a heart attack in the middle of the night. Also one of my friends has cancer for the second time right now and they told him that he will only live for about half a year more. :/

And yes immortality. Next thing is trying to mutate myself and become a dragon! :P

17. Tom

Tom dddd

Species:
    Dragon
    Credits:
    I second that. So long as some crazy immortal lady doesn't cage me up for two hundred years, that is... Eh, Sapphire? ;)

18. Sapphire

Sapphire dddddd

Species:
    Vulpine
    Credits:
    @KameronEX - Or you could build a dragon robot body for yourself, and upload your consciousness onto it, or wire up your brain-in-a-jar to it. ;)

@Tom - Well, as long as I don't become Empress of Europe and possess limitless magical power, you have nothing to worry about. ;)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  19. KameronEX

KameronEX Active Member

Species:
    Fluffy Dragon
    Credits:
    Dragons are freaking awesome imo.

20. Vukasin

Vukasin New Member

Species:
    Griffon
    Credits: