Unusual anthro artists

Pomorek

30 December 2022
Naturally, every artist is unique in their own right.

But there are those who are REALLY outstanding and memorable, for one reason or another (and I don't mean NSFW aspects/kinks here, that would be another kettle of fish). I love finding artists like this, I'd like to share my findings, and I hope you can contribute to the list.

fmirsokp

An artist with unique "swooshy" cartoony drawing style and some unusual ideas for characters and situations. Also apparently taking inspiration for pictures from weird news headlines. Lots of absurd, snarky sense of humor too, which I love.

(Disclosure: I'm taking part in a free sketch event from them, the requirement for which was to spread the word about the artist. I did that already on other platforms. But I had a concept for a thread like this one in the back of my mind. And it's a good excuse to start it.)

Example:
1705049877.fmirsokp_obothersomex.jpg
Source

Maquenda

A slug-loving artist, combining symbolic art, buddhist/hindu/tibetan themes, anthro, and feminist flair. As crazy as it sounds, it works.

Example:
1651221919.maquenda_yoniverse-small2.jpg
Source

Scale

An Italian artist whose style might be more conventional than those above. However his colored pictures are painted with oils - a very traditional, time-honored technique. Also his works have been exhibited in some non-furry real-world spaces in Italy. Quite an achievement, I'd say.
1455234220.scale_s_nocturnal_session.jpg
Source

There may be more to come, once I sift through my extensive list of favorites...

Absolutely fantastic findings there Pomorek! All with their own unique style that stands out!

- fmirsokp seems to have found a way to implement Sonic influences with heavy psychedelia

- Maquenda, I am honestly speechless... she has hit the spot that I simply adore about spiritual art! And she has a Watership Down one. Gaaah <3 I love her art so much

- Scale: I mean who doesn't like traditional art? I guess Furry Art thrived thanks to digital and the internet, which is super awesome, but there's something about having real material.... Oh yeah and they are way too good of an artist! Hahah :D damn! What the hell!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I'll add the furson who made my profie pic :3 I love their style: It's Ves AKA Jack Dawlia

Ves

1714925700.jackdawlia_99cb11c6-91b8-4d89-b0ea-52111d9a3b99.png
Source
1717290927.jackdawlia_7046d00e-9ba1-44f1-abb6-c2e7606805fd.png
Source

And of course Ves made my profile picture and Cheesy for me :3 commissions had to be spammed.

1715533577.jackdawlia_ae8b071f-746e-49a0-b6e0-2dfb623e8fbd.png
Source

Just behave around Ves, ok? Xe is not of age yet.

My top 3:

The first I think of is AndreaBoscolo who did several pieces for me (including my profile pic). If you like the toony style, I don't think you'll find anyone better. I consider Andrea's work to be Marius's official design.
smdance.png

This is one of my favorite pieces of all time by ThatDoodleBunny. It inspired me to write a 70+ hour DnD campaign which two different groups of players completed. She also did a few pieces for me and love the spooky/horror themes.

SM_DoodleBunny Revenent.jpg

And 3rd, Corrvo's art is colorful and stunning and I'm a big fan of Mati the Bluejay. Some of the art can be a bit spicy so I won't show it here (even though I know it's an 18+ forum).

thelupinprincess

A versatile artist, with lots of classical pin-ups. Vintage even, referencing the American 50's style. But also known for experiments including anthro-themed cubism, something extremely cool and special!

Example (I wouldn't be myself I didn't choose oryxes on MTBs...)
1624907909.thelupinprincess_gem.jpg
Source

The first I think of is AndreaBoscolo who did several pieces for me (including my profile pic). If you like the toony style, I don't think you'll find anyone better. I consider Andrea's work to be Marius's official design.
I adore the art he made of your Fursona Marius, it gives him such a richness: there's the adventurer, but also the suave smooth-quacker Marius.
Also thank you for reminding me to go through the Media section :3

This is one of my favorite pieces of all time by ThatDoodleBunny. It inspired me to write a 70+ hour DnD campaign which two different groups of players completed. She also did a few pieces for me and love the spooky/horror themes.
I can see how that one is inspiring owo wow! It's so atmospheric

thelupinprincess

A versatile artist, with lots of classical pin-ups. Vintage even, referencing the American 50's style. But also known for experiments including anthro-themed cubism, something extremely cool and special!

Example (I wouldn't be myself I didn't choose oryxes on MTBs...)
View attachment 9666
Source
Waaah their art style is soooo pretty w

Reactions: Bunny Lvr
Great artist:

Attachments

• 1692028762.bloopbeepfook_genesis.png
    1692028762.bloopbeepfook_genesis.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
I love Fursonafy. They are really cheap, plus they also make fursuits.
@metatherat would appreciate what I got on their fursona quiz. A rat.
Here's the link to their site: Fursonafy - Fursuit Maker┃Custom Fursuit Commissions
Oh they have a great style, very clean and cute! I'll have to take that test as well :3

Great artist:
Woah :D totally! They put a beautiful spin on furry art! Insane how the more random shapes form something recognisable!

Users who are viewing this thread