AI is Coming for our Memes!

Faust

27 September 2021
For a laugh, I just asked ChatGPT to rewrite 'Steamed Hams'. This is what it came up with:

[Scene: A futuristic space station. Captain Vega is preparing for a high-ranking officer's visit.]

The door slides open with a hiss as Admiral Solara steps into Captain Vega's quarters.

Captain Vega: Admiral Solara, welcome aboard Space Station Orion! I trust you're ready for an unforgettable meal.

Admiral Solara: I certainly am, Captain Vega.

They enter the sleek, metallic dining area. Vega excuses herself to the kitchen where an array of gadgets whir and beep. Suddenly, a small explosion is heard.

Admiral Solara: Captain, what is that noise?

Captain Vega: (quickly) Oh, that’s just the atmospheric stabilizer adjusting. We’re having steamed zephyrs. Mmm, steamed zephyrs.

Admiral Solara: Steamed zephyrs?

Captain Vega rushes to the kitchen, finding her food processor malfunctioning. She hastily orders food from the station’s fast-food replicator and returns with a tray of dishes.

Captain Vega: Admiral, I present to you my specialty: steamed zephyrs!

Admiral Solara: (raising an eyebrow) Steamed zephyrs? These look like quantum burgers.

Captain Vega: (laughs nervously) Oh no, these are patented Vega zephyrs. An old Martian recipe.

Admiral Solara: Really? What part of Mars?

Captain Vega: The southern hemisphere.

Admiral Solara: (suspiciously) I’ve been to Mars and never encountered steamed zephyrs.

Captain Vega: Well, it's a regional specialty.

Admiral Solara takes a bite, looking thoughtful.

Admiral Solara: These "zephyrs" taste remarkably similar to the quantum burgers they serve at Nebula Nosh.

Captain Vega: (sweating) Oh no, Vega family recipe. Passed down for generations.

Admiral Solara: For steamed zephyrs?

Captain Vega: Yes, exactly.

Admiral Solara: And you call them steamed despite the fact they are clearly synthesized in a quantum fryer.

Captain Vega: (clears throat) Um, yes, well... Excuse me for one moment.

Admiral Solara: Of course.

Vega hurries back to the kitchen, where the malfunctioning food processor starts sparking.

Captain Vega: (muttering) This is a disaster...

She returns, forcing a smile.

Captain Vega: Well, Admiral, I hope you enjoyed the meal.

Admiral Solara: (skeptically) Yes, it was...unique. But, Captain, what’s causing that electrical surge?

Captain Vega: Aurora Coronae.

Admiral Solara: Aurora Coronae? At this time of year, in this part of space, localized entirely within your quarters?

Captain Vega: Yes.

Admiral Solara: May I see it?

Captain Vega: No.

Admiral Solara stares, unconvinced. Suddenly, the alarms blare.

Admiral Solara: Captain, your quarters are on fire!

Captain Vega: No, Admiral, it’s just the Aurora Coronae.

Admiral Solara shakes her head and exits the quarters as Vega waves goodbye, trying to maintain composure.

Captain Vega: Well, Admiral, I must say, you have a keen eye for anomalies.

Admiral Solara: (walking away) Call the fire suppression team!

The scene ends with Vega’s quarters flashing red from the alarm lights.

Random ass humor has been my thing since ever, so I could hardly complain. AI could vomit text and a picture, and it would still be funny most of the time. Isn't that what memes by actual HUMANS are these days, anyway?

Attachments

• 96EA8933-0823-4D2B-90A7-25EA5B1E3042.jpeg
    96EA8933-0823-4D2B-90A7-25EA5B1E3042.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Bunny Lvr
Random ass humor has been my thing since ever, so I could hardly complain. AI could vomit text and a picture, and it would still be funny most of the time. Isn't that what memes by actual HUMANS are these days, anyway?
My favourite so far is still ‘Mr Puzzles Wants You to be Less Alive’.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

View: https://youtu.be/WZzbxNoMjGM?si=JAIOYokRuN9yAjJT

Reactions: Bunny Lvr and Faust

Users who are viewing this thread