Newcomer Hello everyone

Wuff-Wuff

Good Boy
Supporter
8 March 2024
Europe
Hello everyone ^w^ I hope you're doing fine :3
I'm Wuff-Wuff, someone who always liked furry art, but only recently dared to seek out the community that makes and/or cherishes said art.

I hope I can make a few friends and have some good conversations. I used to be active on a now defunct Forum and I do miss the feeling of community. Even though such things can never be truly recreated, I'm glad places like this one still exist :3

• Love
Reactions: metatherat
Aww they had a forum? No, it was a Forum based on the music of the video game series "TimeSplitters", but man, why did FurAffinity shut down their forums?

Oh :D it was by no means well known, but friends and I used to make these god aweful "movies" and we needed a good sountrack library, thats how I stumbled across it. Gosh I loved those games.

What about you Jack, if you dont mind me asking :3? Did you come from the Fur Affinity Forums?

Oh :D it was by no means well known, but friends and I used to make these god aweful "movies" and we needed a good sountrack library, thats how I stumbled across it. Gosh I loved those games.

What about you Jack, if you dont mind me asking :3? Did you come from the Fur Affinity Forums?
Nah, I've been here since 2019. Never used the FAF. But this is one of the only furry communities I've ever been in where I actually feel welcome and it isn't like overly cringy or something.

We recently got breached though and the hacker deleted the forums via logging into an admin's account, so that's why it's a little empty. All of our profiles, profile posts, media uploads, chats, PMs, etc. are all fine though. But we had to remake all the forum categories and stuff since that was all gone.

Thank you Sqwek ^^

Nah, I've been here since 2019. Never used the FAF. But this is one of the only furry communities I've ever been in where I actually feel welcome and it isn't like overly cringy or something.

We recently got breached though and the hacker deleted the forums via logging into an admin's account, so that's why it's a little empty. All of our profiles, profile posts, media uploads, chats, PMs, etc. are all fine though. But we had to remake all the forum categories and stuff since that was all gone.

I've heard of the cringey stories, but I've been lucky that I've mostly met good people :3 (that or I'm the cringey one and never noticed owo! xD)

Oh man :/ that sucks. I first thought it was because you kept things clean here, perhaps that inactive threads get deleted after a certain time of inactivity. I'm glad to hear that the profiles and co remained, saves a lot. The friendships are the most important aspect anyhow :D no data could recreate that.

True, but some people, for example, had RPs going in public threads that had years worth of posts in them that are now gone.
Ah man :( ok that is a pain. In the end it was a dick move and I can understand that it has left a scar on the forum members who went through it. The fandom has often been the target of ill intent.

Yeah, but we all pulled together. Honestly, the site probably needed a makeover anyways. The other option at the time was to finally shut the place down but we all liked this site way too much and there was simply no other alternative community out there. And as you can see some folks tried their best to continue where they left off with RPs anyways lol. Luckily I didn't lose much, as 90% of my activity tends to reside in PMs rather than threads.

Yeah, but we all pulled together. Honestly, the site probably needed a makeover anyways. The other option at the time was to finally shut the place down but we all liked this site way too much and there was simply no other alternative community out there. And as you can see some folks tried their best to continue where they left off with RPs anyways lol. Luckily I didn't lose much, as 90% of my activity tends to reside in PMs rather than threads.

Ah that's the spirit :3 I'm glad the spirits been kept! I'm guessing forums in general are going out of fashion a bit ^^; but I love them.

Ooh, hello there. You look extremely fluffy, and wuffy. Welcome to the pile of furries, as one of the aforementioned furries :3

Oooh thank you Metatherat ^^! You seem super fluffy yourself! :D

• Love
Ah that's the spirit :3 I'm glad the spirits been kept! I'm guessing forums in general are going out of fashion a bit ^^; but I love them.
But forums are great though! A lot of places have transitioned to Discord servers and they just... suck. Not to mention everything gets buried really quickly, and discussions whizz past in an instant. But with a forum, everything's got its own place and nothing gets buried. :)

But forums are great though! A lot of places have transitioned to Discord servers and they just... suck. Not to mention everything gets buried really quickly, and discussions whizz past in an instant. But with a forum, everything's got its own place and nothing gets buried. :)
Still the best method of creating lasting online communities, imo :3
You can actually learn to know other users on a webforum.

Reactions: Wuff-Wuff
I agree with both of your sentiments :3 I don't mind Discord too much, but there are things only a forum can really offer. You can tell that forums were taylor made to house a community.

I agree with both of your sentiments :3 I don't mind Discord too much, but there are things only a forum can really offer. You can tell that forums were taylor made to house a community.
Also, you can (hopefully) go back years later and admire all the past weird stuff you got up to with your fellow fluffbutts :P

Reactions: Wuff-Wuff

Users who are viewing this thread