So i just started a new game in a group in Shadow Dark. And boy it was not your mama's dnd 5 e. But its also risky when you only have 1 hit point and an AC of 9. But you know I hat fun playing some old-school games.

But I do also run and play some dnd 5e and COC, Powered by the Apocalybs game .

So i just started a new game in a group in Shadow Dark. And boy it was not your mama's dnd 5 e. But its also risky when you only have 1 hit point and an AC of 9. But you know I hat fun playing some old-school games.

But I do also run and play some dnd 5e and COC, Powered by the Apocalybs game .
I do like the look of Shadow Dark, is it quite a tough game then? I have considered exposing the group to something trickier once the current campaign has had a few sessions under it's belt.

I have considered running the infamous Tomb of Horrors as a one-shot, though I hear that is easier nowadays.

I definatly love that you have to think of the risk more than just think ow well I am gonna be healed in a moment. But also nice to play with some guys that has been there since ADND and has another style of rp in mind

Reactions: unknownaspect
I like TTRPGs, but not D&D, nor anything remotely like D&D.
I like Indie games, preferably ones that concentrate on storytelling over dice rolling.

Favourite System: FATE 3.0
Favourite Game: Everway
Honourable Mentions: Barbarians of Lemuria, Mutant: Year Zero, Risus, Happy Birthday Robot
Weirdest Mention: Sea Dracula - a game that is not about vampires or sailors, but IS about anthropomorphic animal lawyers with a resolution mechanism that revolves around improvised dance. Yes really.

I'm also a connoisseur of truly awful games, preferably second-hand copies so the perpetrators don't make money from them, including:
FATAL (Fantasy Adventures to Adult Lechery)
Wraeththu: From Enchantment to Fulfilment
Everything Is Dolphins
World of Synnibarr
Senzar

I do know a guy who got to level 9 (in AD&D) on 9 hit points. Apparently, no one told him before that that his character gets more hp each level.

I do know a guy who got to level 9 (in AD&D) on 9 hit points. Apparently, no one told him before that that his character gets more hp each level.
I seem to recall a game where somebody got to about level 10 with only about 12 or 15 hit points, because this was the age of rolling dice for them and he kept rolling 1's and 2's.

I also remember a game where a character rolled 1 HP for first level, and was promptly killed when they looked up a chimney and a bat fell on their face and bit them on the nose.

Last edited:
Can we have a sad trumpet saloot to Venomthang my first dragon I ran aginst my dnd groupe and he died waaaaay to fast.... I blame the dice
That's the point where you want to pull a Beowulf and throw Venomthang's Mother into the mix.

And if that fails, pull a Baby Shark.

Ve-nom-DAD doo-doo-do-do-do-do...

That's the point where you want to pull a Beowulf and throw Venomthang's Mother into the mix.

And if that fails, pull a Baby Shark.

Ve-nom-DAD doo-doo-do-do-do-do...
Haha true but it was fun to run a boss monster for the first time

Here's a question does anyone else buy dice fitting the campaign they are playing. I bought bullet dice for the western campaign I'm playing in. For COC I bought tentacle dice and for each different session of DnD I always try to get a set of class dice that come in lots of shapes and forms. Is this just me or anyone else?

Here's a question does anyone else buy dice fitting the campaign they are playing. I bought bullet dice for the western campaign I'm playing in. For COC I bought tentacle dice and for each different session of DnD I always try to get a set of class dice that come in lots of shapes and forms. Is this just me or anyone else?
I won't lie, I have been very tempted to do that. My usual set of dice are styled for fantasy worlds and most of my roleplaying is fantasy based. I can see myself wanted to splash out for a new set if I managed to encourage people to play something else.

I've been wondering for some time; do you guys know anyTTRPG with simple game mechanics? I'm thinking of trying something out, but I'm struggling with the execution. I'm unsure how to keep things simple and balanced

Users who are viewing this thread