1. Guest, due to an issue with the agelock we had to redo the whole system, if you did not get your access yet, please wait up to an hour to receive it, if you haven't still gotten it afterwards, please PM dopy.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Using yahoo mail? Some of you have been flagging us as spam, hence mails sent to a yahoo email account will no longer be delivered for an undisclosed time. Please consider using a different email host if you really need those emails.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you playing pile?

Punnchy Oct 4, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuddy

Tuddy The Admin that likes Games

Species:
    Skunk
    Credits:
    World of Final Fantasy [PlayStation 4] - THIS GAME, man. It feels like a team at Square actually listened to what a lot of older FF fans want out of the series, and dressed it up in a super cutesy aesthetic which includes some particularly hilarious things, like a Sephiroth summon that turns one of FF7's most iconic CG scenes into a bit-joke. It helps that the game's storyline is similarly breezy and tongue-in-cheek in tone, with recurring characters including a sentient Cactuar, a self-proclaimed God who is either a massive ditz or deliberately withholding information from you depending on the mood she's in at the time; and our two protagonists being siblings who take the expected sibling rivalry and banter to whole new levels. The battle system is classic FF ATB stuff, always a welcome addition, and the party/job system involves capturing monsters and setting them in "stacks" with your protagonists - who can be either little or big, with each form offering its own different party customisation options. The monsters in your stacks determine what abilities are available to your characters, and it makes for an interesting way of encouraging you to capture monsters and travel with a large variety of them to hand - the big/little forms of both of my protagonists are set up differently, so I always have an easy way to switch into, say, a character who is a really good healer. Granted, you can only switch form on the field, and battles are random, so the system isn't 100% foolproof.

Dragon Quest Builders [PlayStation 4] - Square-Enix just keeps pumping out amazing games lately, what's up with that? Is this to soften the inevitable blow when FF15 disappoints?

Picross e Series [Nintendo 3DS]
    - I've been getting back into these - I lost my save data for all of them, and it's been long enough ago that I've forgotten the solutions to the puzzles, so... yay for puzzle games?

2. Punnchy

Punnchy ddddd

Species:
    Husky
    Credits:
    Assult Android Cactus This bullet hell is amusing. I'm taking my time enjoying the simplistic story line and blowing up lots of robots.

The Banner Saga I've only played this a couple of times but the unique combat mechanics are enjoyable, if not testing.

Dust: An Elysian Tail All the furry puns. alll of them.

Magic Duels Nuucat's not bit into playing the the normal paper cards, so I've been sedating my urge to play with the online ones that don't cost money for each and every card.

3. Pingu

Pingu New Member

Species:
    Little Penguin
    Credits:
    Metro 2033

4. Punnchy

Punnchy ddddd

Species:
    Husky
    Credits:
    Puzzles and Dragons (Android) - Been enjoying the compelxity of the puzzles as of late and working on mastering better combos to deal with enemies that can wipe me out if I don't do something about them.

Clicker Heroes (PC) - Nearing the 3600 mark again and realizing that solomon isn't really a needed booster at this time, when the primal bonus is 100times that of his then why even bother.

Magic Duels (PC - Steam) I really wish more people on my steam list played this one, it's a fun game and while it only uses cards from the modern blocks it's not a horrible playset and I've managed to get my rank above 5 without owning more then a couple of packs. You can earn tons of in game currancy just by playing the story missions and doing the versus quests.

5. KameronEX

KameronEX Active Member

Species:
    Fluffy Dragon
    Credits:
    The binding of isaac : Afterbirth (PC - Steam) It's great. The pixel art graphics are great also very fun and interactive can't wait for afterbirth+ DLC.

6. SilverwindBlade

SilverwindBlade New Member

Species:
    Pegasus
    Credits:
    Fallout 4 on the XBone - first playthrough with mods and all of the DLC. I'm currently faffing about building Vault 88, and struggling a bit with the construction system for it.

7. The_Stray

The_Stray Member

Species:
    Twin-Tailed Demon Fox/Wolf Hybrid
    Credits:
    Piano Tiles. That game is so addicting, I don't even care that it glitches and cheats.

8. Sentin_White

Sentin_White dddd

Species:
    Hydra
    Credits:
    Been there.. Nothing really seems to fit together. It takes time to figure it out. Did you have fun cleaning up all the Legendary monsters?

I'm currently playing No Man's Sky again. The Foundation update shows a lot of promise. I have yet to acquire a Freighter and a base, since I'm looking for the perfect weather type (no toxins, to radiation, no heat or cold storms. Nothing that drains my suit's Shield) + if it has a lot of natural minerals and ore I can mine and sell.
    So yeah, visited 6 star systems already, over 10 planets and moons discovered, but yet to find the perfect planet. I mean, the game is infinitely big... How hard can it be, eh?

9. SilverwindBlade

SilverwindBlade New Member

Species:
    Pegasus
    Credits:
    Yeah, it doesn't really do a good job of giving you a tutorial on how to use the new components and items either. Some help on how to wire everything up would've been ideal.
    I didn't have as much trouble with the monsters as I would expect; I'm using a couple of weapon mods that tend to make short work of... well, everything. I did run out of ammo for my primary weapon though, so there was a bit of frantic side-stepping and hammering the trigger on my pistol xD

10. Punnchy

Punnchy ddddd

Species:
    Husky
    Credits:
    Clicker Heroes Cleared 4k
    No Man's Sky So with the foundation update, I've managed to get a solid base going. This is my third base as i had issues with the locations of the first two where at. Lesson learned not to build a base on a water planet. As sen said, pick a nice planet. As for the freighter I should have shopped around. I bought the second one I landed on and it was 7.2 mil, which isn't something to just scoff at in the game. The storage is nice though.

As for the missions on the base I've got so much nice stuff now and learning to keep a high amount of everything.

11. crypto

crypto Active Member

Species:
    Dragon
    Credits:
    I'm playing Two Worlds II. Its a weird game but enjoyable.
    Always playing Vive games.

12. Ranalf

Ranalf Well-Known Member

Species:
    Figer
    Credits:
    Playing a bit of War Thunder Ground Forces; trying to get myself a Panther ausf. D and the Tiger H1, but I need to go through the Pz IV H first. Not just researching a Tiger straight up; that'd shove me into high level games. lol

Otherwise, Killing Floor 2 I'm enjoying the fk outta.

13. Pandah

Pandah ღ The Queen Yandere of FurryPile ღ

Species:
    Panda
    Credits:
    Pokemon Moon
    soon World of Final Fantasy
    Overwatch
    League of Legends
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Occasionally)
    Minecraft
    Rerunning Fatal Frame 5 for other endings
    Majoras Mask to 100%
    Corpse Party: Blood Drive (For different ending as well)
    A few phone games
    ...Lot of Otome.. Cause I can.

14. Killtime101

Killtime101 Member

Species:
    Robot
    Credits:
    Mechwarrior online and titanfall two. YEEHHAAAAHHHHH, MECHS FOR CHRISTMAS!

15. Punnchy

Punnchy ddddd

Species:
    Husky
    Credits:
    Wolfenstien: The old Blood - This game is really difficult for me, even on the easier settings. The waves of ememies are challening and if you get too cocky you will die very very quickly.

Ragnarok Heroes Because why not.

Puzzles and Dragons I'm starting to learn more about the creation of better teams and working on doing that.

Banished: This game is very enthralling. I've enjoyed each play session I've had and the challenges that it has with each passing year. Villagers die, and they're the lifeline of your ability to produce anything. I've only played the game about 16 hours and I'm already on my third village, having lost my first two from various failures to thrive.

16. KameronEX

KameronEX Active Member

Species:
    Fluffy Dragon
    Credits:
    Skyrim special edition and Overwatch

17. Tom

Tom dddd

Species:
    Dragon
    Credits:
    The Witcher 3. Done the main quest lines, plus the DLC ones. I'm now just mopping up all the sub quests. Once I've done that, I'll try out new game plus and do the whole lot over again.

18. Sierra

Sierra Member

Species:
    Tigerwolf
    Credits:
    I've mostly been playing a lot of Planetside 2 in my free time lately.

19. Tuddy

Tuddy The Admin that likes Games

Species:
    Skunk
    Credits:
    Final Fantasy XV [PlayStation 4] - OH MY GOD THIS GAME. THIS GAME, MAN. So, after 10 long years of waiting, I've finally got to play the game formerly known as Versus XIII and, well, it does not disappoint. It's the first sandbox title in a while where I have felt the need to do -everything- so I'm still hard at work on completing it, and likely will be for a while. The Story and characters are good stuff, and by the end, I felt like crying during the end credits, which is a rarity. Anyway, 10/10, buy it. Be happy.

Dragon Quest Builders [PlayStation 4]
    - Back on that. Still my favourite game in the building genre :3 Still really good... you should still buy it :P

Mirror's Edge Catalyst [PlayStation 4]
    - Purchased on a total whim due to being £9 on the PSN Sale and... I'm not overly happy with it. The Sandbox design horribly clashes with the control system and focus on linear platforming... but at least the moment-to-moment gameplay is really fun... provided you just follow the pathfinder tools and hope the game doesn't decide to just screw you over. Still. 9 quid. Not gonna complain.

Hitman [PlayStation 4]
    - I've only played the first three episodes of this game so far, and I'm moderately pleased with what I've seen and played. The levels are a bit shorter and smaller than previous titles in the series, but the setup makes for fun, quick gameplay sessions where you can optimise your runs through learning map layouts and creative kill opportunities. I also like the optional contracts that have you killing off random NPCs instead of the usual targets. These are, generally, more interesting and difficult than the base missions, which is a welcome use of the assets. If the rest of the game is this enjoyable, I'll be at least moderately happy that I picked this up when it was on the sale for £24.

... lotta Square-Enix there.

20. wolflove

wolflove FP's Friendly Wolf

Species:
    Angel/Demon Wolf
    Credits:
    Pokémon Sun
    Bravely Second

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.