The "Name That Game" thread

Faust

27 September 2021
There's a game I'd really like to play again. I remember it being really fun, but I can't recall its name or much of the details. I don't even remember what system it was on, but it was probably either PC or Xbox 360. Here's what I can remember:

• It was very much an Indie game, and probably had a one-man development team.
  • It was a 2D side-scrolling shoot 'em up with lowish-resolution graphics.
  • The enemies were really weird-looking aliens.
  • There was something unique and interesting about the weapons in the game - maybe they were customisable, or the upgrade system was really odd?
  • I have a vague recollection that maybe one of the guns was on a string and could hover a small distance from the player while aiming in any direction.
  • Each level had multiple exits and there were several ways to get through the game.
  • The 'end bosses' was different depending on your route.
  • I think it coined the term 'Death-Grazing'. Time moved slower as you got closer to enemies and projectiles, giving you a better chance at a last-second dodge.
  • There may have been multiple PCs to choose between.
  • There wasn't much in the way of plot.

It's driving me crazy trying to think what it was called. Anybody know?
Also, if anybody else has games they'd like to rediscover, feel free to post here too!

Had a brainwave. I went to the Steam store and just kept adding things I knew about the game until I narrowed the list down to less than 30 possibilities, and there it was! In case anyone wants the 'fun' of working it out for themselves, I'll post the link as a spoiler below.

It was 'Weapon of Choice'
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/373600/Weapon_of_Choice/

• Love
Reactions: Bunny Lvr
Here's mine. It has 5 main characters, all animatronics
It's a first person indie horror game.
The main animatronic is named Freddy.
Easy. "Five Nights at Freddy's"

(or one of its many sequels or clones. There seem to be hundreds of copycats on Itch, including some that look seriously NSFW.)

Reactions: Bunny Lvr

Users who are viewing this thread