Sleep Paralysis

• Using yahoo mail? Some of you have been flagging us as spam, hence mails sent to a yahoo email account will no longer be delivered for an undisclosed time. Please consider using a different email host if you really need those emails.
23 July 2019
Where my feet take me
Species
Indeterminable
Relationship status
Unspoken
So! Does anyone else suffer from it, or am I just lucky? Thankfully the episodes are infrequent, but combined with chronic night terrors the episodes I do have can be quite intense. Usually it will manifest, besides the obvious of being frozen and unable to move, but auditory hallucinations/dreams. Generally it will sound like something is banging on the walls and windows... rattling at the door.

All of it of course manifests with a sense of dread and/or impending doom. Anyone else who is curious about it can find more information here.

28 November 2018
Species
Spotted Hyena
Relationship status
Single (seeking)
That's terrible, Innominatam. You should seriously see a doctor for this. I can empathize, not that I deal with sleep paralysis myself, but I deal with a ton of stress dreams or nightmares.

23 July 2019
Where my feet take me
Species
Indeterminable
Relationship status
Unspoken
There really isn't much in the options for medical treatment for what I have. I mean its even generally self diagnosed... so there isn't much to do about it. As it stands its just one of those things that you sort of have to deal with.

28 November 2018
Species
Spotted Hyena
Relationship status
Single (seeking)
I wish there was some kind of medical treament like being prescribed something that could help with this. That sucks that this happens to you. I would suggest not sleep at all to fix the issue, but that's a bad solution and not an answer at all to the problem. Bad for health.

23 July 2019
Where my feet take me
Species
Indeterminable
Relationship status
Unspoken
Well thankfully it is not a common occurrence. Just once every so often. Its likely triggered by the fact I probably have sleep apnea as well. Sleep and I? We've never really been good friends. Haha.

28 November 2018
Species
Spotted Hyena
Relationship status
Single (seeking)
Well I'm really sorry to hear, Innominatam. You have my regards. I wish very good luck upon you in the future with these issues.

Blödhgarm

4 October 2016
Aurora, NC
Species
Lycan
Relationship status
In a relationship with Wolflove <3
I've only had a minor case of sleep paralysis one time. I am a lucid dreamer meaning most of the times when I dream, I know I am dreaming and can control my dreams to some extent. One night I basically got into a fight with my brain over who was in control of the dream and my brain decided to kill me in my dream by having someone shoot me in the head and I woke up instantly. It wasn't like one of those slow, gradual waking up moments. I went straight from fully asleep to wide awake, waking up so fast that my body didn't even have time to wake up and I basically laid in bed for a couple of minutes unable to move until my body had caught up with my brain and it had fully woken up as well.

28 November 2018
Species
Spotted Hyena
Relationship status
Single (seeking)
Damn, that's intense stuff. I'm sorry to hear, Xander.

28 November 2018
Species
Spotted Hyena
Relationship status
Single (seeking)
Generally in my dreams, I'm mostly in control of my movements, but I don't control what happens in the dream. They're like stories that play out and I have mostly free range of movement in them, and consciousness tends to vary. Most of the time I'm sort of out of it in the dream, but my brain is still working. For example, I commonly have "chase" dreams of ex's where I see an ex of mine in the dream, but they keep disappearing and I'm chasing after them, usually trying to talk to them or ask them why they're running from me.

Alenicia

~ Gold Edition Delight ~
3 October 2016
Wisconsin
Species
Dragon
I used to experience something like this years ago and due to cultural reasons, it was partially my fault for it happening in the first place due to me giving into the peer pressure for a relative to get something done that I wasn't supposed to get done (specifically the way culture has rules for who can do what and who can't do what when it involves the dead).

Because of it I ended up in a trapped state whenever I went to sleep because all of my dreams from that point onwards involved that funeral home and me being trapped in there and not being able to leave. But I always had a task .. and then the only time I was able to leave was because my mom came through the door and told me we had to go home .. and then I'd snap awake and she'd be yelling at me because I was sleeping for 12+ hours a day until she woke me up. It wasn't until I went to a relative .. when they told me that I was "half-here" because the other half of me was buried and trapped in a casket .. so we got that fixed .. and I was fine for the most part since then.

28 November 2018
Species
Spotted Hyena
Relationship status
Single (seeking)
Jesus. That sounds like some voodoo shit right there. I hope you're okay.