My D&D Characters

OtheratheOtter

12 December 2023
National Park, NJ
Here's the links to my Google sheets D&D character sheets. I use 5e. I need help writing the character bios. If anyone could help, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Sora Myastan
Ara Meliamne
Dungeons And Dragons Dnd GIF by Rewire.org

Reactions: zephyr
That sheet layout is pretty nice.

I suggest keeping a bio very basic if you're not already using the character in a campaign. I provide a little blurb about the setting of my campaigns and ask for a little background blurb in return so I can try to incorporate basic elements of the characters' bios. We sort of let it develop as we go.

Things I like to see in a character blurb might include:

Hometown: A name and general description of what it was like. Rural? City? Wealthy? Slums?

Current or recent employment such as carpenter, navigator, jeweler, etc. You can claim to know more than average information about a general topic or skill you were trained in. When I DM, I'll give advantage to rolls that have any relation to that skill.

A hobby: Again, another chance to know more than above average information about a specific thing.

A vice: Something they can't resist collecting, consuming, or doing, even when they know it's not in their best interest.

I recommend not having a love interest unless it's another player's character and they are okay with it.

It's actually good that you're thinking in terms of plot hooks this early on. While there's a few background generators out there (and I recommend spending some time looking at one),; it's helpful to flesh a character out by thinking of them as more than numbers on a sheet.

So....good job! :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread