1. Guest, due to an issue with the agelock we had to redo the whole system, if you did not get your access yet, please wait up to an hour to receive it, if you haven't still gotten it afterwards, please PM dopy.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Using yahoo mail? Some of you have been flagging us as spam, hence mails sent to a yahoo email account will no longer be delivered for an undisclosed time. Please consider using a different email host if you really need those emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Ssl's thought corner

SSL Oct 7, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SSL

SSL Moderator

Credits:
    He's crude, he's rude, he means what he says, and he doesn't back down. He never claimed to be the nicest mod. Rather, he'd rather tell it straight up how he sees it, even if that opinion is not the most favored.

Yeah, that's right, I'm back. And my Thought Corner will be filled with who knows what. Rants, raves, annoyances, things that utterly piss me off. Politics? life? yeah pretty much anything.

Sid _burn likes this.
  2. Elementis

Elementis Member

Species:
    Human
    Credits:
    Sounds Neat

3. SSL

SSL Moderator

Credits:
    Thought number 1.

An Open Letter To the Two Party Assholes.

I've made very little effort to hide who I plan on voting for in this election cycle for the US for President.
    I've seen little reason to do so. I don't throw it out there, but I don't hide it. There's no reason to.
    Naturally, I've received a lot of flak for my decision. It seems pretty obvious to me that people don't like it.

And why might that be?

I've gotten into extremely heated arguments with my own grandmother over my decision. I've been insulted by an older generation for not towing the party lines. I've been insulted by a younger generation for not towing the party line.

So here's an open letter to you idiots and assholes.

My vote is going -TO- Gary Johnson. He's a Libertarian candidate for president. It's going -TO- Trump or Clinton, and it's -NOT- going against Trump or Clinton. It's going -TO- Johnson.

And I honestly don't give a flying fuck if you think I'm "throwing my vote away." In fact, I'm getting quite sick and tired of hearing that bullshit argument. I don't care if you think that Johnson isn't going to win. You might be right, but that will not sway my decision.

Rather, interestingly enough, every time one of you fuckers tells me to not vote for Johnson, it just makes me want to vote for him all the more. Because it makes me realize just how entrenched the two parties have become, and how much people like you are willing to follow them like blind sheep! It needs to stop, and I will not be a part of it.

2/3rds of the American public are not happy with the two candidates the parties came up with. 2/3rds. Simple math says that's more than 50% of voters. Just imagine what would happen if all those people said, fuck that, I'm not voting for either one of these two. Instead they just think, oh... but nobody else can win. IT'S LUNACY! AND. IT. NEEDS. TO. STOP.

The older generation that has berated me has received more than one rant from me, and I'm gonna start another. I'm sick and tired of being told by them that somehow me breaking away from their crap is -MY FAULT- and that it's -MY FAULT- that things are as fucked up as they are.

Excuse me, but this is my FIRST election as a registered voter. This is the first I've been old enough to vote for. Don't even fucking start with me that it's my fault that things are screwed up. THAT WAS YOUR GENERATIONS SHIT. YOU FUCKED US OVER. YOUR GENERATION PUT US FUCKING $20 TRILLION DOLLARS IN DEBT! YOUR GENERATION IS THE ONE THAT FELL HEAD OVER HEELS FOR THIS STUPID TWO PARTY CRAP.

And ironically, it's their generation that continues to lead us down the path to trashing this country.

Clinton and Trump, Trump and Clinton. Why the fuck does everything continue to revolve around them?
    Because we allow it to.

The media is clearly in it for those two, and anyone else be damned. Over 25 people are technically able to become president of the United States and you've heard of what? 4 of them maybe?

So, why am I voting 3rd party? Clearly they can't win.

It's not about winning. It's not about picking a candidate I hate less than the other. I hate Trump and Clinton equally. And I honestly think that they are one in the same. Trump spent years funding Clinton, and now all of a sudden he "hates" her. Yeah, right. That totally is the truth.... -NOT-

No, my vote for Johnson is a vote against the two party system. My vote for Johnson is my middle finger to Trump and Clinton. My vote for Johnson a stand upon my principles and a refusal to choose between the "lesser of two evils."
    That kind of thinking got us into this mess.
    That kind of thinking will only continue to drive this country into the ground.

And if I get the opportunity. I will vote independent for any local and state race I can. I reject this two party crap and I refuse to be fed it anymore. Period, End of story.

And if you don't like it, that's too damn bad. Maybe you should open your eyes and think about what I have said here. Maybe then you'll understand why I have come to the decision I have.

You see, I don't see a difference between Trump or Clinton. I don't. and 5 supreme Court Justices appointed by either one of these two numbskulls will likely just see the end of the US. And maybe it should. Maybe the public as a whole deserves that to happen.

Punishment for not paying any fucking attention.

Think about it,

Sincerely,

SSL.

Maroo, Texshi and Thal like this.
  4. Elementis

Elementis Member

Species:
    Human
    Credits:
    Yeah- As a Canadian, I would extend a warm invite to our land of peace and prosperity, but Trudeau JR is fucking it up over here atm.

5. Thal

Thal dddd

Species:
    Canis inferi/Lycanroc (Midnight)
    Credits:
    This is why, a government based on a logical fallacy will never live long.

6. SSL

SSL Moderator

Credits:
    So I had a random phrase come into my head this morning. I haven't given too much thought into what it means, although I plan to do so.

"The sun is shining bright darkened veils upon our eyes."

What do you guys think this means?

7. Thal

Thal dddd

Species:
    Credits:
    We're blind, is my best guess.

8. SSL

SSL Moderator

Credits:
    Oh boy... It's been a wild past few hours... Let's go.

The Election of Donald Trump, An Insight into SSL's mind.
    You guys know damn well there was no way I'd let this go.

But you might be surprised about some of my stances...

The hardest part, is figuring out where to begin.

So we'll go from the start. November 8th was a busy day for yours truly. I work at a television station on campus now at the University of West Georgia where we were working a 2 hour live election coverage show. Considering our run up to the day, and that we had only managed to film one taped newscast, I was quite pleased to see us pull it off. It went well. During the show, I noticed, fairly late into the show, that Trump was leading Clinton.. This was around... 8:15 or so Eastern time. So fairly early on. Truth be told, I was surprised.

When we completed the show shortly after 8:45 or so, we shut the place down, packed everything up, and left for the night. I started walking off by myself, wanting to clear my mind. I just told myself that I didn't want to know what was going on in the election, that I didn't care. And at the time, I didn't. I was running off a major high of the show, and how well it had gone, and I was in little mood to get into that scrabble.

So I went to dinner late, and I stayed away from the main side room that I usually eat in because they had election coverage in it. I didn't want to hear or see it. I had no interest. It should be noted that by this point, our show only worked on the local and state level. I had 0 idea of what was going on nationally except for what I saw in that brief moment mentioned earlier.

Remember that in my previous post, I stated how I felt about Trump and Clinton. Rest assured, my thoughts on them haven't changed. I knew my guy was not going to win. There was just no way. No way in hell, but my conscious could rest easy.

After all, I didn't create the problem, and I live in a deep red county... at least, the county I vote in that is.

Right before I left, my air of lack of caring finally broke and I peaked in on the election results, and was surprised to see that Trump still had the lead. Shouldn't Clinton have edged him by now? It's what I expected. Surely Clinton would win right? I mean all the polls and everything. Sure, she had lost some of the lead she had, but she still had one, right? And after all, California and the west coast hadn't been counted yet. They always vote blue. Outside of the dining hall, I sat down in a wooden chair. It was quite chilly. This is my thinking spot. It always has been as long as I've been at UWG. I heard a group of about 4-5 women come out from the dining hall. They made it no secret that they were in disbelief that Trump may have a shot to win it. I didn't believe that yet. I couldn't believe that. I spoke up and said, stay calm, the west coast hasn't even come in yet. And California is assured to be clinton's. 55 Electoral College votes.

Yeah. We know how that turned out. I returned to my dorm and by about 12 AM, I started to realize that Trump had a good shot... 1 am, I was fairly sure that it was Trump's race... 2 AM... fairly sure turned to certain. and by the time that Pennsylvania came around at around 3 am, it came to be. I sat in my bed in shock that he had pulled it off. Trump somehow had managed to reach 270. Trump had won the states of Florida, North Carolina, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania. These were all states that I thought would more than likely go to Clinton. How could this have happened? How could the polls have been this off? After all, Trump's victory was almost a landslide in the Electoral college. I went to sleep around 4 am November 9th.

Waking up this morning, I knew that this would not go over well. I knew what was coming. Sure, my work at WUTV shielded me from it for a while. I heard clinton's concession speech. I saw the difference between the electoral college and the popular vote.

Great... Just what we need, more fuel to that fire. Trump's victory in the electoral college was a defeat in the popular vote by about 200K. As if we needed any more reason to divide us. But oh boy, my goodness what have I seen coming from facebook and local furs. Furs threatening to commit suicide because Trump won, friends blocking friends on facebook feeds, and the local yik yak was awash in pure absolute HATRED of Trump. It has remained that way almost all day today too.

And then it started getting even more ridiculous. People protesting and rioting because Trump won. Californians threatening to secede from the union because Trump won. So much anger and hatred thrown out, just because Trump won.... It's made me think... Is it really that bad? Some of you I'm sure are thinking, WELL YEAH! IT IS THAT BAD, YOU FUCKING MORON.

I'm not so sure.

You see, I told you in my first post, that I see no difference between Clinton and Trump. Sure, Trump says all this wacko crazy shit, but Clinton said wacko crazy shit. May I remind you who donates to her foundation and campaign? (Saudi Arabia, I'm looking at you). And lets just say, they are the most known for human rights, particular for LGBT.

You see, you people were fucked to begin with, regardless of which candidate got the nod. You really were. And regardless of what happens now, we're made the bed, we're gonna have to lay in it.

It has occurred to me that California has the ability to upset the entire election system that this country has had for over 240 years now. How might you ask? Without the state of California, this is a MASSIVE landslide for Trump. and I mean, MASSIVE. Clinton loses both the popular and electoral college by wide margins, Millions in the popular vote and dozens in the electoral college. Sure, this is nothing new, but now that one state has basically put Clinton ahead in the popular election in a way that it never could in the electoral college.

But even then, it's just one state. And now all the people rioting and marching because Trump won... Saying that Trump is not their president and never will be. He has the senate and house with him. Many people in the LGBT community are in fear mainly due to Pence, Trump's running mate for VP.

But I have to ask myself.... why? These two don't even take office for another 2 months. Moreover, a president has been set by the supreme court. The only way the laws are overturned is if another case is brought up. I find this highly unlikely, but not impossible.

Some people say that with that one night, 50 years of progress has been stopped and turned on it's head. They say that a racist, sexist, xenophobic and homophobic president has been elected by people who share the same traits. Maybe they're right, but I don't think it's totally that. My own mother and father voted for Trump, and they are not these things.

But when I take a deeper look at the election, I think the blame for the defeat of Clinton? It lies square on Clinton's and the democratic party's shoulders. The rigging of the primary against Sanders LOST them this election. It may have been different if Sanders had lost fair and square, but they never once gave the man a change. I'm not saying I agree with Sanders. I don't. He and I differ dramatically on how we view things, but I do respect the man for being honest and up front about what he believes. The same cannot be said for Clinton. And whether or not you like Trump, you cannot argue the fact that Trump's nickname for Hillary was VERY MUCH true. She is very crooked, and she lost the left the election. Trump should have been an easy candidate to beat. He should have been for both the left and the right, and he absolutely obliterated all challenges. Perhaps because nobody took him seriously, perhaps because he has the backing of people we'd rather wish he didn't. I don't know. They pay people a lot more money than I earn to find out these things.

What I do know, is that the media will suffer greatly for this election. Sure, there will be plenty of stories that will come along now. Trump is a media field day, but take a closer look and you realize that he just went and shredded much of whatever trust the public had left for the media, particularly the major news outlets.

I hear a lot of people saying they will now leave the country because Trump has won. I may say cold, cruel, a Trump supporter (for which I am not), when I say what I'm about to say, but it's what I truly feel.
    If you're gonna try to leave the country just because a candidate you like didn't win the election, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Don't let it hit you on the way out, and don't come back. Moreover, you're gonna be finding that you're gonna be moving A LOT during your life time because there will always be candidates chosen in elections that you WILL NOT like.

DEAL WITH IT.
    Suck it up pansy and move on. I've already done that for the past 8 years. I've made it no secret my dislike for Obama as our president, but you didn't see me threatening to leave the country just because Obama beat Romney.

Listen. When I say that I will not mince words, I don't. I don't care about your opinions or feelings. I really don't. That's not my job. I just tell it how I see it, and what I see, I think is pathetic. I do. The man hasn't even taken office yet. And we don't know what he's going to do.

Personally I don't have high hopes, but I'm going to support him as best as I can. Because I see beyond Trump or Clinton. I just want this country to be successful. That means I want Trump to be successful. Shocking, I know. Hell, I want Obama to be successful. I want all presidents to be successful.

There's no denying however, that our country is divided. Hell, just look at facebook nowadays. Look at what goes on with the riots and marches. I sincerely hope that Trump means what he says about being a uniting figure, but I sure as hell haven't seen it so far. Believe me when I say I'm skeptical, but be real people. We'll only find out when he takes office. If he fucks it up in your eyes, then feel free to trash him then, but just for a couple months, can we just give it a fucking rest? Please?

Can we all just breathe? Take a breath, chill the fuck out and try to collect ourselves and realize that we are all in fact human?

Is that too much to ask? Really. I mean it.

This is the path that we are going, fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you see it. This is the decisions that have been made. This is where we are. I'm expecting the worst, but hoping for the best. I'll tell you all to do the same. I voted third party, because I'm tired of this very same situation, but unfortunately, it wasn't to be.

It wasn't to be.

It was to be.

Remember that at the end of the day, we're all humans. We're all Americans.... We're supposed to be the country that everyone looks up to. You may not feel that this election has given us that light, but then I say to you... If you feel that that is the case, and that Trump puts American in a bad light? IT IS UP TO YOU, not me... Not Trump, not anyone else, IT IS UP TO YOU, to put America in the light that you wish to see her.
    And shaming her and telling us all that she was never good, or that she was never fair, or never the leader of the world, well, it accomplishes nothing but giving us an excuse to not make it better than it is now. You're the change you want it to be. Remember that. You want to lead the world, do something that makes Her a leader in the world. Don't abandon it when it needs you the most.

What do you think?

9. calm melody

calm melody Member

Species:
    snow leopard, or mlp pegasus.
    Credits:
    The only thing I'd say here, is that when you say "you people were fucked" honestly... that includes you, and everyone else, no matter who we voted for. We knew that Trump or Clinton would win, neither being people any of us really wanted in office.

10. SSL

SSL Moderator

Credits:
    Indeed. I mentioned that in the first post about why I was not voting for either of them.

I read an article today about why the left lost this election and it brought up something interesting. Trump and clinton, like I have been saying forever now, are one in the same. But you'd never know it from the media, both the big media outlets and online because people tend to align themselves to media echos. (We love to hear what we want to hear).

The thing is, at the end of the day, Hillary should never have been elected in the first place in the primary. I bet you that Bernie would have beaten trump. I think he would have.

11. Whitescar

Whitescar Active Member

Species:
    Cheetah
    Credits:
    Just go over this for a moment and then get back to the "can't we all just chill the fuck out" bit.
    http://www.people-press.org/2016/06/22/1-feelings-about-partisans-and-the-parties/

No, we cannot. It would be great if we could, but we cannot. This divide is deep and it will take a heck of a lot more than someone just saying 'chillax' to make it go away. The trench-lines run deep and they have been dug up firmly thanks to the bilateral poison being spat at every political debate.
    The election was not about getting the best candidate elected. It was about making the other person be the worst possible candidate.
    People did not vote for Trump because they thought he'd make a great president, but because they thought Clinton was an even scarier and worse choice. And vice-versa.

It is pretty obvious that the fundamental problem here is one of a nation torn and divided. Was this a wake-up call? Maybe. But what did it wake us up for? To realize that the entire nation is messed up and broken inside. And now we have Mr.Trump, the great diplomat, who must unite the nation with his calm and collected policy making and get everyone behind him to pull one rope. Both the people who're deadly afraid of him trampling over their civil liberties as well as those who want him to do exactly that... As long as it's the civil liberties of someone else, of course. I mean, you don't get to be married like I do and if you complain, you're a crybaby. But if someone tries to take away mah gun, then I shoot them! (<To stereotype a bit.)

12. SSL

SSL Moderator

Credits:
    See I think about what you said Whitescar, and I find I don't agree and yet I do. There is a massive shift occurring in the demographics of the nation. But think about it, half the nation lives in the big cities, and they almost always vote democrat, while the more rural areas always vote republican. Why might that be? Life style I think is the big reason.

Thing is, this division is not new, but it is getting worse. I stay around my parents and they despise the people who are out protesting... thing is, those people protesting probably despise my parents.

So the question then becomes, if neither of us knew how the other thought and worked around each other, might we see each others point of view more? We live in a culture that loves to isolate itself again to the crowd we think the most with.

Someone like myself who doesn't fit in that well, doesn't follow those lines, but I feel the divide because I'm right in the middle of it. I see both sides, and frankly I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed. Getting angry at each other isn't helping, and saying that we cannot chill out for a bit I think hurts us more than it helps. Clearer minds will prevail and nobody's mind is clear right now.

13. Whitescar

Whitescar Active Member

Species:
    Cheetah
    Credits:
    Well I never said that it wouldn't help. Just that asking for it and expecting it to actually happen is almost as realistic as getting Putin and Obama (soon Trump) to the same table and say: "How 'bout we just agree to bury all our nukes in the Mariana trench, yeh?"

Obviously the Rural areas which have been hit hard by globalization and lost employment will vote for Trump and Republicans who promise to give them jobs. While in the cities, where employment is actually good because Cities drive the economy (a global megatrend that does not look to be reversing anytime soon), but there the even more liberal thoughts and requirements for robust safety nets are needed and called for.

Different people, different perspectives, different requirements.

Now, it is of course a fair thing to ask that both sides looked at it from the other's perspective, but like I said, unlikely to happen. Especially when the divide is so deep already that people actively Fear the other side. How can you sympathize with the boogieman? If you fear it, you cannot step into its shoes and give it a fair shake. You might do the first, but at that point you'll just imagine some sort of baby-eating monster and presume that is what drives their motivation. Ain't gonna work.

On a very grand scale, those who have their voting base in the rural areas will suffer in the future. That's just the direction our industry is going and has been going for the past... I dunno, 200+ years?
    Another reason why people are quite rightfully angry is because the political system is broken in more ways than one. Clinton got more actual votes than Trump, but lost. Like with Bush, who also got less votes than Kerry and yet became president. This sort of system gnaws at any sort of unity and understanding, when the votes cast by some Americans clearly matter more than those of others. The system is not equal, not by a long shot.

I do agree with the Sanders part though. The Democrats messed this one up for themselves for the most part. Cannot comment on the FBI thing, but I figure they must have thought that the Republicans were in such a disarray with Trump that they could risk Clinton and just hammer her into the White House... But that speculation is both premature and also pointless.

I guess the realistic thing that could be asked is for people to get their rioting and anger out now while Obama is still in charge and he can manage things. Then maybe the worst agitators will be all rioted-out by the time Trump takes the office and maybe the weight of his task will turn him into a politician just like every other president before him... maybe.

14. Thal

Thal dddd

Species:
    Credits:
    Admittedly, with Trump winning, I am among those who see the worst in things. While, I doubt he will actually implement these things, because he talks out of his ass, at the same time, I cannot help but feel fear, personally, even though, I'm trying to stay somewhat rational and not do anything stupid and short-sighted. (e.g. emigrate) Unless in the unlikely event that he does something really egregious, of course, that endangers people based on what people assume Trump is. To which, you bet I'm gone faster than Pence can say "burn the witch."

However, I would agree. Unless in the event he does something like that, we should stay put. :>

also you're in west georgia, wanna hang out or something?

15. Sid _burn

Sid _burn Well-Known Member

Species:
    Dragon
    Credits:
    I don't think Trump will do anything to harm the lbgt community. He isn't gonna take away rights. That would violate the constitution, gay marriage isn't going to go anywhere. People are so childish it's pathetic and I'm ashamed I'm part of the generation that's rioting and acting so horrid. Trump isn't going to deport anyone but criminal illegals!! People are so upset, go to any other country illegaly watch what happens..instant jail time. Come here the right way or don't come at all.

I like trump, doesn't mean I love everything he will say or do, but we needed a change from the dark path we were following. Clinton wanted a one world government and I oppose that heavily, that and she had broken the law and lied about people dieing that she didn't help!! Good or bad he is out president and we have to live with it. People want to leave the us fine. They won't have the rights we have anywhere else. Some say Trump is a Nazi...yea right the Dems (not all) are more like Nazis right now, they want everything there way or not at all.

I must agree he isn't even in office and I'm amazed at how the world is reacting. Good grief people relax, Trump isn't all powerful we have checks and balances in place to prevent any party from being supremely powerful and having total control.

We have to sit back relax and watch for the next four years If our president is good or bad.

I can guarantee if Clinton got in, we would be in a world of hurt. She is so corrupt it's scary, look at the wiki leaks it's disgusting what she has done. Rumors of a pedophile sex ring, spirit cooking, the list goes on. I dont know if it's all true (sounds frwaling crazy) but still that's fucked up what she has done. We would be dead and buried if we did 1/16 of what she has done.

16. SSL

SSL Moderator

Credits:
    Hey guys,

I just feel like posting tonight. No idea what, but I just feel like posting. Maybe some ramblings, some thoughts. I'm not sure.

I feel oddly relaxed tonight. This is the most relaxed yours truly has been since August. It's been a crazy election, been a crazy semester, and I've been busier than I've ever been before in my life. But we've reached that point where... I honestly feel like I can just take a deep breath and let it go. ONce we got passed November 8th, I've just been decompressing.

Musically, I'm very happy with the newest releases I've heard from Alter Bridge, Avenged Sevenfold, and I'm giving the new Abney Park album a listen through now. Also... MEtallica has a new album coming out Friday... fingers crossed it's as good as the singles.

The southeast US where I live is on a record streak for all the wrong reasons. 47 days since we've seen rain here and it's not going to get any better anytime soon. Wish for rain here folks, we need it badly. The area is continually bathed in smoke from wildfires to the north.

seems weird saying that, but it is November... Thanksgiving and Christmas are ahead... I'm not sure I want to deal with my family this year. My dad's side has gone completely wacko. Is it bad that I feel like I'm the only sane one of the bunch? And I created a family civil war on my facebook page on my mom's side XD
    Damn, I'm good.

Seriously though, can you guys figure out how this snow mew got to be the way he is? XD

but yeah... I'm glad this semester is almost over. Thank the gods.

17. SSL

SSL Moderator

Credits:
    New post coming soon.

18. SSL

SSL Moderator

Credits:
    December 14, 2016

Be Thankful for What You Have
    Hey everyone. That title probably seem different than the usual ones here, but something has been weighing on my mind a bit recently and I decided a couple days ago I'd put it into words.

So to set this up, a couple days ago, I was just sitting at home. The fall semester for me ended last week, and Monday I had nothing to do. I got a call around 12:00 from my dentist. She wanted me to come in on Monday instead of my original appointment on the 19th, and I said sure. So at 3:00 I found myself sitting up at the dentist office.

And what I saw there, I think put some things in perspective for me. That no matter how bad things may be, things could always be worse.

Across from me in the living room style area, sat a young family. The couple couldn't have been more than 25 years for each of them. They had a little girl with them, and this little girl had to be around a year old. This little girl shined in the light of the large christmas tree that glowed in the back corner of the room, no matter how gloomy the room may have actually been.

But what struck me most about this scene, was that I could hear the little girl breathing. Her stroller was far too big to be normal. And I realized very quickly that she was tied to an oxygen tube. Her breathing was the machine inside the stroller giving her life giving air.

But if I had never seen this tube. If I had not seen the stroller, I would never have known. This little girl had the usual high energy that a baby that age has, but as I sat there and reflected; this loving young family had likely been through countless hours at the hospital, had likely spent many wakeless nights in children's ICU, and yet here they are- loving, happy, hopeful. Thankful for the little blessing that she held upon her knee and in her arms. That despite what this family was going through, they were happy. It radiated from them. A proud mother and father.

It just made me smile a little. It made me realize that no matter how bad things may appear, there's no reason for us to get down. There's no reason for us to feel sorry. Despite how bad things may get, There's always hope that things will get better.

That through all that our friends and loved ones go through, we are there for them, and especially during this time of the year, remind them how much they are loved and cared for.

In all this corporate, religious, non-religious, hating and loving, still-political-filled, jolly noise, It's important to remember that at the end of the day. We only have each other. Everything else is temporary. Even time. Though it may seem slow, days go by quick. I'm sure this couple felt like it was yesterday that they were dating, now they have a child together and they appeared happy as ever.

And it made me smile, and all my little problems and worries just suddenly didn't seem to matter anymore.

SkyeTheHusky and I are very close and he was talking to me the other day about some of the issues and tragic things he has to deal with at work... it was Monday night as a matter of fact... And it just reinforced this whole thing....

Be thankful for what you have... cause some don't have it, some wish they had it... and some are losing it....

What do you think?
    ~SSL

19. SSL

SSL Moderator

Credits:
    December 28, 2016

GETTING REALLY FUCKING SICK AND TIRED OF BEING FUCKING LECTURED.
    Now granted, I'm no fan of Trump. I'm really fucking skeptical of him, and I think I will continue to be, but honestly, I'm getting fucking sick and tired of Obama, Kerry, and their little a-hole smug faced buddy Josh -Not- Ernest.

Why?

Because I'm tired of constantly being lectured by them. I'm tired of constantly being harassed, berated, and downed because I think differently than these millionaire assholes who seem to know how everyone's life ought to be run.

Regardless of how you feel about Isreal, Kerry was way out of line in his speech on Isreal today. Way the fuck out of line. Isreal is not America. You do not go and fucking berate a country that you are not over that way. You shouldn't even do your own country like that. It gets really fucking old to hear this kinda crap from them. They obviously know so much right?

I swear, honestly I think this is the maddest I've been in a while. January 20th could not come fast enough, and yeah we're probably getting no better than these 3, but still.

Telling Isreal that they cannot be Jewish and democratic at the same time is a slap-in-the-face of Isreal. It is basically saying that you must either be a two-state solution, or a tyrannical government that tortures and kills people who don't agree with the Jewish faith.

Gee.. I wonder what Palestinians and other Arab nations want to do with Isreal.

So, the question I'd like to pose to John Kerry is this. If this situation were reversed, would the Palestinians be democratic if they were Islamic? I mean really. I somehow the answer to that would be the same. What a crock of shit. -.-

And seriously, you're going to do that to our only Ally in the region. A nation that has had to go through not one, not two, but three different wars just to survive, constantly surrounded, harassed, and attacked by neighboring countries, and not only survived but managed to thrive in their situation.

I honestly don't give a damn about them being Jewish, or the other nations islamic. The fact remains that Isreal, whether or not you agree with how the country was formed, has constantly faced tyranny and survived. Now it seems everyone is wanting them to pay for a situation they never wanted to be in to begin with, and I sincerely doubt the Palestinians want a two-state solution.

Seems kinda sad really that the entire world is up in arms over a little country no bigger than the state of Delaware.

Perhaps it wouldn't be if Obama and Kerry kept their damn mouths shut for once in their miserable 4 year existence together as president and sec. of state.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    Sapphire likes this.
  20. Sid _burn

Sid _burn Well-Known Member

Species:
    Dragon
    Credits:
    Those two cause trouble everytime they speak. I can't wait for them to all go bye bye. I agree Kerry has no place berating or telling them what to do like that. I can only hope things change for the better for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.