Sports and Fitness

I begrudgingly keep myself in shape with powerlifting, but the only sports I do for fun are sailing and mountain climbing. Used to do semi-professional swimming as a teen, but that's long gone. I've always hated all kinds of team sports and never understood the appeal.

Reactions: Bunny Lvr
I dislike exercises. I can dig ditches, carry stones, tiles, planks, furniture pieces up the 4th floor, whatever (done all of that for real) - but have me stay in place, making some strenuous motions without any direct effect and I'll ragequit in minutes.

Cycling circumvents that nicely as I'm not staying in place - most contrary, I'm speeding by my own effort. And it provides opportunity to be in nature, which I love. I've been into it casually for years. Lately I snatched a sweet full suspension mountain bike (dubbed it "White Oryx") off a massive bargain and I'm more crazy about biking than ever. It seems to be a bike of the "cross country" variety as it both handles rough paths like a charm and is faster on the road than I expected.

Aside from that, I like long walks and won't ignore an opportunity for hiking, however rare that might be.

Watching sports? Nope, I don't have television, and I'm not particularly interested in that.

Doing sports/exercise? I'd love to exercise, but there's plenty of laziness to overcome for that to happen. It would certainly help if I had exercise equipment at home.

I guess you could say the occasional VR game provides me some exercise, but still... it's so comfortable at home.

Users who are viewing this thread