Vermintide 2

Firuthi Dragovic

Supporter
31 December 2022
New York (NOT City)
AKA "Left 4 Dead with ratmen". Well, mostly.

So I used to play this game a ton. 307 total hours in the game so far.

I recently picked it up again after over a year of hiatus... and since Champion is actually too easy now and I really need to start working on Red-tier weapons, I've moved up to Legend.

Plan is, do every Helmgart mission with every career, and do all other missions once per character - with no consideration for tomes or grimoires. And try to get the first 40 weaves done for portrait frames. At which point I'll consider the game completed and put it down.

....I may wind up regretting the decision though, as the first career I'm doing is Huntsman. I'm familiar with Kruber's weapon set, unfortunately Huntsman is probably the worst career in the game. His big thing is ammo conservation... and that's not exactly useful compared to other career talents.

That's actually why I'm doing his Helmgart set first, frankly. Get the worst careers out of the way and save the good stuff for later.

That career also gets a unique longbow that can take down most special units in one shot, but I'm REALLY tempted to swap for something like the Repeater Handgun given it's much faster as a weapon....

Last edited:
Reactions: Punji
I picked it up a few weeks ago during a Steam sale and I'm addicted.

I can't even come close to finishing Tower of Treachery on recruit! Everyone gets slaughtered at the well of souls thing. But I did all of the other included campaigns with Sienna and Saltzpyre on veteran. Just started with Kerillian.

I picked it up a few weeks ago during a Steam sale and I'm addicted.

I can't even come close to finishing Tower of Treachery on recruit! Everyone gets slaughtered at the well of souls thing. But I did all of the other included campaigns with Sienna and Saltzpyre on veteran. Just started with Kerillian.
I'll admit I've only done Tower of Treachery once, with Sienna's Unchained career on Champion. The part with the Well of Souls was pretty much entirely luck and clutch plays - we knew to throw the barrels into the well, but we kept screwing that part up and getting swarmed.

I don't know what level you've built each character to so far, but I know with my Sienna build that I definitely took the "blocking vents Overcharge" and "Living Bomb gives everyone temporary health" talents. The latter in particular is an immense lifesaver.

Sienna was maxed at level 35 and Saltzpyre was 30. We got close once but I distinctly remember throwing two barrels in and neither of them counting.
I think it's mostly a lack of coordination; everyone split up and they weren't protecting whomever was going for the barrel.

I've recently noticed that it now only needs 55GB of free space to be installed instead of the ridiculous 110 GB it was at one point. Might be enough for me to pick it up again, the world could use some more of the better Warhammer.

For any other Vermintide 2 players, they opened up the alpha of Versus mode until March 17th 2024.
If you have the game, the 6th anniversary update will install and Versus will be added to the main menu.

Basically, there are 2 teams with 4 players each. One team will play as the Ubersreik heroes who try to complete the level as usual but with only with their choice of starting weapons. The other team gets to play as Skaven specials! I think it's a little unbalanced since the Skaven can only take 1 or 2 hits but firing off a rattling gun is very satisfying.

Reactions: Khafra

Users who are viewing this thread