Star Trek Ship talk

Van

Plain and simple
Supporter
4 March 2024
Edinburgh
I feel I would like a place to talk about our favourite Star Trek ships, It dose not matter the class, size or media it is from, be it the prime universe, the mirror, the kelvin or STO. If its Trek we love it.
I feel like every Star Trek fan has a favourite (or a whole list of favourites in my case) and I figured this would be a great thread to gush about the ships we love, and even ones we hate.

I think my absolute favourite ship is the U.S.S. Discovery, Spore drive aside I just feel the design of the ship is a thing of beauty. I love how sleek and interesting it looks although I prefer the look of its Terran counterpart, More to do with how the metal looks on the I.S.S. Discovery. but in general the Crossfield Science Spearhead class of ship is amazing to me. I love how its saucer section is like a ring within a ring and just how sleek and low profile it is in general, I feel that in the darkness of space it would be hard to hit it head on.
Now I'm gonna mention the spore drive, I get giddy whenever I see that ship jump, The way it all spins around is very satisfying. I also find it interesting that it had an open Section 31 division on board. If any ship was gonna be a Section 31 ship I feel the Crossfield was perhaps the best fit. Covert ops would be a breeze if you could just teleport anywhere instantly. I cant help but think of how the Dominion War would have turned out if the Federation had the U.S.S. Discovery.
f5feceb134dc3184ab169bb3b75789d71552693666.jpg

I'm only a casual fan of the franchise as a whole and I've only seen the first season of Discovery, but I like the Bird of Prey design. Very organic, and gothy, and a little H. R. Giger-like. Surprisingly, I couldn't find a good image of it other than these models.

BoP.JPG

I'm guessing a real version would be super impractical as those wings would serve no other purpose than to be a massive target.

• Love
Reactions: Van
I'm only a casual fan of the franchise as a whole and I've only seen the first season of Discovery, but I like the Bird of Prey design. Very organic, and gothy, and a little H. R. Giger-like. Surprisingly, I couldn't find a good image of it other than these models.

View attachment 8808

I'm guessing a real version would be super impractical as those wings would serve no other purpose than to be a massive target.
Thats Klingons for you though, The love to be bold warriors. TBH I think most of the DISCO designs were spot on, Like all the Klingon ships were super intimidating. I could see why the FED didn't want to go to war.

I do prefer this bird of prey to a lot of the other Klingon ships, The one with the super long skinny neck comes to mind. It seems like a huge design flaw, This one is good as it keeps the bridge pretty close to the rest of the ship.

Users who are viewing this thread