Painting Miniatures

unknownaspect

Supporter
5 March 2023
UK
It returns! A place for people to discuss the beautiful art of miniature painting and to show off their work.

Painted miniatures lead to better dice rolls, so says this badger, and tabletop gaming never feels quite right without a splash of colour. It doesn't matter if you're new to it or truly experienced, it's such a good hobby to help clear the mind.

Heres a few things I've painted up in the last few months, miniatures for a game called Zoontalis:

53562720254_f38290469f_c.jpg

53512901016_667669a641_c.jpg

Feel free to post anything you're working on or finished. Come and discuss painting techinques or let me know if you're starting for the first time or at least considering it. Heck, let me know that you can paint better badgers if you can, I'm always wanting to learn more myself.

Last edited:
I so miss painting and modding minis. I used to place the iris on the eyes of a figure but now, even with magnifiers, it's disheartening. Thankfully there are companies out there that let me construct and paint minis just the way (or close to) I imagine it. Don't consider it cheating since I do get to do the designing with a different set of tools.

There are a few examples of my early hand painted and recent Hero Forge pieces in my media area. I have MANY more.

Last edited:
I so miss painting and modding minis. I used to place the iris on the eyes of a figure but now, even with magnifiers, it's disheartening. Thankfully there are companies out there that let me construct and paint minis just the way (or close to) I imagine it. Don't consider it cheating since I do get to do the designing with a different set of tools.

There are a few examples of my early hand painted and recent Hero Forge pieces. I have MANY more.
Hero Forge is good! I love tinkering with the settings and experimenting with everything they have for a little fun and some inspiration for whenever I do any tabletop gaming. I do agree, there's so much customisation to it that I wouldn't consider it cheating, it's quite fun seeing what can be made from it.

Gosh these look so vibrant and pretty, I can only imagine the amount of detailing that goes into these. As well as a steady hand I’m sure! Wonderful job, I can’t wait to see more.

Reactions: unknownaspect
Gosh these look so vibrant and pretty, I can only imagine the amount of detailing that goes into these. As well as a steady hand I’m sure! Wonderful job, I can’t wait to see more.
Cheers! My hands arn't the most steadiest there are, my handwriting hasn't improved since I was a kid, but plenty of time and plenty of patience help a lot. I end up holding my breath for some of the details, it gets tense.

I did freepaint that pentagram, I'm pretty sure disarming a bomb is less tense. I started by painting dots on the book where I wanted the points of the star to be, and then it's just a case of taking my time joining the dots with only tiny bits of paint on a tiny brush. It's not so bad if you have the dots on there first to use as a guide.

Reactions: Wuff-Wuff
It's called static grass, fake miniature grass used for miniatures and scenary. It relies on static electricity to stick up like grass does. Those miniatures are my first real attempt at using the stuff for the bases, if you think it's real, I must have done an ok job! ^^

Oh like in model train scenery? That's an awesome ^^ and for your first attempt you did a spliffing great job! Bamboozled me. I guess the size should've been a clear indication ^^; but that's also intended to match the characters size.

Do you plan on doing more background work for the minatures btw :D?

Users who are viewing this thread