1. Guest, due to an issue with the agelock we had to redo the whole system, if you did not get your access yet, please wait up to an hour to receive it, if you haven't still gotten it afterwards, please PM dopy.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Using yahoo mail? Some of you have been flagging us as spam, hence mails sent to a yahoo email account will no longer be delivered for an undisclosed time. Please consider using a different email host if you really need those emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Requiem for redemption

buzzsaw133 Nov 26, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buzzsaw133

buzzsaw133 Active Member

Species:
    Shapeshifter
    Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Our story begins in the metropolitan port city of Veralis during the Festival of Swords after the martial massacre of most of the elders in the surrounding areas and the wholesale slaughter of their students by the current king. Several students from various schools have survived the attack and found their way to the Drunken Shepherd, an inn well known for catering to wayward souls in need of good friends and even better food. Having had rain for the last four days, this rare day of sun and bright skies has prompted the festival considering it had been postponed for the last two days. The inn is bustling with revelers and partiers all enjoying the brief reprieve of good weather.

The city is built mostly on stilts to avoid the heavy rainy season, with the stilts crafted from jungle timber and stone mined from the quarry to the northeast. Most of the buildings are connected by walkways and massive suspension bridges that carry the weight of the entire city on their chains and ropes.

Aaaaannnnnd... BEGIN!

2. Athear

Athear Active Member

Species:
    angel dragon or fox
    Credits:
    (is this open?)

3. buzzsaw133

buzzsaw133 Active Member

Species:
    Shapeshifter
    Credits:
  4. Alphaleader

Alphaleader Active Member

Species:
    Shape-shifting wolf
    Credits:
    Within the City, various students of the sword test each other in one on one swordsmen ship. No blood is split, but Crowds gather watch as they see the controlled exchange of swords. The Middle of the city held the most flashy of demonstrations as there was a circular stone stage built in the Middle for them to display themselves.

But Lau had no interest in the sword. To fight using mere tools that could break regardless of how fine the metal was, the wolf did not care. He strolled passed the crowd and passed the people here to see the swordsmen. All he cared about doing, was finding the Drunken Shepard.
    Looking at a flimsy piece of torn scroll paper, the wolf followed the directs written down, leading him to the correct street the Inn was on. From here on, there was no telling what was to come next. All he knew was this place had answers for him.

5. Athear

Athear Active Member

Species:
    angel dragon or fox
    Credits:
    Not too long after a battered traveler aproached the inn. Pushing the door open she limped in leaning on her staff heavily.

Alphaleader likes this.
  6. Alphaleader

Species:
    Shape-shifting wolf
    Credits:
    Jau saw the half-dragoness enter the Inn first, the weakness on her face while clinging to her staff did concern him a little. He was quick to move into the inn after seeing her.

"What's this all about?" the Wolf said as he was standing somewhat stationary in the doorway.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  7. buzzsaw133

buzzsaw133 Active Member

Species:
    Shapeshifter
    Credits:
    As the traveler approaches the inn, Lau is close behind, spying the crook and bottle sign outside. The street is bustling and celebratory firecrackers and the sounds of swords clashing bombard the ears of all those nearby. As the two travelers approach the two-story stone and timber building, a lone dwarf sits just outside the inn sits drinking from a flask.

"Wouldn't you be more comfortable inside?" The dwarf stands up and takes a swig from his flask, looking at Lau and watching the half-dragoness navigate the patrons.

Alphaleader likes this.
  8. Alphaleader

Species:
    Shape-shifting wolf
    Credits:
    Looking down, the Wolf takes notice of a humanoid figure before moving to the side. "And who are you? Another patron?" he questioned.

9. Athear

Athear Active Member

Species:
    angel dragon or fox
    Credits:
    The dragonness looked around the tavern for a comfy seat. Hunching over her staff she looked to a large booth. "Is this seat open," the dragoness asked gripping her thigh as she dragged her prothsetic as she hobbled to the booth.

10. buzzsaw133

buzzsaw133 Active Member

Species:
    Shapeshifter
    Credits:
    "No ma'am." One of the patrons stands up and lets her have his seat.
    -
    "I guess you could say that... but I bring my own drink." The dwarf chuckles and takes another swig. After removing the flask from his lips, he looks up and offers the flask to the wolf. "Care for some?"

11. Athear

Athear Active Member

Species:
    angel dragon or fox
    Credits:
    thank you very much its been a long road," she breathed. "you buy your self a drink on me," she said. handing the man some coin. "maybe return to chat."

Then turning to a serving girl she smiled, "and for me your cheapest ale watered down.

12. Alphaleader

Species:
    Shape-shifting wolf
    Credits:
    The wolf had a somewhat normal look on his face, but he was quick to wave his hand when offered a drink. "No. I'm not much of a drinker." Lau replied before giving a sigh. "You enjoy yourself out here. I need to rest." the wolf states before walking in and closing the screen door behind him, the words of the dwarf still with him as he enters and looks about, eager to find a person that worked here.

13. buzzsaw133

buzzsaw133 Active Member

Species:
    Shapeshifter
    Credits:
    "No, but thank you and you can keep the coin, but I also welcome the conversation." The man nods and smiles. "It has been for me as well." He leans against a pillar and sighs, secretly flashing her the martial artist brands on his forearms.
    -
    "Well, you take care of yourself... the city is fraught with perils." He reveals the symbol on the flask, a mark of the drunken boxing school.

Athear and Alphaleader like this.
  14. Athear

Athear Active Member

Species:
    angel dragon or fox
    Credits:
    A a fighting man how impressive, I look forward too seeing your match," she cooed running her fingers over the brands. as she felt his muscles

Alphaleader likes this.
  15. Alphaleader

Species:
    Shape-shifting wolf
    Credits:
    Walking over to the waitress, Lau presents himself in a nice manner before asking her his question. "Tell me. Do you know if the owner to this establishment is here?" he asked.

16. buzzsaw133

buzzsaw133 Active Member

Species:
    Shapeshifter
    Credits:
    "I wish things were that simple." He pulls up a chair just as it empties and leans in close. "If I were you, I wouldn't say those things out loud..."
    -
    "Sure, hun... right over there." She points to the massive brown bear standing at the grill in the kitchen. He is wearing an apron and cracking jokes and laughing jovially as though nothing is wrong at all with anything.

The dwarf from the door steps inside and steps behind the counter, relieving the bartender of duty as he begins waiting on the customers.

Alphaleader likes this.
  17. Athear

Athear Active Member

Species:
    angel dragon or fox
    Credits:
    She smiled and blinked at the man. "why would my words be dangerous," she asked still nursing the cramp in her thigh.

18. Alphaleader

Species:
    Shape-shifting wolf
    Credits:
    Nodding, Lau thanked the female before moving on, his mind set on learning more about this place. But mainly he was eager to get information from the Large cook. He needed to know about the people that imprisoned his Village. He wanted to know the ones responsible for destroying his home.

19. buzzsaw133

buzzsaw133 Active Member

Species:
    Shapeshifter
    Credits:
    (I'm heading to sleep, will keep going tomorrow)

20. BennyJackdaw

BennyJackdaw Member

Species:
    GiantRat
    Credits:
    (Dammit, I watched the thread, but I never got notifications. Sorry for being late. Also, is it alright if Ju Xing knows the bear chef? I find it ironic that they're both bears and both big.)

At that moment, another creature walked into the restaurant, an enormous moon bear from the looks of it. His body had splotches of flour all over the place, which he tracked into the establishment. He then walked up to the counter to place an order, but when he went over, he overheard Lau, Vorel and other people talking about stuff. Apparently, Lau was trying to get information from one of his old colleagues who was working here. He waited for a chance to speak first, as he didn't want to seem flippant and upfront.

Alphaleader likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.