The Masked Singer

• Using yahoo mail? Some of you have been flagging us as spam, hence mails sent to a yahoo email account will no longer be delivered for an undisclosed time. Please consider using a different email host if you really need those emails.
18 October 2019
Pennsylvania, USA
foxsylvania.blog
Species
red fox
Relationship status
In a relationship
image.jpeg

It's kind of a glorious gateway drug to the fandom; the Masked Singer, that is! A show which originally began in Asia with rather cheesy costumed singers, Masked Singer has transitioned to the U.S., and is now in its second season. Playing like a hybrid of American Idol , a furry convention, and The Gong Show passed through psychoactive medication, Masked Singer features "celebrity" singers in full body costumes belting out popular song hits, some much better than others. Some of the contestants are professional singers, while others are athletes, comedians, and media people. It's essentially an elimination competition, and a high percentage of the contestants are in furry costumes, some of which are rather spectacular. Shown in the picture are Flower, Eagle, Penguin, and (sigh!) Fox. The past season included a memorable Rabbit, Peacock, and Lioness.

The show also features an enthusiastic celebrity panel of judges, and a whipped-up audience who make hand gestures evocative of the performers. While neither the performers nor the audience identifies publicly as furry, the show makes for a great outreach program. The Masked Singer plays on (what else) the Fox network in the U.S...

16 October 2019
Oklahoma, United States
Species
Spotted Hyena
Relationship status
Single (seeking; bisexual/pansexual)
I saw some previews of this show not long ago, and my first thoughts were that they're literally in fursuits, and that this show would attract a lot of furries. I am unsurprised, but pleased, to see those assumptions were correct.

18 October 2019
Pennsylvania, USA
foxsylvania.blog
Species
red fox
Relationship status
In a relationship
image.jpeg

Here's my personal fave from Season 1; the Rabbit, who was Joey Fatone. He appeared to be wearing a straitjacket, and had that touch of madness, fresh-from-the-asylum quality. From his boy band days, this guy could dance as well as sing. His debut performance of Livin' la Vida Loca was a knockout!

26 February 2018
Near the Twin Cities, MN
Species
Siberian Tiger
Relationship status
Single
I see it's available on Hulu. I may have to give this a watch. It definitely looks like something I'd make a habit of. :smile: Great recommendation as I've been trying to find something other than Hells Kitchen or Kitchen Nightmares in terms of game shoes to watch.

16 October 2019
Oklahoma, United States
Species
Spotted Hyena
Relationship status
Single (seeking; bisexual/pansexual)
I see it's available on Hulu. I may have to give this a watch. It definitely looks like something I'd make a habit of. :smile: Great recommendation as I've been trying to find something other than Hells Kitchen or Kitchen Nightmares in terms of game shoes to watch.
Oi! Your bloody fursuit is so badly done, it looks like a fucking rat's hairy arse!

18 October 2019
Pennsylvania, USA
foxsylvania.blog
Species
red fox
Relationship status
In a relationship
image.jpeg

Here's "Peacock" from Season 1; I won't spoil his identity reveal for you if you're watching the the first year of the series, but he brought a polished "Vegas" type vibe to his performances, kind of like Elvis with feathers...