Furry comics

fairylynx

16 March 2024
UK
fairy-of-mokosh.neocities.org
I love comics, and of course furry comics are no different. Thought it'd be fun to start a thread discussing & recommending furry/anthro comics.

I have read most of Omaha the cat dancer (not strictly furry I believe, more 'funny animal' but definitely a predecessor to furry fandom stuff). I really enjoyed it! It's 18+ btw. I love the exciting dramatic soap opera plot and the sympathetic characterisation of queer & disabled characters. I also really like the art style, though it can veer into uncanny valley territory and isn't to everyone's taste. Anyone else read it?

Another furry comic that's coming to mind is Laika's comet, though I've not caught up with that yet. My younger sibling likes Beastars, but I've not read that yet. A graphic novel that isn't furry but features anthropomorphic animals is of course Maus, which I think is fantastic.

Anyone got any recs? :dance:

I love comics, and of course furry comics are no different. Thought it'd be fun to start a thread discussing & recommending furry/anthro comics.

I have read most of Omaha the cat dancer (not strictly furry I believe, more 'funny animal' but definitely a predecessor to furry fandom stuff). I really enjoyed it! It's 18+ btw. I love the exciting dramatic soap opera plot and the sympathetic characterisation of queer & disabled characters. I also really like the art style, though it can veer into uncanny valley territory and isn't to everyone's taste. Anyone else read it?

Another furry comic that's coming to mind is Laika's comet, though I've not caught up with that yet. My younger sibling likes Beastars, but I've not read that yet. A graphic novel that isn't furry but features anthropomorphic animals is of course Maus, which I think is fantastic.

Anyone got any recs? :dance:

Ah, I remember those comics. Very Early Stuff in the Territory of Printed comics for furries. Sadly I stopped reading, I never found them to my liking since my tastes were much different back then.

Being younger tends to make those tastes very obvious (and stupid) at times. But my tastes have changed.

One furry Comic series I absolutely recommend is “Albedo” - Futuristic War Comic.

“Blacksed” - Which is more of a Noir/Detective Comic series that also got its own Video game by the same name. It’s good stuff.

One furry Comic series I absolutely recommend is “Albedo” - Futuristic War Comic.
Agreed, also Albedo is a really historic comic because the modern furry fandom largely grew from the Albedo fandom.

Freefall is another good one. It's a very long running hard sci-fi comic.

Reactions: Alphaleader
Some other comics I know of are Mouse Guard, Squarriors, and Autumnlands. All of them are good, though the last two have pretty much been abandoned.

There's also Teknophage, a comic featuring a dinosaur man who was also the mascot of the . I've always been a big fan of it, though it is a very niche comic that most people probably won't be into unless they are fine with body horror or want to read stuff Neil Gaiman worked on. That, or look into comic companies that died during the 90's comic crash.

Reactions: Alphaleader

Users who are viewing this thread