IRL Photos

Zaxalightning

1 January 2024
Portland, OR
Most places have somewhere to dump IRL photos of people. I used to have a thread like that before the breach, it was a face reveal thing.

Attachments

• IMG_2204.jpeg
    IMG_2204.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
Reactions: MooseHorns237
Awww, she's a real fluffy sweetie Katara! And surprisingly big for a Chihuahua mix.

Also, sorry @Zaxalightning for not posting a pic of myself >.< I do owe you that apology. I guess I'm just a bit concerned to share my identity after the breach

Reactions: Bunny Lvr
Awww, she's a real fluffy sweetie Katara! And surprisingly big for a Chihuahua mix.

Also, sorry @Zaxalightning for not posting a pic of myself >.< I do owe you that apology. I guess I'm just a bit concerned to share my identity after the breach
Her bloodline is...an interesting one. Her mother we think was part Chihuahua, part Corgi. We think, anyway, we never could confirm. Her mother was much smaller, though - and lighter. Believe it or not, the "Chihuahua" in the picture weighs about 15 pounds! We weighed her, years ago. She definitely hasn't lost weight since then, the fluffy little porker. Make no mistake, though; the second there's food involves, she's FAST. She may slowly waddle around and lay on your lap all day, but man she can move when she needs to. Her mother, you could have easily picked up with one hand without much effort at all, she was like a feather by comparison. Her mother was also a short hair with a tan coat, whereas this one is a long hair with a brown coat. Her father, we cannot confirm who they were. We never saw it happen, but a decade ago when her mother was in heat, there was this Husky/Labrador mix running around the neighborhood. Zero idea how those physics even work, but through apparent divine will, her mother became pregnant, and that Chihuahua was the ONE pup of the litter. No joke, there was only one. And sure enough, she has a brown coat much like her father (granted, his was more of an orange-brown) and is even long and fluffy like his was, she has a tail that curves quite a bit (not to the extent of a true Husky, but more than her mother's ever did), and she has quite large, thick paws like a Husky. Her mother's paws were never as thick like this. It's a mystery who the father actually was or HOW it worked, but that's the theory, anyway. In any case, what resulted was a Chihuahua with strange physical attributes who grew to be at least twice the size of her mother, and is easily the most spoiled dog on the PLANET. She's my (not so) little princess, and if she was any more spoiled, she'd need a tiara on her head. She gets constant attention, she usually gets scraps of food, she's always on my lap, and she's frequently on my bed, too. She's quite a happy dog, personality-wise. Extremely friendly, once she warms up to you, and the second she's comfortable with you, all she wants is your lap...or FOOD (which takes instant priority if there is any). She follows you everywhere, and she can be very playful. She does have a bit of classic Chihuahua temperament, though, in that she will bark and raise hell at strangers, and wants nothing to do with them, hiding behind my legs, or putting their paws up on me wanting me to hold her. She'll bark like crazy, but she's a scaredy cat and won't actually do anything. I will say, she's an incredibly smart dog, in that she can understand you much quicker than our Boxer ever can. That, and she's really good at silent communication, staring at you or standing by doors when she wants something.

• Wow
Reactions: Wuff-Wuff
Her bloodline is...an interesting one. Her mother we think was part Chihuahua, part Corgi. We think, anyway, we never could confirm. Her mother was much smaller, though - and lighter. Believe it or not, the "Chihuahua" in the picture weighs about 15 pounds! We weighed her, years ago. She definitely hasn't lost weight since then, the fluffy little porker. Make no mistake, though; the second there's food involves, she's FAST. She may slowly waddle around and lay on your lap all day, but man she can move when she needs to. Her mother, you could have easily picked up with one hand without much effort at all, she was like a feather by comparison. Her mother was also a short hair with a tan coat, whereas this one is a long hair with a brown coat. Her father, we cannot confirm who they were. We never saw it happen, but a decade ago when her mother was in heat, there was this Husky/Labrador mix running around the neighborhood. Zero idea how those physics even work, but through apparent divine will, her mother became pregnant, and that Chihuahua was the ONE pup of the litter. No joke, there was only one. And sure enough, she has a brown coat much like her father (granted, his was more of an orange-brown) and is even long and fluffy like his was, she has a tail that curves quite a bit (not to the extent of a true Husky, but more than her mother's ever did), and she has quite large, thick paws like a Husky. Her mother's paws were never as thick like this. It's a mystery who the father actually was or HOW it worked, but that's the theory, anyway. In any case, what resulted was a Chihuahua with strange physical attributes who grew to be at least twice the size of her mother, and is easily the most spoiled dog on the PLANET. She's my (not so) little princess, and if she was any more spoiled, she'd need a tiara on her head. She gets constant attention, she usually gets scraps of food, she's always on my lap, and she's frequently on my bed, too. She's quite a happy dog, personality-wise. Extremely friendly, once she warms up to you, and the second she's comfortable with you, all she wants is your lap...or FOOD (which takes instant priority if there is any). She follows you everywhere, and she can be very playful. She does have a bit of classic Chihuahua temperament, though, in that she will bark and raise hell at strangers, and wants nothing to do with them, hiding behind my legs, or putting their paws up on me wanting me to hold her. She'll bark like crazy, but she's a scaredy cat and won't actually do anything. I will say, she's an incredibly smart dog, in that she can understand you much quicker than our Boxer ever can. That, and she's really good at silent communication, staring at you or standing by doors when she wants something.

Awww :D she sounds like quite the personality! Food is the universal language of the dog xD

I'm kind of glad pure-bred animals are becoming a bit less common nowadays... there's a lot of genetic defects, health issues, and other factors that come into play from all the inbreeding that typically happens.

Totally! I also think it's also a good trend since people are more likely to buy a dog from a shelter that way (seeing as pure breds are mostly bought from breeders). Ever since covid I think a lot of people bought a dog on a whim and now the shelters are swimming in dogs that got returned.

Awww :D she sounds like quite the personality! Food is the universal language of the dog xD

Totally! I also think it's also a good trend since people are more likely to buy a dog from a shelter that way (seeing as pure breds are mostly bought from breeders). Ever since covid I think a lot of people bought a dog on a whim and now the shelters are swimming in dogs that got returned.
Speaking of personality, it's very common to see her laying upside down like this. I believe this is behavior she's picked up from her interactions with me. Commonly as she was younger, she would be up on my bed with me, and as we'd snuggle, I'd roll her over onto her back so that she was upside down on my chest, and we'd lay together like that for a while. We did this all the time. And still to this day, as she's on my lap, I'll carefully flip her over and hold her like an infant, something she sometimes takes very well to and falls asleep like this, sometimes she just wants to be upright after a moment or two. But in the past few years, tons of times, I've glanced over and seen her laying upside down on her dog bed. She just does this randomly, and she didn't used to for the longest time. I was reminded of this, taking this a moment ago as I saw her doing it again.

Attachments

• 351A6121-8973-4841-9C96-F2A4A2AC6FEF.jpeg
    351A6121-8973-4841-9C96-F2A4A2AC6FEF.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • Love
Reactions: Wuff-Wuff
That's adorable! Does she get plenty of bellyrubs too?
When does she ever not? She always gets them, whether she's on my lap, or I'm just passing by. The second I crouch down next to her, she just rolls onto her back, looking at me with cute eyes. She likes to snort like a pig when I rub her belly when she's on my lap, too. That's her happy noise, and she does it all the time when receiving attention. Sometimes it's a quick snort here and there, other times it's multiple big ones as she takes in air, and then just slowly huffs it all out and relaxes.

Did I mention she's an incredibly spoiled dog?

My sweet anonymous halloween costume. I made the robe and rifle. The skull is one I borrowed from a friend who is a hunter. It was epic, but rather uncomfortable, difficult to speak, see and generally operate in, lol, but if I could, I would wear this way more often then once a year.
You can't see it, but I also had an old, rusty oil lantern that I would use in the dark and it was also epic, as well as a leather bag.

Halloween3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread