1. Guest, due to an issue with the agelock we had to redo the whole system, if you did not get your access yet, please wait up to an hour to receive it, if you haven't still gotten it afterwards, please PM dopy.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Using yahoo mail? Some of you have been flagging us as spam, hence mails sent to a yahoo email account will no longer be delivered for an undisclosed time. Please consider using a different email host if you really need those emails.
    Dismiss Notice

The alt-right

Sapphire Dec 8, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sapphire

Sapphire dddddd

Species:
    Vulpine
    Credits:
    This matter has been circulating throughout the US election campaigns and beyond it, mainly because Clinton made their presence known in a very public way, and I have been meaning to start a conversation about it here to see what others had to say about this movement. From what I have found, the Alt-Right present as white ethno-nationalists that believe in engaging in white indentity politics to protect the white race and the white culture they see as being under threat and / or in decline, whether that decline is deliberate or a consequence of altruistic western ideals.

From what I have seen, I think Sargon gives a fair representation of the Alt-Right and what they are about, and, of course, you can always look into Alt-Right groups yourself to come to your own determination:

And here is some commentary that Sargon provides after he debated at length with members of the Alt-Right:

I think many people, including myself, who came across the Alt-Right did not necessarily know what they were really about because certain people have professed to be part of their movement, which they couldn't be by virtue of their own principles, and people of the Alt-Right who present themselves holding ideas other than those held by members of the Alt-Right on average; they, for whatever reason, lied about their ideas. Like any group, there is variance, but I think what I have described is, more or less, fairly accurate; I would be surprised if a member of the Alt-Right told me that I am wrong since many in the Alt-Right present this way.

Anyway, what do you guys think of the Alt-Right? Do you think they will influence the President-Elect, or is Trump just humouring them to maintain a politically inclusive image? Should Clinton have given them attention by addressing them publically, or did she simply give them the very attention they have always craved? Let us know of your thoughts. :smile:

2. ZeroW0lf

ZeroW0lf Member

Species:
    Wolf
    Credits:
    I think the Alt-Right is too small to bother with politically. Trump should spend his time catering to the economy and then following through on his supreme court picks because those are the reasons people voted for him.

I didnt actually think the alt-right really existed until the video of their rally came out. But i still think they are politically insignificant. They are just as vocal as the 'tumblr-ites'.

3. Skytech

Skytech Active Member

Species:
    Vulpan
    Credits:
    Alt-right is the latest trendy name for a group of people around for a long time with their influence rising and falling. Remember something called the Tea party? The vogue and inspiration this time is Trump.

4. Thal

Thal dddd

Species:
    Lion
    Credits:
    Reviving this topic like it don't matter.

The alt-right should be given the same treatment as the Tumblrites do, ideally. Either extreme is bad, due to their authoritarian views and demands of special treatment. Trump, should focus on the economy whilst leaving the social things alone. But four (or gods forbid eight) years is a long time to not have anything get fucked up.

But yeah, I agree with Zero. He shouldn't cater to these people and just focus on the economy, since we're stuck with him for four years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.