Legendary Tales

Firuthi Dragovic

Supporter
31 December 2022
New York (NOT City)
So, uh, Legendary Tales is a hack-and-slash VR game in a world with skeletons and goblins and the like.

In early access it was procedurally-generated... but the full version opts for one set world.

And... one of the tags for the game's Steam page is "Souls-like". I'm honestly not sure what to make of that - this game does require a firm understanding of things in order to do well, but it's already less difficult than Souls ever was with the fact that you can actually make movements instead of just hitting buttons. I consider this more of a VR Diablo than a VR Souls game.

I wound up losing my first save that was "one-handed melee with a little fire magic", but it was only up to the second proper dungeon. I'm going through this time as a pure lightning mage, and I think in a future attempt I'm going to try again on using either polearms or spears.

I hate to say this but... because wands are suitable for parrying and train INT when striking enemies with them, playing a pure caster or indeed using any form of magic is essentially easy mode in this game. Two-handed weapons are a bit impractical... and I feel like shields don't parry properly so the whole "sword and board" strategy kinda sucks.

Anyone else have any experiences with this game?

Reactions: Alphaleader
So, uh, Legendary Tales is a hack-and-slash VR game in a world with skeletons and goblins and the like.

In early access it was procedurally-generated... but the full version opts for one set world.

And... one of the tags for the game's Steam page is "Souls-like". I'm honestly not sure what to make of that - this game does require a firm understanding of things in order to do well, but it's already less difficult than Souls ever was with the fact that you can actually make movements instead of just hitting buttons. I consider this more of a VR Diablo than a VR Souls game.

I wound up losing my first save that was "one-handed melee with a little fire magic", but it was only up to the second proper dungeon. I'm going through this time as a pure lightning mage, and I think in a future attempt I'm going to try again on using either polearms or spears.

I hate to say this but... because wands are suitable for parrying and train INT when striking enemies with them, playing a pure caster or indeed using any form of magic is essentially easy mode in this game. Two-handed weapons are a bit impractical... and I feel like shields don't parry properly so the whole "sword and board" strategy kinda sucks.

Anyone else have any experiences with this game?

Nope. But that is incredibly Fascinating to hear! Honestly I’ve never been into VR. But I might be some day. Still, I’m tempted to watch videos of it if it’s Anything like “Blade and Sorcery”.

Users who are viewing this thread