Silly or interesting sona/OC traits spawned from RP/chat shenanigans

metatherat

20 December 2022
So, I am sure that a lot of our sonas or characters have ended up spontaneously having weird traits, abilities or whatnot based on some silly furry community chat or RP that we have done in the past. You know how it goes, some insider joke or the result of some casual RP thing ends up getting semi-canonized in some furry community, leading into your character having a (possibly very silly) trait they did not have before.

I love it when that happens, and I want to hear about it happening in your past furry shenanigans. Please describe any weird sona/character traits gained this way. And if you want to, explain how it ended up happening :3

Here is one of mine: Meta can generate an energizing coffee-like substance called RATCOFFEE from his body. It just comes out of his skin and drips down his fur, y'know. This got started when a furry friend dunked Meta into a coffee cup in a bout of casual RP, and then proceeded to lick the coffee off his body, as you do. The next day in the same chat, coffee got licked off Meta again... but the dunking part was omitted, leading to the logical assumption that he can just secrete a coffee-like substance out of his body at will 😁

When I joined I hadn't actually decided my fursona, but the fact that my online username for everything was 'MooseHorns237' already, I just used that, and my pfp is based on my favorite video game, The Long Dark. But you know, people just assume I'm a moose, and when I imagine my fursona interacting with the other characters in rp, I see myself as a moose (feral or anthro, depends on the situation). So one of my fursonas is a moose now, and one of the traits that I have gained from rping is clumsiness and always stumbling.

I found out that I smell like blueberry after a game thread where people would tell what the user who made the last post smelled like. That somehow escalated to tasting like blueberry during random shenanigans with furfrens. I have also been licked 1,745 times so far, but most people have done it to get hallucinations, because this what pop culture teaches us about frogs, right? So I embraced the idea and here we are, with a signature providing you with a skin toxicity meter, that ranges from huggable to hallucinogenic!

Nothing like getting a taste of blueberry before seeing pink flying giraffes singing Bohemian Rhapsody in the sky.

Nothing like getting a taste of blueberry before seeing pink flying giraffes singing Bohemian Rhapsody in the sky.
reads your toxicity meter
Eee, huggable! That means that I can hug you!
does so

----

Here's another silly Meta thing, that only takes place in casual and silly environments: he can fire polish eye lasers from his eyes when he is feeling sufficiently indignant (as anyone who has had pet rats knows, rats love getting indignant). What is a "polish eye laser", you ask? It is a laser beam that makes the sound of a Polish city or town when fired. This started from the popular "krakow", but soon evolved to include all Polish cities and towns based on the observation that they all sound like the onomatopoeia of retrofuturistic sci-fi lasers being fired.

gets indignant over lack of yogurt

fires polish eye lasers
krakow!
warsaw!
racibórz!
zabrze (part of Katowice metropolitan area)!

I've got nothing to say, as far I know. I'm not that interesting outside or inside the fandom, bleh! :p

• Wow
Reactions: metatherat
I've got nothing to say, as far I know. I'm not that interesting outside or inside the fandom, bleh! :p
To be fair Spilo, I feel like most character traits seem tame when compared to Meta's xD I have no idea how he does it, possibly might be a comedian IRL as far as we know.

But you've always seemed like the more sly, laid back Skunk who let's things come to him, with luck on his side, lounging about and getting the win for example in the Last Poster Wins thread without any hustle :D Also you have the Emergency Chameleon!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if it's cannon, but within the FP-Quiz thread my trait slowly morphed into being obsessed with keeping the Quiz alive, worried about viewer-ratings and trying to keep the contestants content so that they don't leave. Of course, with Meta as one of the contestants and UnknownAspect's more clumbsy side shining through, it always ends up being a huge juggling act; perhaps Karma for my fixation on numbers.

Sparky the host might also be holding me hostage.

When I joined I hadn't actually decided my fursona, but the fact that my online username for everything was 'MooseHorns237' already, I just used that, and my pfp is based on my favorite video game, The Long Dark. But you know, people just assume I'm a moose, and when I imagine my fursona interacting with the other characters in rp, I see myself as a moose (feral or anthro, depends on the situation). So one of my fursonas is a moose now, and one of the traits that I have gained from rping is clumsiness and always stumbling.

Also can I just add that the idea of a huge clumbsy Moose just leads to so many funny scenareos!

But you've always seemed like the more sly, laid back Skunk who let's things come to him, with luck on his side, lounging about and getting the win for example in the Last Poster Wins thread without any hustle :D Also you have the Emergency Chameleon!
Right, there is nothing wrong with casually being there and just letting things come to you! Sometimes all we want is to have fun in whatever way we can, with whatever we get :>

I can also say I used to be more active on the RP front, with a more random character that breaks the 4th wall in every opportunity and engages in silly cartoon shenanigans (like my toxicity being responsible for sending @Lenago to the hospital so many times that he now has his exclusively designated bed). While I may still do that when I feel like it, I think my mind has changed a bit over time, so lately I tend to present myself more often as... well, somebody who comes to the forums, happens to be a frog, and posts random stuff. So, instead of actively RPing, more like doing something about whatever comes my way, or doing my own thing.

I've come to find that, otherwise, it'll be hard to fall into the conversations; it's intriguing how our way of having fun may change, and sometimes we don't even notice it, until we do.

Right, there is nothing wrong with casually being there and just letting things come to you! Sometimes all we want is to have fun in whatever way we can, with whatever we get :>

I can also say I used to be more active on the RP front, with a more random character that breaks the 4th wall in every opportunity and engages in silly cartoon shenanigans (like my toxicity being responsible for sending @Lenago to the hospital so many times that he now has his exclusively designated bed). While I may still do that when I feel like it, I think my mind has changed a bit over time, so lately I tend to present myself more often as... well, somebody who comes to the forums, happens to be a frog, and posts random stuff. So, instead of actively RPing, more like doing something about whatever comes my way, or doing my own thing.

I've come to find that, otherwise, it'll be hard to fall into the conversations; it's intriguing how our way of having fun may change, and sometimes we don't even notice it, until we do.
sneezes

I totally agree :3 I've been mostly acting silly in the Shenanigans section. I have checked the RP section and must admit I'm scared, fascinated and impressed all at the same time! The amount of dedication within some of them is incredible! I don't know if I could do it~ but I get my fair share of enjoyment by just hanging out with you lot and I do feel like it has helped my fantasy too.

Also I really appreciate how Lenago balances out the absurdity (even though he has some crazy character traits of his own with all his gadgets) by just getting fed up with it all the time xD cracks me up.

Also I really appreciate how Lenago balances out the absurdity (even though he has some crazy character traits of his own with all his gadgets) by just getting fed up with it all the time xD cracks me up.
....oh yeah, its a real hoot!! A laugh...YOU WASN'T THE ONE STUCK TO A SINGING RABBIT, SINGING JIMMY CRACKED CORN ON NIGHT!

Aww :O
I mean, I get it that you can start to prioritize different ways of having fun and all, but I totally miss the actively RPing you :O
resolves to go to your page pond and do casual ratty RP stuff at you occasionally anyway :3

...uh, but don't feel like you have to do stuff on my ratcount, now! :3
.....the ratcount dislikes it when people enter his castle and climb on him to do stuff

• Haha
Reactions: Guifrog
Aww :O
I mean, I get it that you can start to prioritize different ways of having fun and all, but I totally miss the actively RPing you :O
resolves to go to your page pond and do casual ratty RP stuff at you occasionally anyway :3

...uh, but don't feel like you have to do stuff on my ratcount, now! :3
.....the ratcount dislikes it when people enter his castle and climb on him to do stuff
Hey now, you're a rat, I'm a frog, and there are no other ways for us to interact as such if we don't RP, are there? I will still do stuffs, when I'm able to :3

I mean, I recall doing that as a frog on the Internet before I even knew what "RP" or "furry" was. MSN Messenger Plus! had the so-called "action messages", through which we'd describe our actions aside from the usual message exchanges. On the text field, we'd type something like:

Code:
/me gives you a pat on the back

Which would turn into a purple notification inbetween our exchanged messages, like this:

Code:
Guifrog gives you a pat on the back

In fact... Quite surprisingly I still have a screenshot to illustrate it:

pikohammer.png

...Although this is more of a "chat fic" originally created on Word by somebody else, which I transformed aesthetically and put inside a MSN Messenger window hoax. ;P (If you're curious, the highlighted sentence reads: "Amy Rose gets the piko piko hammer and runs to Sonic's house.")

And on Sonic fan forums, we'd use asterisks inbetween sentences to represent them as actions, like many peeps still do nowadays.

All in all, I still feel the need to RP every now and then to express myself, and communicate with others online, especially as a furry! It's a great way to circumvent the barrier of RL for casual interactions.

:'3 no no, generation msn is still young! Thats what I always say... always... to myself
You'll be like, eighty and still saying that to everyone while you're on a ventilator. Everyone will be like "You're old" and you'll tell them that the baby boomers are old, you're still young, and they'll tell you that all the baby boomer generation died about fifty years ago.

0w0 "Oh, maybe I am old," <dies>

There's something about dogs. They're ready for any adventure (be it just a simple walk or a long hike), they always seem to keep up the spirit and have such a friendly nature! Well, most of them at least ^^

I know this is an older post but I really needed to say how adorable this is! It’s neat how a sona can be created from such a simple situation. Clumsy moose is top tier 🧡

Users who are viewing this thread