Painting Miniatures

Exactly! The stuff I use is marketed to the toy train enthusiasts that like to make some scenary for their trains to travel across. I really do love the added touch, you can see what a difference it can make between my badger archer (who now has a grassy base since after I took that photo) and the others.

I wouldn't mind making a diorama for my miniatures, but it's a problem of storage space. I have pieces of scenary here and there for the games themselves, setting up a battlefield for these guys to fight in, but they'll probably be on a shelf when no in a game.

Given that you can get that grass in different shades and colours, I've considered making my own chess board, with a light shade of static grass for the white squares and a much darker shade of static grass for the black squares.

Reactions: Wuff-Wuff
That would be awesome! Man I love the idea of making the boards stylised :D such a nice touch to it.

I'm a bit of a n00b UnknownAspect ^^; I know there's Warhammer and such, but does that mean there is an actual game that goes along with these furry fighters?

That's ok! They are for a game called Zoontalis: Battle Royale, you basically have a team of 4 go up against another team of 4, either trying to kill each other, or accomplish another task. They've also brought out a tabletop roleplaying game like D&D for these miniatures, but I've not looked into that much yet.

• Love
It's the best bit most of the time, being able to see the painted minis in action during a game. I'm pretty sure you're luckier with dice rolls if you use painted miniatures.

• Love
That's certainly a fancier board for it. I use a printed neoprene mat with the grid on it, which looks like a grassy field, and then I add a few bits of scenary that I have, such as ruins, to give it a nice fantasy battlefield feel.

That looks like one heck of a battle going on there!

That's certainly a fancier board for it. I use a printed neoprene mat with the grid on it, which looks like a grassy field, and then I add a few bits of scenary that I have, such as ruins, to give it a nice fantasy battlefield feel.

That looks like one heck of a battle going on there!

Oh :D would you share a photo of your board with us? I'd love to see it.

Sure, if you're willing to wait, I havn't got access to my stuff at the moment, but I'll try and setup a part of the board and photograph it for you later. :)

Here is a scene I quickly cobbled together with the stuff I had to hand. The badgers and foxes skirmishing in front of an old abandoned gateway.

53597565080_e88b34b9b6_c.jpg

Oh thats awesome! Even with a pond :D love the details on the Gate and Structure :3 it adds so much that there's vegetation growing on it.

Btw, Im unsure if it would translate well to the miniature world, but there was a German puppet show I recall watching growing up called "Die Augsburger Puppenkiste" and for the water they used this plastic like foil to great effect. It added the reflectiveness of water. It looks like they used a blue background and just strapped it over where the water would be.

puppenkiste.jpg
here you can see it in effect

1200px-2019-01-27_Augsburg_037_Augsburger_Puppenkiste_(46430234754).jpg
here how the set was set up

Just something that went through my mind ^w^ not sure if you're even scounting for background ideas.

• Love
Reactions: unknownaspect
Just something that went through my mind ^w^ not sure if you're even scounting for background ideas.
Ooo! I do like that, that's not a bad idea. I would like to make some backgrounds and scenary in the future and I'll keep that in mind! The effect looks great! I miss the days when they used puppets and miniatures in shows.

• Love
Good luck UnknownAspect and do share more figures or back grounds if you make more :D wish I could share too but at the moment I'm merely a fan of your work

Reactions: unknownaspect
Good luck UnknownAspect and do share more figures or back grounds if you make more :D wish I could share too but at the moment I'm merely a fan of your work
Aww, thanks, never had a fan before, just trying to make up for my lack of artistic talent when I paint my minis.

Do give it a try if you wish, it's a nice way to relac as long as you take your time with it.

I'm currently working on the fourth and final badger, I shall post a photo once I'm done.

• Love

Users who are viewing this thread