1. Guest, due to an issue with the agelock we had to redo the whole system, if you did not get your access yet, please wait up to an hour to receive it, if you haven't still gotten it afterwards, please PM dopy.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Using yahoo mail? Some of you have been flagging us as spam, hence mails sent to a yahoo email account will no longer be delivered for an undisclosed time. Please consider using a different email host if you really need those emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Uss starfire (star trek-inspired rp idea)

SilverwindBlade Dec 1, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilverwindBlade

SilverwindBlade New Member

Species:
    Pegasus
    Credits:
    Hey all. So, I have an idea, or the beginnings of one, for an RP I'd like to give a whirl.
    I've been re-watching TNG and DS9 lately, and the Dominion War is a good arc of Star Trek. The Defiant is also a cool little ship too.
    Furries in Star Trek settings have been a part of the fandom for goodness-knows how long, and playing/running something along those lines sounds like it could be fun; most people have more than a passing knowledge of Star Treks' world and setting, so it doesn't require too much explanation either.

My idea on making it an alternate universe is that humans are replaced more with anthro characters; I'll come up with a full reason why if/when this takes off, but my idea would be that there's a divergence in the timeline around the late-to-mid 21st or early 22nd century:

Humans begin to die out from a super-lethal plague. They have genetically engineered a race of helpers at the time from various animals, who seem to be immune. As a last ditch to make sure something of their culture survives, they 'uplift' their creations into full sapience and independence, letting them almost 'take over' running the planet. They have taken on the name Terrans, and follow on from humanities' legacy and history, starting the exploration of space after first contact with the Vulcans.

Some of the other more human-looking aliens could equally be a bit more anthro-looking as well.

History after that is more-or-less the same, but we don't have to quibble as much over the details. The main thrust of the game would be that it takes place sometime after the Dominion War and established events in the 'main' Star Trek timeline (i.e. not the JJ Abrams movies), and follows the crew of the USS Starfire, a modification of a Defiant-class ship. It's modified to be a bit more comfortable for long-endurance operations and patrols. It has been extended in length to allow for a bigger shuttle bay and other facilities and carries a handful of Gryphon-class fighters and an 'assault shuttle' based on the Argo-class shuttle as well as its' normal shuttlepods.

The ship and its' crew are part of a new Starfleet initiative to run high-value, high-risk special operations relevant to the Federations' interests; be they dealing with dangerous races, separatist groups, rogue organizations or other such dangerous or difficult enemies, or even risky and dangerous phenomena all across Federation space - and beyond. Their emphasis is on tactical training and operations, and the ship is well-equipped for such, with some experimental and newly-developed technologies. Reconnaissance, rescues, and other missions and operations are where the Starfire and her crew come in. But, of course, they also undertake normal Starfleet missions as well; exploration of hostile or dangerous places, and making contact with new species are part of the routine as well.

I'd be looking for a group of players who'd like to take on the normal main cast/crew roles - I'll play the captain as my character in the interests of being able to lead the plot and keep things directed in the right way, and to be able to ask and answer questions in character easily. Other than that, it'll be a first officer, tactical/operations officer, chief science officer, medical officer, and as many other people as want to join in too. With the expanded size of the ship, there's potential to create additional roles.

• In terms of rules, the main one is 'don't be a dick', as always.
    • Have fun.
    • Don't worry too much about sticking to Trek canon or setting information, or quibble over technical details; the story is the main thing.
    • Please don't power-game or metagame; try and remain in character as much as possible.
    • Try and make sure your characters fit the setting; some psychic abilities would be fine, for example, as there are telepathic and empathic species in ST. half-demon, half-vampire, half-angel angsty teenage magic users with giant swords and improbably spiky hair, however, definitely don't exist. And I will laugh at you if you try to play one
    • Please don't make a character that is good at everything or can do everything. Mary Sue characters are just boring.
    • But on the other side of that, playing someone who's a constantly miserable failure and a ball of constant angst is no fun to be around either. Make someone balanced.
    • You may not play a villain, nor a character who is not part of the ships' crew, as the game is about the ship and its' crew, not other people.
    • Please post in third-person rather than first-person perspective, and using a narrative (i.e. story or descriptive prose) style, rather than "*looks around* hey what's this?" type posts.
    • Please try and use good grammar and spelling - there are sites on the web that let you check your grammar and spelling, as well as browser extensions to do the same. I understand if you are dyslexic or otherwise challenged, however, and will not hold this against anyone.
    • Please post a minimum of one paragraph per post
    • One post per week minimum, and I will move the game on with a GM post once every player has had a chance to react to the previous post. I will move things on more quickly if the pace keeps up too.
    • Again, don't be a dick.

Character Sheet
    Name:

Home Planet:

Species: (Anthro Species, if applicable)

Race: (Terran, Vulcan, etc. May play hybrids; terran/vulcan, terran/betazoid, etc. If you wish to make up a race, then please put a post up about it first for approval. Again, try not to make them crazy-powerful or over-the-top, or just a copy of an existing race)

Description: A short description of their physical appearance and personality, as well as any other information you think is relevant

Role: Function as part of the Starfire's crew. Ask if you would like a particular position, or to suggest one.

MR. likes this.
  2. MR.

MR. New Member

Interesting. I had been looking for story-based Rp like this, I am definitely interested.
    I have little knowledge about Star Trek series, never really watched it, but I think a little bit of research can patch that up.

Another thing I would like to bring up is, I tend to make simple grammatical error in my post, I would not give too much excuses on my weakness tho, but I will try my best to minimize those simple grammatical error, I hope you can tolerate that and remind me if the problem starts to reach a bothering degree, hehe. (^^")

I will start to work on a character.

SilverwindBlade likes this.
  3. SilverwindBlade

Species:
    Pegasus
    Credits:
    Story-based RP's are really the only kind I do. Getting one up and running was one of my main reasons for joining the forum, and I'm glad I've got some kind of interest at least.
    I'm sure you can get the idea behind Star Trek pretty easily - it's been around for a very, very long time now, and it's kind of become part of popular culture. You've probably seen a half-dozen or more parodies and homages to it, even if you haven't seen any of the various series or movies. Getting the idea of it should be very easy indeed. It is pretty much the originator of half of the ideas in a lot of other sci-fi too, so I'm sure you'll find a lot of it fairly familiar.

Regarding grammar and such, I'm sure you'll do fine. Your post in reply was absolutely fine, for example, and I wouldn't really be asking for any more than that. I make mistakes easily enough myself, and I'm sure most of us do. I don't think it'll be much of a bother :smile:

I'll get my own character up later on, and I'll look forward to seeing yours too.

MR. likes this.
  4. SilverwindBlade

Species:
    Pegasus
    Credits:
    To get things started, here's my character sheet.

Name:
    Silverwind Blade

Home Planet: Mars

Species: Horse

Race: Terran

Description:
    6'6" in height, and with a fairly muscular, yet still trim and athletic build; more of a swimmer or runner than a body-builder type. His rugged facial features match this; he has an angular, handsome appearance for the most part, with a few age-lines around his eyes.
    His fur is dark grey, nearly black, and contrasts well with his blue mane and tail. His eyes are bright green and sparkle with a gleam of intelligence and mischief at the best of times. When that sparkle goes cold and hard, is when things are serious and about to get dangerous. His voice is firm and strong, and has a warm and trusting quality to it, though can be loud and commanding when necessary.

His clothing is, of course, mainly a Starfleet uniform of the appropriate type to the task at hand in command red. When off duty, he tends to dress in comfortable, yet practical clothing.

In terms of personality, he is curious, energetic and optimistic for the most part. He is a daring and occasionally cocky commander, but values the life of his crew and the safety of his ship above all else. He is willing to bend rules, or even outright break them if the circumstances call for it, and of course if it benefits the greater good of society and of innocent lives.
    He has a strong belief that, for the most part, people want to do good on the whole and to treat each other well, but he is more than aware there is a lot of darkness to the universe, and is more than willing to put himself as a barrier against that for the good of others.
    Despite his strong moral nature and optimistic view, he has a cunning, pragmatic and sly side that often helps with creating or manipulating situations and can be a shrewd tactician and strategist.
    He tries to be a confidante to his crew and make himself approachable, but at the same time realizes that a captain and commander must maintain some distance and be a figure of inspiration to his crew, something that often leaves him feeling isolated and a little lonely.

Role: Ship's Captain.

MR. likes this.
  5. MR.

MR. New Member

Character Sheet
    Name:
    Dianthus Deltoides (Dian)

Home Planet: Dozaria

Species: Kirin (In this case, not a mythical creature, considered hybrid, derived from various animal genes.)

Race: Bajoran.

[​IMG]
    Rough sketch reference
    Description:
    Dian is around 5.9 foot tall and has a slim body, with average body build. Dian's back, arms, and legs are partially covered with with white fur, while around his chest and abdomen area are smooth. Under his white fur, some intense old scaring can be found around his back. Dian's whole body appears to be white in colour. The hair around his head, extending down to his tail are contrasting longer hair which is light pink in colour. Dian has two milky colour horns protruding from his head.

Dian has blood red eyes with pupil resembling a reptile. Dian also wears a few piercing on his left ear. Dian long and messy pink hair around his head are usually combed back in a dandy manner and is tied up in a little pony tail.

Dian is amiable, calm and very approachable, he is soft-spoken and tends to display his caring personality. He likes to maintain some formality when interacting with people at times. Dian is kind and has altruistic value. Dian displays talent in both medical and scientific field.

Dian is a newbie in the team, the young man joined the team and was offered a place to assist Starfleet after being released from the Penal colony, when his talent was being acknowledged.

Brief history

Dian is born in Dozaria by his Bajoran mother who was enslaved by The Breen. At the labour camp, Dian and his mother was forced as miners of dilithium. Dian grew up with his mother at the labor site, and slowly built up a tight and close bond with his mother. Dian's talent in medical and scientific field was substantiated by how he was able to learn and master basic engineering and medical treatment through sole observation, analysis and innovation. Dian slowly grew to become more protective and rebellions from the sadistic and cruel treatment he and his mother received as slaves, and even became mentally unstable when his mother perished under their cruel hand.

When he was 20, carrying his mother's corpse, Dian successfully escaped Dozaria, and drifted aimlessly in space until he eventually landed on a deserted planet.

He plotted his revenge on Dozarian and was able to develop frontier technologies and dangerous weapons which have immense destructive power that could bring about great hazard and become a huge thread if in wrong hands. He had also successfully derived a way to revive death, that will bring great negative impact in disrupting the dynamic of ecosystem.

Dian's operation was soon discovered and brought to a stop by the authorities, he was then arrested and was sent to the Penal colony to receive psychological treatment and rehabilitation for a few years. After the therapy, he was offered a place to assist Starfleet.

His memories about his past now are mostly vague after the therapy, with some forcefully erased.

Role: Scientist/Medic

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    SilverwindBlade likes this.
  6. MR.

MR. New Member

It seems like it would take some time before we get some attention, let's chit chat for a bit I guess.

How many participants are you expecting to get?

And do you have any plots in mind? Mind to give us some review?

Do you do any other rps besides star trek based? For example, medival fantasy, I am kinda itching for something like that too, hehe.

7. SilverwindBlade

Species:
    Pegasus
    Credits:
    I'm hoping for at least three or four people, that way we could have at least some discussions going on, rather than just one-on-one conversation all the time, or having to try and play multiple characters each.
    In terms of plots, I was thinking of trying to structure it around several small missions or incidents, all of which link into a bigger picture. I might start things off with having to explore an abandoned or adrift ship, which leads us to find out more about new hostile species, and leads us on to the next incident on a planet, letting us discover a little bit more about the bigger picture as we go.

I do indeed do other RP's other than Star Trek, in fact this is the first ever Star Trek one I've done. I'm not really into fantasy, sadly - While I do love Game of Thrones, for example, I find it really hard to connect with Medieval settings and characters and write characters in that headspace.
    I'm pretty good at modern-day action or sci-fi stuff though, that's really where my interest lies.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    MR. likes this.
  8. buzzsaw133

buzzsaw133 Active Member

Species:
    Shapeshifter
    Credits:
    Okay, I have a question concerning a custom race I designed...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.