Anime suggestions and reviews

MooseHorns237

26 January 2024
Northwest U.S.A
I don't watch much stuff, but I'm becoming more interested in anime. What's your favorite ones? What are ones that feature anthro characters? Do you guys have any reviews you'd like to post about various animes?
If your comment contains a spoiler for the show, please use the -- well.... spoiler function XD

I recently saw Baccano! (A complex 1930s gangsters story set in a fictional New York) and Durarara!! (Another gang story with supernatural elements in a modernish day part of Tokyo). No anthro characters, though. I think both of these were by the same producer and they have a LOT of characters telling the stories from different points of view, so there's a lot of "What is happening!?!?!" until you get further into it.

Madoka Magica was an excellent psychological horror that really spins the magical girl formula. It also has a cat-like creature named Kyubey.

And one of the first ones I saw was Tenchi Muyo! Tenchi Universe (a classic sci-fi/action/comedy harem cliché). It has a cat-rabbit named Ryo-ohki.

Reactions: MooseHorns237
I finally watched Neon Genesis Evangelion after years of thinking it was just another Mecha-Anime. It's an easy recommendation :D they really didnt have to go that deep

Anthro characters, demonology, psychological horror and comedy are all aspects I like (which Helluva Boss covers all of them, lol, that's why I like it so much)

Does Pokémon count?

The only "true" anime I ever watched and got invested in was Bleach, waaaay back in the 00s. Never finished it, actually, because of waiting for episodes to be finished and all that, and for some reason, as inexplicably as I got into it, I just kind of fell out of it. I would totally love to find out how the series went someday and rewatch it from the beginning just to remember.

i've not watched much anime (unfortunately none with anthro characters spring to mind), but I recommend Wandering Son. Although it's a slice of life anime so may not be up yr alley.
I've started reading Dungeon Meshi and there's anime coming out for that; it's got a sort of cat-person character but i've not yet encountered them in my reading so don't have much info. :P

Gonna toss in votes for BNA & Beastars too, both are pretty awesome. I’ve not finished/caught up with BNA though, so I can’t speak for how the later eps are but it’s got a solid start!

There’s also Polar Bear Café, I haven’t personally watched but I’ve heard great reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread