Terraria: Journey's End update and a few tricks to spice up gameplay

SashaLang

27 November 2017
Central Time Zone
Species
Wolfen
Today, the Journey's End update came out for Terraria. One of the new features is the journey option for both characters and worlds. You start out with better gear, but you can not use Joruney characters on non-Journey worlds and vice versa.
Another set of features is the ability to change enemy spawn rates, time progression, and weather effects. What had my attention was the research aspect that was introduced.

Take the copper coin, the cheapest valued currency in Terraria. With the new research aspect, you can take 100 copper coins and use them in the research slot. Even though you lose them, if you go to the Joruney spawn menu for items, you'll find that you can now duplicate copper coins either in single coins or stacks of 100 coins.

This trick allowed me to duplicate coins until it to aquire platinum coins. You can use their trick on any item, block, or consumable in Terraria, which opens up numerous ways to acquire infinite resources without using Tmodloader (a 3rd party mod loading software for Terraria.)

Alenicia

~ Gold Edition Delight ~
3 October 2016
Wisconsin
Species
Dragon
I'm pretty excited about being able to switch between vanilla Terraria and the modded one with ease .. especially so now some other friends of mine don't have any excuses anymore for how modding is too difficult to do. ^-^

13 April 2020
Cambridgeshire, UK
Species
Wolf/ Dragon
Relationship status
Single (not looking to date)
Already got a 3 person Master mode run going, checking out all the new items and gameplay. Certainly an awesome update, although finding a lava charm still takes 1 and a half hours, even with 2 people. Graphics are so much cleaner and gameplay is much more fun, so far so good.