Furry corporate/organizational/product mascots: The corporate fursona thread

metatherat

20 December 2022
A surprising amount of products, services, corporations and organizations have their own furry mascot characters, or in other words: fursonas.
And that is, of course, friggin awesome, the whole idea of a corporate sona makes me giddy with amusement. Were it up to me, it would be compulsory by law for every product and organization to have their own fursona!

So, let's post some of them here, in this thread. I hope we get to see some cool ones, from everywhere around the planet :3

mehukatti-3b.png

To start with, this is the fursona of the Finnish juice brand Mehukatti, which is also the fursona's name.

Mehukatti means "Juice Cat". I bet they were up all night thinking of that one, haha. But he's pretty cool, and has been around for a long while. If you count all the ads, juice bottle labels and whatnot he has been in, there is a ton of art of him, if he had a gallery over at FurAffinity there would be hundreds of furry art pieces there :D

Here is a a whole page about his history, on his very own website (run by his corporate owner, Eckes-Granini Finland Oy Ab):
Aina maistuu | Mehukatti.com
(also check out the awesome Mehukatti fursuit)

A Classic

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

View: https://youtu.be/2BKOC4zaB6I?feature=shared

View: https://youtu.be/PJkO5aaApPU?feature=shared

View: https://youtu.be/spL77iqRl7s?feature=shared

Plus another classic

View: https://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4?feature=shared

Gosh! The late 90s and early 00s were filled with furry commercials and furry mascots in TV and the Internet!

Those are legendary for good reason! So animawlyy, certainly makes me want to guzzle immense amounts of Orangina!
Heck yeah, definitely!!

But for real, I wonder what happened to this

View: https://youtu.be/MfzNEmqeIWo?feature=shared

View: https://youtu.be/YES_WKNtH4k?feature=shared

We should really come back to this Golden Age of commercials and corporate image!

Orangina had it right, I wanna see hot sexy furries selling me random products instead.

That aside, personally I somewhat dislike the corporatization of the fandom. I feel the presence of large corporate bodies appealing to furries generally only results in the dilution of fandom values and identity.

Nothing against the thread or OP though of course, I'm always eager to see more cute furry art!

Last edited:
A classic for the Canadian 90s & 2000s kids

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TIU0HwKUKzk

You got it, Gert and Burt, from now on I will be super alert! You are so cool. I wish I had a retrofuturistic 90s' scifi hoverboard.
Hadn't seen this one before, thanksmuch. This just proves that furries make everything better, haha

Orangina had it right, I wanna see hot sexy furries selling me random products instead.

That aside, personally I somewhat dislike the corporatization of the fandom. I feel the presence of large corporate bodies appealing to furries generally only results in the dilution of fandom values and identity.

Nothing against the thread or OP though of course, I'm always eager to see more cute furry art!
No, you're completely right. Nowadays, companies are thirsting for $$$, going to great lengths in order to increase their profits, like catering to as many demographics as possible, including small internet communities such as furries.

That wasn't the case years and decades ago though: companies weren't trying to target furries with their commercials or anything, ads were just that, ads, and companies were just trying to have a more approachable look through the utilization of anthropomorphic animal characters (very effective if you ask me)... which is why I feel there was way more variety in styles back then.

If a company today tried to make an ad, their thought process would go along the lines of "Boss: What demographic are we missing to target? Employees: Furries! B: Hmm, and what do furries like? E: Big hunk sexy dudes with a Nick Wilde personality that swoons them over! B: Okay, then we'll release a series of commercials with this new furry mascot that we'll come up with and we'll be set! Days later End result: Commercial with [insert muscley furry OC with the most generic design that you've ever seen that is clearly furry bait] releases"

What I personally would like to see is: Yes to the return of mascots and anthropomorphic animals in advertising... but with actual creativity put into them, and without them being furry baits, targeting the general public instead and thus bringing a diversity of styles everywhere. All the while actual furries keep UwUfying corporate mascots like they always have, tarnishing them beyond the original intention of the companies, and making them more theirs than them's XD XD

I am loving the old ads.
Here's some more of them.

These guys are puddingsonas. Eh, that is to say, they are the mascot characters of a (since discontinued) brand of pudding, Nami-Nami, by the Finnish manufacturer of dairy products Valio Ltd. They used to be really badly animated, but the ads got better animation as time went on, haha.

Each pudding flavor used to have its own fursona. My favorite of the lot was the cocoa flavored pudding, whose fursona was Masse, the beaver.
Even though the pudding brand was discontinued and the puddings' fursonas were likely chased out of Valio's corporate headquarters with a broom, forcing them to live as beasts in the forest, a lot of Finnish people still seem to remember the puddings and their sonas fondly.

Oh my god :D what a brilliant topic idea! I mainly go in full cynical mode whenever an Ad is playing or marketing is doing their usual thing, but man, I just love the idea of random furries popping up in "normal human" ads, most likely putting a lot of effort into not talking about random shenanigans or RPs they were in which no non furry could ever comprehend.

I guess I'd probably start with coop's mascot for childrens products: Jamadu
3680273_001.jpg

Who even has a furrsuit!
1932204146.jpg

Now I have no idea if he has been the source of any fine art, never looked it up since I don't really fancy thinking bout such stuff when passing the kids section at my local super market. But yeah, still pretty furry I'd say :D

Users who are viewing this thread