Returning Good to be back

Pomorek

30 December 2022
Looks like quite a situation has happened during my absence! I'm glad to see it's under control now. And since others are re-introducing themselves, I shall do it too.

Been in the fandom for some odd 15 years now. My main "furry activity" is 3D art with realistic flair. Other than that, I'm a huge science & tech nerd, I tend to fill my living space with way too many houseplants, I like being in nature which goes well together with my fave physical activity, that is biking, and I read quite much. I also have several favorite, mostly older videogames, to which I'm coming back over and over again.

I'm from Poland but I've been a lot in Germany for work, and in Sweden for family reasons and also work. I have Swedish relatives and I hope I'll eventually end up there, possibly for good. The nature there is absolutely splendid, for example those northern lights I saw...

I've been always known as a striped hyena in the fandom, but now since we had a reset, it feels like a good occasion to rock my "antelope alt" and see how it sits with me. And yeah, I'm a guy, but I love long hair so at a glance my avatars might appear more girly than intended.

Reactions: FitzOblong
Hello Pomorek :D do you own the illusive Obliqua? Here's hoping you can make your Swedish Dream a reality

Welcome aboard! Don't worry about the long hair. Considering it's been fashionable for many decades, it should be no issue. I've sported long hair since 1970 and no one bats an eye so rock that long-tressed avatar!

Last edited:
Reactions: Wuff-Wuff
Welcome to the pile! It'll be fun to get to know an antelope
For whatever reason, antelopes are generally under the radar, as far as the furry fandom goes. Too bad as there are many cool, little-known species there to choose from. Myself being very much into unusual species, it's a treasure trove for me.

Reactions: Bunny Lvr
Hello Pomorek :D do you own the illusive Obliqua? Here's hoping you can make your Swedish Dream a reality
Thankies! The Swedish Dream is being worked on gradually, though it will take time to fully manifest.

Ah no, nothing as fancy as Obliqua here. Pretty regular houseplants, just a lot of them. I'm still experimenting what grows well in my particular living conditions, for instance Odonthocidium/Cambria orchids grow like crazy while Dendrobium exhibits "inverse growth", basically vanishing slowly...

Welcome aboard! Don't worry about the long hair. Considering it'd been fashionable for many decades, it should be no issue. I've sported long hair since 1970 and no one bats an eye so rock that long-tressed avatar!
Thanks! Unfortunately this is not so great here IRL, long hair is seen as "unprofessional". At best. So I had to limit myself to "long-ish" currently, but I vicariously give my characters as long manes as the rendering system conveniently allows. ;)

Thankies! The Swedish Dream is being worked on gradually, though it will take time to fully manifest.

Ah no, nothing as fancy as Obliqua here. Pretty regular houseplants, just a lot of them. I'm still experimenting what grows well in my particular living conditions, for instance Odonthocidium/Cambria orchids grow like crazy while Dendrobium exhibits "inverse growth", basically vanishing slowly...

Trying out is the best way to go about it! I've the bad habit of thinking my knowledge is just not good enough yet! I must read yet another book on how to repot xD I've got a no name Monstera from a store and an Anthurium. My goal at the moment is trying to plant more native plants in my garden. Sadly the ground is really hard and the plants don't seem to like it all that much... still trying to crack that one. But I'm glad to see the arrival of a plant enthusiast!

I'm glad to see the arrival of a plant enthusiast!
Likewise! So, the ground is too hard? I'm not that well versed with outdoor gardening, but it seems like some admixture is needed to improve the soil structure. Been having such a problem with potting soil becoming too hard, on such a small scale it can be fixed with addition of coconut husk and some tree bark-based medium for orchids. It would require something else for a bigger area in a garden, it would be best to ask in some gardening store.

Welcome!
I used to have lower back length hair before male pattern baldness struck, I know your pain!

Reactions: Pomorek
Likewise! So, the ground is too hard? I'm not that well versed with outdoor gardening, but it seems like some admixture is needed to improve the soil structure. Been having such a problem with potting soil becoming too hard, on such a small scale it can be fixed with addition of coconut husk and some tree bark-based medium for orchids. It would require something else for a bigger area in a garden, it would be best to ask in some gardening store.
Thanks for that Pomorek! A simple yet effective way to get to a solution :D I needed to hear that. (Or better said read).
Welcome!
I used to have lower back length hair before male pattern baldness struck, I know your pain!
Aww man I'm sorry for your loss SQWEK :\

Users who are viewing this thread