Pet Peeves

Uff, I bought a grab stick thing to clean up the fields around the company I work at. Theres a BurgerKing, Petrol Station and Carwash right next to it and people dont seem to feel like keeping it free from rubbish is necessary.

I feel you Yakamaru

Yep, gonna sound old, but...Please give me a menu. I don't want to download an app that I'm only going to use once. Especially if the app only lets you order only your food on the app and not the whole table. Having to go through the whole motion of showing how to work the dang thing with my grandparents (in law) is a pain. Just...give me the paper menu or laminated one.

Oh yeah, had another one.

I hate that when you request art from someone, paid them, and they'll tell you when they are going to contact you about a piece as they are doing it and they just...don't? I sent a note to someone on FA because I gave them a good amount of money and I haven't heard from them since. I sent another note last year, but I didn't hear from them. This person has a lot of art to do, I realize this, but when they are taking in requests, you'd think that they would have a system to where they let you know how the progress is? I feel kinda shafted.

Yep, gonna sound old, but...Please give me a menu. I don't want to download an app that I'm only going to use once. Especially if the app only lets you order only your food on the app and not the whole table. Having to go through the whole motion of showing how to work the dang thing with my grandparents (in law) is a pain. Just...give me the paper menu or laminated one.
I'm lucky to have not really seen this, but I swear to god I would immediately hate it if I encountered this. Seriously, how hard is a physical MENU? It's like, a thing you can read that conveniently tells you what the restaurant has without requiring a phone, phone service, connection, any of that stuff. And probably takes significantly less time than opening up your phone and finding the app you never use (or worse, DOWNLOADING it). Wow, shocking, revolutionary! Every restaurant should have a MENU! Do we seriously hate simple conveniences so damn much as to not have a MENU??

Reactions: Punji and Jazz

Totally doesn’t make you sound old at all, honestly nothing wrong with a good ol’ classic physical menu. Like, why should I have to download a crummy app just to look at what this one single restaurant has to offer? Such an inconvenience, I’ve got enough crap on my phone as is without tossing this into the pile

Also about your other post - that ain’t right. Definitely start demanding answers daily until you get some sort of response, especially since you’ve paid. That’s not fair to you at all, given the length you’ve been waiting too. How frustrating.. I’m sorry you’re going through that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wuff-Wuff and Punji
I really hate the sound of furniture dragging on the ground. Pick up your damn chair if it starts scraping on the ground.

"PC Master Race" folk alway bug me.
I pay £500 for a console and the PC user will pay £1000 or even £1500 for their PC and we're still playing the exact same games. The PC isn't guaranteed to run the game, has potentially terrible DRM, takes up more room space, you need to sit at a desk in a specific chair, constantly needs expensive upgrades bought and installed and, I don't care what anyone says, KB&M suck for any game genre that isn't an RTS.
How is that superior? Is it a coping method so they don't feel like complete rubes for spending two or three times as much money to play the same game others are playing? Also, when Yahtzee did the whole PC Master Race thing, I'm pretty sure he was making fun of the exact people who unironically use the term.
...I will say that I put my computer together for less than what your console cost and it runs more things, including Linux, business software, a number of emulators and titles that will simply never be available on consoles, and it runs all of these exceedingly well despite having fairly modest specs. A pet peeve of mine is the assertion that KB+M is worse for something like an FPS. KB+M is a gold standard for FPS. Mouse gives much needed precision.

You do you, but I reserve the right to find certain assertions questionable.

Reactions: Punji
One of my worst pet peeves are people who overwork themselves, they take on tonnes of it, they bite off more than they can chew and then it becomes their whole life. They then do not get any leave, because they will even work through any that they booked and they are almost permanently swamped in work and they will not put their foot down to put a stop to it and even try and restore a shred of work/life balance. It's not like they don't have the option to do that either, they can work less and still live a very good and comfortable life by the standards of the many. What they do instead is, perhaps out of spite, try and get others to dedicate their entire lives to the workplace. They develop the mentality that if they can't live a life outside of their career, than other's shouldn't either.

Users who are viewing this thread