Sports and Fitness

Wuff-Wuff

Good Boy
Supporter
8 March 2024
Europe
Bunny Lvr's post made me realise: there's no sports thread yet!

Do you play or watch sports? Are you into excercising? Share your thoughts on sports! :3

I personally am doing exercises (I aim for a daily routine, some days I'm a lazy dog, but I do get multiple days a week in) that I got from a guide someone gifted me. I enjoy the boost in confidence and that moving around in general, be it climbing stairs or walking up hills, gets easier! Once the weather gets a bit warmer here I'm aiming to visit a rope park again ^^ it's good fun.

Awwww, glad I can be an inspiration for a thread. As for exercise I work behind a desk 9 months a year so I need to exercise. I enjoy biking, but my bike is broke.

I enjoy watching baseball the most. Also enjoy NASCAR, college basketball, football, and tennis.

Reactions: Wuff-Wuff
I like to swim (ehe, a frog that enjoys swimming, who would've known :D) and take free zumba classes in the town square every week. I work remotely and most of my time is spent in front of the PC screen, so I do feel the need to move myself every once in a while, too.

I like to swim (ehe, a frog that enjoys swimming, who would've known :D) and take free zumba classes in the town square every week. I work remotely and most of my time is spent in front of the PC screen, so I do feel the need to move myself every once in a while, too.
I lose like 40 lbs in 3 months of work, but the other 9 I gain it all back behind the OC, the struggle is real

Reactions: Guifrog
I've been keeping up with exercising for the past week or so, I'm trying to make it a daily thing as I focus on improving my life

My exercise is just playing video games

I generally do a custom set in Ring Fit Adventure that gives me about 10 minutes of exercise, although it ends up taking around half an hour of my time. But I find that it gives me more energy and so it gives me time rather than takes away. I hope I can keep it up, if I skip a day I might just have to post my shame here.

Biking is a good idea :D once it gets a bit warmer I'll certainly add that to the mix. The dogs help too, you have to go walkies.

I lose like 40 lbs in 3 months of work, but the other 9 I gain it all back behind the OC, the struggle is real

I wonder, does anyone keep a close eye on their food? Kcals, nutrition etc. I've stopped eating meat (more though cause I'm a dirty hippy)

I've been keeping up with exercising for the past week or so, I'm trying to make it a daily thing as I focus on improving my life

My exercise is just playing video games

I generally do a custom set in Ring Fit Adventure that gives me about 10 minutes of exercise, although it ends up taking around half an hour of my time. But I find that it gives me more energy and so it gives me time rather than takes away. I hope I can keep it up, if I skip a day I might just have to post my shame here.
Good on you Rob! You've got this!

Great idea for a thread! Some unique exercises here for sure already. I enjoy playing tennis (not competitively, just rallying the ball back and forth). It’s superb exercise once you learn not to home-run it over the fence :D

Hi Gui, nice to see you here!

A frog that likes swimming, who can imagine?

That reminds me that this summer, I plan to go swimming more often as well. I am going to get some of those 'aqua socks', and maybe a lite wetsuit, but for a funny reason: the lake I am on is surrounded by trees, and, though nominally sandy, full od leaves, and the occasional log or weeds, and for some reason, I have this odd phobia about brushing against slimy things, while swimming, it sends a shiver...this will solve that problem : ) Plus I like how it feels to wear such things anyway, and it'll make the swimming season a bit longer

Aside from this, imy other exercise is hiking and exploring; might get a bike and do that again

PS-It is funny to picture a psychedelic frog, doing Zumba classes!

Do you play or watch sports? Are you into excercising? Share your thoughts on sports! :3

I personally am doing exercises (I aim for a daily routine, some days I'm a lazy dog, but I do get multiple days a week in) that I got from a guide someone gifted me. I enjoy the boost in confidence and that moving around in general, be it climbing stairs or walking up hills, gets easier! Once the weather gets a bit warmer here I'm aiming to visit a rope park again ^^ it's good fun.

Do martial arts count as "sports"

Reactions: Bunny Lvr

I grew up on a small working ranch, so for me I think horseback riding was the first 'Sport,' though we didn't view it that way (At the time). In Junior and then H.S., I entered shooting competitions, and did barrel racing/roping. While in the Marines, while stationed on the East Coast and going through my first M.O.S. Training, I became P.A.D.I. Certified as an Open Water Diver (SCUBA), and then ramped-up my adrenaline addiction with a bit of skydiving/bungee jumping, but purely as 'Fun.' I never planned on making a lifestyle out of it.
Real 'Sports?' Well, the usual stuff in H.S., nothing too much to say. While I've always had a competitive spirit, I'm not the kind of person who wants to go out and wreck people or adorn my walls with ribbons/medals/trophies. I just want/ed to have 'Fun.'

I did a very stupid thing after my first Tour, got through college and earned my B.S., and while again overseas during my second, had to return home on emergency leave when Papa died. My stupidity made itself known after his funeral, and two days before I was scheduled to return to Active Duty, decided to wrap my truck around a stout tree, and nearly ended this life then-and-there. I'm eternally grateful 'I' was the only one 'I' hurt in that.

While I spent a long time healing/recovering, that incident pretty much ended my 'Active/Sports' life/hobbies, and the older I get the harder it is to just do regular things for any length of time. Can't complain, 'cause I only have myself to blame. It's just part of living.

Nowadays I still enjoy shooting, though I think my days of hunting (Large game) are over. I'm with some great folks who have the patience to tutor me in gardening/preserving and other 'Mountain Man' type skills that interest me (Curing leather/hides/pelts, making structures/tools/weapons/foodstuffs as our ancestors once did, that sort of thing.) I don't have much left by way of strength/stamina, and I certainly can't move around with ease, so that's that.

I guess I've hit my 'Golden Years,' where sitting back in relative comfort, reading, talking, sipping various drinks suitable to the weather and chatting/playing games with folks are my typical routine. I have to admit- I'm content.

:-)

• Love
Reactions: Bunny Lvr

Users who are viewing this thread