NSFW Chat room

Bunny Lvr

The Horny Bunny
Supporter
7 August 2023
Jin's Chest
When I the NSFW room it purges automatically. My question is, what determines when it purges? I'll be playing and sometime it purges after 10 minutes but then other times it's an hour. What determines the purging time?

• Love
Reactions: Mambi
Solution
They purge simply because the chat rooms are not intended for prolonged or extended RP sessions, it is meant to discourage it entirely.

They are meant for minor actions and minor RP as it completely defeats the purpose of a Roleplay forum to allow the chat to be where people RP as mentioned in the rules connected to the chatroom, we don't monitor DMs either so that's open for it too.

It purges every 8am and I believe 8pm.
It can be turned off if Calm were to mess with it but again, it's there to discourage that entirely.​
I've seen it too...minutes after just starting a room and BAM...then it's fine and I still see it hours later. Not on even hours in time either, like "every day at 8:00 AST" or something...it purges in odd increments. An odd algorithm it seems...and TBH a little irritating at times.

BTW why DO they purge at all? Like, the other rooms don't purge with no issues...why those ones? Maybe the "purge me" logic can be turned off completely?

• Love
Reactions: Bunny Lvr
They purge simply because the chat rooms are not intended for prolonged or extended RP sessions, it is meant to discourage it entirely.

They are meant for minor actions and minor RP as it completely defeats the purpose of a Roleplay forum to allow the chat to be where people RP as mentioned in the rules connected to the chatroom, we don't monitor DMs either so that's open for it too.

It purges every 8am and I believe 8pm.
It can be turned off if Calm were to mess with it but again, it's there to discourage that entirely.​

Solution
Can't help thinking it would be better if it purged more frequently, i.e. once per hour, but only purged the oldest hour of content and kept the most recent 2-3 hours. That way you'd never get suddenly cut off. I guess this is down to a limitation of the software though.

Reactions: Bunny Lvr and Mambi

Users who are viewing this thread