Pizza Tower

Lucy Toebeans

23 March 2024
Edinburgh
I recently picked up Pizza Tower after wanting it for a year. It's fantastic and I highly recommend it. Its colourful, gorgeously animated with a real chaotic 90's cartoon energy and the ideal replacement for the Wario Land series that Nintendo seems to have forgot exist (Thanks, WarioWare 😡 ).

If you've played Wario Land, you know the gameplay. You go through a 2D level, get treasure (toppings in PT), enjoy weird transformations or unique abilities, reach a goal and then have a fast paced dashed back to the starting point. Pizza Tower just has much better movement. i'm a huge Wario fan and, if they ever make a new Wario Land, I highly doubt it will be better than Pizza Tower.

A warning, though; The game does have a couple jumpscares and some stuff may strain your eyes. Like one of the jumpscares is on a bright red screen.
Other than that, fantastic!

I did have to make a meme after realising that the main character in Pizza Tower was really similar to the main character from 'Allo 'Allo, an old UK sitcom from the 80's. Just with more Ren and Stimpy and less Nazis and sexual innuendos.

8oyq4e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread