Deer`s stuff

Do you make clothes as well?
No. I don't make clothes. I also can't master knitting (although I tried to learn how to knit socks). Too dumb for knitting, lol. :cheesehead:

I order scraps of fabric on marketplaces, now I don't let mates throw away old clothes and bed linen - I take these worn fabrics for myself, I use them in my work too. The original idea of Kinusaiga was not to throw away the fabric. Considering that traditional kimonos were made of natural silk, even worn ones, they are valuable to the Japanese. So it's much more pleasant to use old things for patchwork than just burn or throw them away.

I don't sew things out of scraps, but now I can make paintings out of them. It's weird and has no household benefits, but why not. I just love crafting stuffs.
It's nice when a thing has a practical application, but in my experience, a work of art and practical use in a broad sense usually cannot be combined in one product. A practical thing should not be frankly a pity to use:toothless:

Aww I know what you mean, but I wouldn't say "has no household benefits"

If you're surrounded by art you just feel happier :3 that has a ton of benefits I think! Some art can make you think, some art can remind you of what you value most, some art is just nice to look at and makes you smile. These days everything seems to need to be "practical", have a "use" and of course "make money", or else it's worthless, but I feel like it makes life empty and hollow, down right depressing if you look at modernist architecture (but that's another can of worms entirely). So don't say it's not beneficial Eyleifr!

I just wondered since having clothes with your art stitched into them would be the most epic thing ever :D but it's probably a very fantastical day dreamy thing on my part.

PS: Also I'm way too dumb for knitting too xD I bougth wool like 7 days before Christmas, thinking "Hah! A self made scarf, that'll be a great present!"
I ended up gifting it one year later :'3

but I wouldn't say "has no household benefits"
I mean, you shouldn't do something epic. For everyday things, there is no point in doing something very big and complicated. It is better to limit yourself to something smaller and modest. :carrotcake:

seems to need to be "practical", have a "use" and of course "make money", or else it's worthless, but I feel like it makes life empty and hollow, down right depressing if you look at modernist architecture (but that's another can of worms entirely). So don't say it's not beneficial Eyleifr!
Well, personally, I can't live without creating anything. The reason why I'm trying to monetize these skills (fortunately, they started commissioned from me last year, a little, but I'm glad about it, after years of complete lack of demand). So, it's kind of the most important part of my existence, although it's very sad if you dig deeper. But that's all I can be productive at for a long time, so turning that skill into a job is the best thing I could do with my life.
Broadly speaking, people, in general, often look happy when they see it. Let it go on like this. If they like it, I have a chance.

I just wondered since having clothes with your art stitched into them would be the most epic thing ever :D but it's probably a very fantastical day dreamy thing on my part.
Not at all, this year I have already done the embroidery on hat. And, to decorate clothes with embroidery is its original function. This requires more care. I would limit myself to embroidery on caps, backpacks, patches, denim - because these things are durable and can serve for several years.
If you do embroidery on an ordinary cotton T-shirt, embroidery will outlive the T-shirt, this is not the best idea.
Without going into details, you can make embroidery on any thing, and it can be creative, cute and absolutely unique. I even forgot that embroidery is often unique and unrepeatable. It's funny that I only remembered it now.

PS: Also I'm way too dumb for knitting too xD I bougth wool like 7 days before Christmas, thinking "Hah! A self made scarf, that'll be a great present!"
I ended up gifting it one year later :'3
It's cool, my goal in knitting is to knit socks. I could handle a scarf, but my goal is socks, as the most useful and difficult thing I need.:cheesehead:

I mean, you shouldn't do something epic. For everyday things, there is no point in doing something very big and complicated. It is better to limit yourself to something smaller and modest. :carrotcake:
You are right :3 but, ah~ a little flower painting on a mug goes a long way! For example!

Well, personally, I can't live without creating anything. The reason why I'm trying to monetize these skills (fortunately, they started commissioned from me last year, a little, but I'm glad about it, after years of complete lack of demand). So, it's kind of the most important part of my existence, although it's very sad if you dig deeper. But that's all I can be productive at for a long time, so turning that skill into a job is the best thing I could do with my life.
Broadly speaking, people, in general, often look happy when they see it. Let it go on like this. If they like it, I have a chance.
Oh good luck Eyleifr! It's the age old conundrum of "free expression" and "the artists actually being able to eat and live!"
I honestly think you're right to try and monetise it: Your creative skills are worth a lot in my eyes! Let's not do a Yuri Norstein and say "The artists MUST suffer" (although given how good his work is, maybe he is right? Ah let's not dwell on it).

I think what bothers me more are people who don't seem to care :O for example; we have this pop radio station, and there's this unwritten code that every store, construction site, office, etc. has to be playing that one station and nothing else (most likely due to it's unoffensive nature, aka being borning), but none of the songs they play are any good! Not to mention they repeat the same crap over and over again.
I ask some of the people who work in public spaces how they survive such horridness and they say "Music?... oh yeah that thing running in the background! I hardly notice it."

So long story short: you making money = big yes!
People not caring about art/creative things = big why?!

Good art is rarely sufficiently funded for what it does for society. Life is not worth living without it.

Not at all, this year I have already done the embroidery on hat. And, to decorate clothes with embroidery is its original function. This requires more care. I would limit myself to embroidery on caps, backpacks, patches, denim - because these things are durable and can serve for several years.
If you do embroidery on an ordinary cotton T-shirt, embroidery will outlive the T-shirt, this is not the best idea.
Without going into details, you can make embroidery on any thing, and it can be creative, cute and absolutely unique. I even forgot that embroidery is often unique and unrepeatable. It's funny that I only remembered it now.
Oh! Those are some valuable insights! I guess that makes sense. It would have to be on something way more lasting than a simple T-Shirt!

It's cool, my goal in knitting is to knit socks. I could handle a scarf, but my goal is socks, as the most useful and difficult thing I need.:cheesehead:
You can do it Eyleifr :D is there anyone around who could show you a trick or two?

Just stuffs (the first is a redrawing of a screenshot from madagascar 3 with Stefano).
I love your redrawing of Stefano. Aww, I want to hug his floot comfortingly (I am a feral rat in this scenario).

I love the one you did for MetroFox too :3
takes a moment to smell the flowers (I am a feral rat in this scenario).

Digital, well, obviously someone has already seen them in another topic. But I did 2 arts before creating a theme with a freebie here, and a few comms after, lol.
The speed with which I have reached a decent level of digital proficiency amazes me.:carrotcake:
----->
Китсуне вм.jpg Коди шибаски вм.jpg Мамби ВМ.jpg Кролик вм.jpg Лис Треши вм.jpg Крыс вм.jpg

And two freshest commissions
Barnaby wm.png Сакара wm.png Сакара retro wm.png

Oh My God Wow GIF by MOODMAN

Awww I love the train conductor one! :3 it's so cute
Thanks, I spent the whole day just to collect the appropriate references lol. As for the history, it is so difficult to find sites where reliable information about clothes, objects and other things, including pictures, will be indicated. Seriously, it's so damn hard. Most of the time, when you're looking for niche items, the most useful resources are amateur collector sites. That's why I appreciate it so much when people have strange rare hobbies. Thanks to them, I and others like me can work more efficiently.

I hope to do more historical (nationally oriented) art in the future. At least occasionally. It's so nice.

I would draw some art of the first and second world wars. My boyfriend would be great to help with this, because he loves uniforms (especially German ones) very much. So it would be really amazing someday to paint us as German troops of the Second World War, or something like that. As a full-fledged illustration.
Although I also have a personal interest in the tribes of Africa, and would like to draw some of them in their national costumes and way of life, as well as the Mayans, lol. Adore.

Users who are viewing this thread