Video game hidden gems

Lenago

22 December 2022
We all have video games that we enjoy very much, some might be from a well known series, but some can be a hidden gem that many don't know about, so how about we share these games that we enjoy so much, but slipped through the radar? They can be retro, modern, pc or portable. What matters is that these games are not well known, but for you they brought moments of fun or were special to you. Lets start!

1000024758.jpg
Klonoa 2 -Playstation 2: this was my first ps2 games, this was a very cute and simple puzzle platformer, the great level design coupled with the game's beautiful soundtrack made this relaxing adventure a especial one from start to the end.

This game and Klonoa 1 were rereleased for pc and modern systems, so anyone can go check this underated game out

I'm obligated to put this in here, seeing as I've been talking a lot about this game in the Favorite Video Games thread. Metal Arms: Glitch in the System - a ubiquitous childhood CLASSIC, at least for me, a game that literally defines "hidden gem" and should need no introduction to a thread like this, but the perfect addition, nonetheless. A very Ratchet and Clank-esque game (everyone always compares it to Ratchet and Clank) that's a cross of a third person shooter and a platformer like the good old 90s games (except Metal Arms was released in 2003), and you play as a robot named Glitch and cause insane amounts of mayhem with weapons that become OP as fuck by the end of the game. I wouldn't even know where to begin with this game trying to describe it, but I'll post a review somebody did of it just to kind of introduce it. A game with a rather conflicting demographic where it has a lot of humorous elements to it, yet there's also a lot of adult humor and dark content in the game, so it's really kind of a niche game demographic-wise, but the game pulls off this contrast so fantastically, and it's not jarring in any way. It's just surprising at first when you have a game seemingly meant for kids, and literally Krunk, one of the main characters (not the one you play as, though), curses continually every sentence, which comically gets bleeped out. The game does get a little repetitive, and the levels are pretty much one gunfight to the next, but it's also a really entertaining and fun game with tons of replay value. You've got all kinds of guns, all kinds of enemies, you can even control enemies and possess them later in the game with a special weapon called the Control Tether, and there's also sometimes vehicular combat. Across 42 levels that take you across a bunch of cool locations, and between all the different weapons and how ridiculously powerful they become later on, it's not AS repetitive as you might think. It's one of my favorite games of all time, and one of the games I played the most of growing up. Unfortunately, the game really didn't get much at ALL publicity when it released, and because of this and the strange demographic, the game sold extremely poorly and was almost instantly obscure. No other kid I knew growing up ever had this game, tragically. Yet to this day, I still hold it as one of the holy grails and defining games of my childhood, and I think it's a damn shame it didn't go onto be a MUCH bigger title than it ended up being. It was supposed to have a sequel that was already being made upon the game's release, but it got cancelled, and it's never been seen since. Nonetheless, we got one golden egg out of it all, and seriously, as far as hidden gems go, look no further. I forget to mention, this game was released on GameCube, Xbox, and PS2, the PS2 version kind of being the cut rate one of the three.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8hAZUGuRF5M

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vFQ-7Kr7xE8

Reactions: Lenago
Speaking of Metal Arms...I have straight up BROKEN the physics of the game as I'm screwing around just now, and I have zero idea how. Kat, what have you DONE?!

Attachments

• 190CD213-E9D1-4C7C-A9D8-CD052C8F3283.gif
    190CD213-E9D1-4C7C-A9D8-CD052C8F3283.gif
    8 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread