So it happened... again.

• Using yahoo mail? Some of you have been flagging us as spam, hence mails sent to a yahoo email account will no longer be delivered for an undisclosed time. Please consider using a different email host if you really need those emails.

wraith138

3 October 2016
Louisiana
Species
SpottedHyena
Yes, but the us has had 250 school shootings since the year 2000, and the UK has has ZERO school shootings since the year 1996, which was when they started passing more strict gun control. So, we can safely say that yes the evidence supports gun regulations help prevent gun violence.

Hell even Australia hasn't had a mass shooting since 1996, and that was the year their first buyback/ban. Links are in earlier posts if you are so inclined to check my sources.

So yes, gun regulation works to reduce violence. Unless you have some alternative source to prove otherwise? Like an actual source and not "whataboutism" or your personal opinions on freedom and slavery.

Also! I would love to know where you got your definition of slavery. And again, your opinions don't count as a source. Because again, it is neither the dictionary or legal definition of slavery. So from where does it come? And no. You can't say its what "I believe" and it isn't common sense either. So! Where is it defined as such? I'm quite interested in looking into it.
I don't give a shit about what the UK or Australia does.

They can regulate it from my cold dead hands, and I hope the fuckers die slow as they try.

From personal experience, that's where.

23 July 2019
Where my feet take me
Species
Indeterminable
Relationship status
Unspoken
I don't give a shit about what the UK or Australia does.

They can regulate it from my cold dead hands, and I hope the fuckers die slow as they try.

From personal experience, that's where.
Which makes it an opinion. And invalid to the discussion. And! Essentially you value firearms more than human life? I mean you make no attempt to refute any of the facts presented about gun violence, mass shootings, or school shootings. And see! While I was raised around guns, and in fact own a few, they mean less to me than the life of another person. I mean, yes they are neat but frankly I don't need them. My life/personality/masculinity/identity, whatever you want to call it, has more to it than guns. My personality and who I am isn't defined by them, so even without them I would still be me. In short unlike a certain someone - who I may or may not be related to - guns are not who I am. This person, if you take away his guns, he would literally feel emasculated and have no hobbies. Because guns and drinking are all he has - all he is. Because life is hard and its easier to feel powerful and manly with a Smith&Wesson .44. Especially when you hit adulthood and never learned to grow up to face the world.

So I'm not afraid of guns, and I'm not against them. I'm agaisnt the reality that has brought us 250 school shootings and training children for the inevitable day someone decides to shoot them. I value life over guns because I don't need guns to face the world. They don't define me. They aren't my life. I have hobbies, happiness, and more outside them. My identity isn't guns, misery, and misplaced anger.

wraith138

3 October 2016
Louisiana
Species
SpottedHyena
Which makes it an opinion. And invalid to the discussion. And! Essentially you value firearms more than human life? I mean you make no attempt to refute any of the facts presented about gun violence, mass shootings, or school shootings. And see! While I was raised around guns, and in fact own a few, they mean less to me than the life of another person. I mean, yes they are neat but frankly I don't need them. My life/personality/masculinity/identity, whatever you want to call it, has more to it than guns. My personality and who I am isn't defined by them, so even without them I would still be me. In short unlike a certain someone - who I may or may not be related to - guns are not who I am. This person, if you take away his guns, he would literally feel emasculated and have no hobbies. Because guns and drinking are all he has - all he is. Because life is hard and its easier to feel powerful and manly with a Smith&Wesson .44. Especially when you hit adulthood and never learned to grow up to face the world.

So I'm not afraid of guns, and I'm not against them. I'm agaisnt the reality that has brought us 250 school shootings and training children for the inevitable day someone decides to shoot them. I value life over guns because I don't need guns to face the world. They don't define me. They aren't my life. I have hobbies, happiness, and more outside them. My identity isn't guns, misery, and misplaced anger.
Value rights more than the lives of those trying to take them from me. I love how you think guns define my life. To me they are a tool and a hobby, not my personality. You are so preset on your idea that I'm progun because muh guns. No, I'm not progun. I'm anti government. Any and all government. I'm an anarcho capitalist. The fact you think so little of me because I don't follow your ideology tells me all I need to know about you. You live to insult and talk down to those with different viewpoints, and refuse to open your mind to other viewpoints. I understand the sentiments behind gun control. I oppose it because I know no good will come of it in the end, and we need not let give the government more power.

I think I've seen enough about you to know that I think we're done here. You obviously can't carry on a conversation without berating those with differing opinions. Don't bother replying to this.

BTW I haven't even shot a .44, Special or Magnum, or even AMP, or any of them, let alone own one.

23 July 2019
Where my feet take me
Species
Indeterminable
Relationship status
Unspoken
Value rights more than the lives of those trying to take them from me. I love how you think guns define my life. To me they are a tool and a hobby, not my personality. You are so preset on your idea that I'm progun because muh guns. No, I'm not progun. I'm anti government. Any and all government. I'm an anarcho capitalist. The fact you think so little of me because I don't follow your ideology tells me all I need to know about you. You live to insult and talk down to those with different viewpoints, and refuse to open your mind to other viewpoints. I understand the sentiments behind gun control. I oppose it because I know no good will come of it in the end, and we need not let give the government more power.

I think I've seen enough about you to know that I think we're done here. You obviously can't carry on a conversation without berating those with differing opinions. Don't bother replying to this.

BTW I haven't even shot a .44, Special or Magnum, or even AMP, or any of them, let alone own one.
We... aren't related. I mean the whole "may or may not be related" literally heavily implies I am related to this person. And unfortunately so. And for disclosure I am related to two people whose personality is guns, alchohol and misguided anger. I mean... I didn't know you were an alcoholic? I mean for all I know you NEVER drink. Or maybe you only drink vodka and not beer. And I get you are anarcho-capitalist. But it overlooks capitalisms shady ass history without government regulations. I mean it was the government that forced coal mines to adopt saftey regulations. It took government to enact health standards for the food industry. And yes! The government does bad and awful stuff, but prior to governmental regulation corporate saftey standards were nonexistent. And! I'll get you links to the shady, awful stuff that big and small business do under unregulated capitalism.

Again! Though, you weren't the "muhguns" guy I was referring to. I don't know you well enough to make that judgement. And! Honestly the guy I'm related to is literally looking for a reason to shoot and kill a person. He joined the army to legally get to kill people... he never deployed so he left that and is just waiting for the flimsiest excuse to kill someone.

But! Because of this states regulations on guns, all we can do is wait until someone ends up dead. That... feels wrong to me. Hell! He even admits that he is against any kind of regulation because there is no way he could own all his guns, which means he couldn't shoot a person.

So yeah... not. You.

-Edit-

Also you say it would do no good. But! 250 school shootings against zero. That is literal proof it does work. The lack of a mass shooting in Australia is proof that it does do good. Ignoring that doesn't make it not true.

Last edited: